Isaac
Years ago

Crocs vs Wildcats, Jan 12 revenge bout

How likely are the Crocs to exact their revenge for the loss earlier in the round?

Topic #33490 | Report this topic

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I would have said an 11% chance, but without Matty I'll upgrade it to 16%

Reply #452345 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Always tough to win up there, if the crocs shoot like friday nyt, then it will make it hard for perth and again with no matty.

Reply #452346 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

When was the last time Townsville beat Perth, at home or away?

Has to be a few seasons.

Was it the John Rillie game?

Reply #452353 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Looking like it's gonna be another Perth Wildcats layup line early on.

Would be good to wait until just before half time to lay down and give up, like they usually do, at least.

Reply #452354 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I've nearly had enough of Shawn Dennis.

How the hell can you have been around the game as a coach and player for your entire life and not realise that you can't play a zone for any extended period of time against teams that have multiple knock down shooters?

Reply #452357 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Would be good to get a look at Dumovic seeing we have been down by 20 points since practically the opening tip...

Crocs need help up front more than any other team going forward so why not see if the big fella can mix it up with the pros?

Reply #452365 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Wildcats have the propensity to lose focus.

Up by 19 @ 7:33, four mins later up only 7.

Reply #452367 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Horrible refereeing down the stretch. You can't give a team four free throws in a row in a close game when there was no incident.

EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME I'M THE FOCUS HERE NOT THE PLAYERS. I HAVE A WHISTLE. LOOK AT ME.

Reply #452369 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

The refs certainly did get sucked in by Redhage's acting there. Still a big and badly timed brain fart by Conklin to open that door though.

Reply #452370 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Very nearly two upsets in one day. 3pt shooting was the difference, can't get too comfortable even when 20 pts up

Reply #452376 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Takes strong nerves to hit all four in succession in a close game.

Reply #452377 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Going by the twitter debate, it was a foul, then a hard foul as Redhage continued to go for the basket (which is the opposite of flopping, ha), so, foul after the whistle, automatic USF in addition to the foul, 2+2+possession.

So Dennis is probably going to whack Conklin with the phone book.

Reply #452385 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Steven...by very nearly 2 upsets did you expec Sydney to win?

Reply #452386 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Absolute rubbish call toward the end to give Redhage 4 free throws. It just wasn't necessary.

Reply #452388 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Agree with Mick. Lucky there was an incident then.

Reply #452389 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

no Marcus I meant Townsville nearly won. I like many others thought Adelaide would win.

Reply #452393 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Fun comparison
Wildcats 14/24 3pt
Sixers+Kings 14/46 3pt

Reply #452395 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@NBL Fan,

Not necessary because it wasn't according to the rules of the game, or not necessary because it disagrees with some magical narrative of how to keep an end-game exciting?

Reply #452396 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

I may be biased but it was there, the foul was called before the act of shooting, then he wacked him in the head as a cheap shot.

Reply #452400 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wildcats 30/51, 59%, from 3pt over the two games this weekend. And 70/135, 52%, overall.

That is absurd.

Reply #452402 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

@Nathan of Perth

Ok I'll admit the Conklin foul was acceptable I guess but when Wagstaff pulled down Conklin and Djeric came in to separate Conklin from Wagstaff I thought that was a terrible caall. Djeric was just doing the right thing.

Reply #452403 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wright was running a zone against Sydney today at times. Gave Harvey and Madgen looks.

Reply #452408 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not to mention it should have been a technical on djeric and not an USF.

If conklin was deemed to have committed an usf then fine. 2 fts and possession. 4 is a joke. It was part of the same play.

Reply #452409 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

He fouled Redhage on the drive (which would have sent him to the line), then went on with the play and "fouled" him again, hitting him across the head. You could argue that the second foul was an unfortunate accident or whatever but if the refs deemed it to be excessive contact then it has to be USF.

Reply #452418 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Not to mention it should have been a technical on djeric and not an USF."

Not only is that not actually the rule, the penalty is the same either way.

Reply #452427 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Redhage foul was a hand check when he put the ball on the floor and as redhage continued on to lay it up Conklin fouled him to prevent the continuation. He got a lot of ball and contact with his head was surely accidental. Remember that sequence happened in about two seconds in a tight contest one foul should surely have been enough.

Have to say refs have been a bit whistle happy on the unsportsmanlike like call, rusty hinder also got hit with one for hitting a player across the arms going for a layup. No one got hit in the head or put in a dangerous position, I think the wildcats player even stayed on his feet. Just a good foul to prevent a layup IMO.

Reply #452429 | Report this post

magnum  
Years ago

KR- The foul should be about intent not the result afterwards, if Hinder didn't go at the ball then it's intentional, wether he hurts him or not is irrelevant. Play the ball and not the man then you won't get that call, hacking across the arms is no different to just grabbing the guys arms as he goes for a layup, no real difference and that's called unsportsmanlike, which IMO it is.

Reply #452441 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How is Djeric rushing into an escalating altercation well after the whistle an USF?

That is a technical. No matter the result.

You don't call a travel when someone double dribbled just because the penalty is the same.

Reply #452464 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also: Dennis needs to get in Conklin's ear about keeping his mouth shut towards the officials. They clearly despise him: he takes contact on nearly every shot and gets few calls compared to someone like Redhage, but he just makes it worse with the constant whinging. He would be getting all the and-1 calls by now after the puerile referees got over their "welcome to the NBL" mandate for rookie imports, but no, he has to keep giving them reasons to hate him...

Reply #452469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick, a USF is a contact foul. A technical foul is for a behavioral issue.

Reply #452504 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Seriously, how were the Crocs going to pull back the Cats 7 point lead with 2 mins left even if the USF wasn't called??

Reply #452507 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

2 minutes is a long time for that margin. Unfortunately, Conklin made the hot-headed play that cost his team. He still found time to somehow blame Redhage for it. What a true professional.

Reply #452508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They had just come from 18 down with 7 to play.

Reply #452509 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Magnum just watched the replay and IMO hinder slaps at the ball as wagstaff goes up for the layup. He missed the ball and hit him across both arms preventing the layup, my point is it was a hard foul going for the ball. Just don't think it deserves uslf.

Reply #452553 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly anon. So why does djeric get an usf for entering a confrontation?

Reply #452566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League directive Mick, 3rd man in get's hit with a USF if contact is made. Ennis got hit with the same USF.

Reply #452627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754