RAV
Years ago

Exum, gives impression he's entering NBA draft

Story Link:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/australian-prospect-dante-exum-meets-with-agents--gives-impression-he-s-entering-nba-draft-135312224.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
----------------------------------------------------------------
Australian Dante Exum has completed meetings with eight powerhouse player representation agencies and left them a strong impression that he plans to enter the June NBA draft, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Several of the agents who traveled to Sydney to meet with Exum, 18, and his family over recent weeks believe it's inevitable that the gifted young forward will bypass college basketball and enter the talent-rich 2014 NBA draft class.

"I would be shocked if he doesn't enter the draft," one agent who recently met with Exum's family told Yahoo Sports. "He knows he's a lottery pick, and knows several teams have him very high on their boards. His family knows that this is an opportunity that may not come again."

Another agent who traveled to Australia told Yahoo: "This is a bright, thoughtful kid - a great family – and they're taking their time to think all this through. But in the end, I didn't sense anything that would hold him back from [the draft]. ... I can't imagine him not coming out." Exum has left open the possibility of college, but that's become increasingly described as a remote possibility. Nevertheless, the family has been careful to preserve his college eligibility and leave open the option for Dante to pursue college basketball. He's made one campus visit – Indiana – and has considered the possibility of visiting other schools this winter.

Draftexpress.com has Exum rated as the fifth-best potential prospect in the 2014 draft class, behind only Kansas' Andrew Wiggins, Kentucky's Julius Randle, Duke's Jabari Parker and Kansas' Joel Embiid.

Exum's father, Cecil, played at the University of North Carolina and had a long career in the National Basketball League of Australia.

Exum is a student at the Australian Institute of Sport. Many NBA executives scouted Exum at the FIBA Under-19 Championships and the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland over the past year, and came away impressed with his savvy and explosiveness on the court.

Once Exum decides to turn pro and chooses an agent, he's expected to move to the United States and start working on pre-draft preparation.

Topic #33500 | Report this topic

jimmy needles  
Years ago

The story loses credibility for me after it lists him as a forward.

Reply #452600 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

My thoughts as well, Jimmy.

Reply #452604 | Report this post

Tut  
Years ago

The 23 year old center plans to enter Octobers NFL draft

Reply #452611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knows maybe he's gonna nominate for the afl draft.

Reply #452615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the world of real men with real bodies he is a small forward. He could never compete in the 5 spot in the NBA. If he doesn't go through college he will end up in the D league never to be heard from again, foolish move chasing the $$ instead of developing in a decent college program.

Reply #452645 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

^ LOLWUT?

Reply #452648 | Report this post

Banked shot  
Years ago

My thoughts exactly Dunkin dan

Reply #452649 | Report this post

Tut  
Years ago

That anon is obviously confused about life

Reply #452650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Ketut

Reply #452661 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

645, it's only January and you have already nailed 2014's Dumbest Post award.

Reply #452663 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He will be a multi millionaire without going to college not sure what planet anon 645 is on.

Reply #452666 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yeah because apparently Exum wants to be a 6 ft 6 center?... LOL. that only works in the phillopines

Reply #452683 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

chuck hayes is an adequate 6ft6 center

Reply #452703 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754