Anonymous
Years ago

Breakers vs Hawks, Thu 23/1

Breakers currently lead 67-64 with 4:35 to go in the 3rd.

Topic #33560 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers lead 81-78 at 3 quarter time.

Reply #453930 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Sensational game. Hawks up by 2.

Reply #453933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks 92-90 with 3:27 to go.

Reply #453934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they call a foul on CJ's dive?

Reply #453936 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

WTF is Tiggs on the bench.

Reply #453937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers up 99-95 with 1:04 to go.

Reply #453938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big 3 by Wilkinson, Breakers lead 102-95 with 30.9 to go

Reply #453939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks got hosed on the calls with this one and were plain unlucky. Anytime the Breakers drove to the basket means the Hawks fouled them? Mmmkay. Breakers with a horseshoe up their arse also. Te Rangi three threes in a minute... dafuq. Kerron naturally mauls a free throw shot yet it clanks the right way for them to retain possession and hit a crucial three. Are the refs Kiwis?

Reply #453940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Breakers win 106-101

Reply #453941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 Australians 1 kiwi

Reply #453944 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Felt like the Hawks let that one slip.

Credit to the Breakers for turning it around when they were down 92-90 and the game was in the balance.

Reply #453945 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

The big tree from the normally shakey Johnson put the nail in the Hawks. I have to agree they were a little unlucky. All in all an excellent advertisement for the game though and the telecast greatly enhanced by Tab Baldwin's commentary. Nice to here someone actually pointing out the good things about the sport and not harping on about refs etc. By far the best colour man I have heard IMO.

Reply #453946 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Three ....

Reply #453947 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Hear...One should never drink and type whie being pissed off by another close Hawks loss.

Reply #453948 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

While.... I give up.

Reply #453949 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

On at least two occasions Hawks gave up the rebound at a missed free throw. On both times (one late in the 4th) NZ hit a 3 from that possession. Simply get those gimme rebounds and its a game-changer.

Reply #453950 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

ftoss.....

Reply #453951 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

ha ha

Reply #453952 | Report this post

Kevin Triggs  
Years ago

Tiggs sat for way too long in the 4th.

Reply #453953 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

And other parts of the game as well. At the end of the first Gordie subbed him out for Jameson with about 1 minute or so to go while he was dominating. Breakers put on a little run to open it up to a 4 point game.

Baldwin alluded to it potentially being a fitness thing.

Strange.

Reply #453955 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Admirable loss for the Hawks but that won't get them into the four. Tiggs and Gruber looked good. Shame they couldn't get over the line.

Reply #453957 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

What to do with Tiggs? He looks the goods but Wollongong are just that bad that they kinda need a James Ennis type to be moderately competitive. Even money on whether he'll be in the NBL next season.

Reply #453960 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Moderately competitive? They beat Perth two weeks ago!!!

Reply #453963 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I'm talking over the space of a season. As I said six games ago, they won't get close to fourth place. Further, as good as they've been between now and the back end of December, they've only won two of six. (And as I said at the time, they'd be lucky to win three of their next seven).

As far as I can recall, the Hunter Pirates and Slingers won a game or two in their time - didn't make them playoff contenders.

Reply #453970 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Down a "starting" guard tonight in a pretty thin team. Up against the defending champs and on the road. It was that last game against Cairns that they needed to get.

Reply #453972 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Have to really give Gordie credit for finding Tiggs, I wonder if he would be better than Durrel Summers?

Reply #453980 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

smh Kerron Johnson . 0 assists
playing 30+ minutes
and starting PG
still cant nail free throws

are they even paying this guy?

Reply #453981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^he also led his team in scoring for the game... Hope they aren't paying him!

Reply #453983 | Report this post

Pikachu  
Years ago

he doesnt play effeciently enough to warrant starting PG
especially in a league where the top pgs are averaging 5 or less a game. his job is to run the offence and make sure abercrombie gets his shots & wilkinson gets good ball.
all im pointing out is his lack of assists for his position
who cares if he got 21. abs & big red had 20 each . 1 free throw difference.

Reply #453988 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Tiggs is a good team guy and that's important to them. I don't think they would've bothered thinking about Summers once he was gone, and they certainly wouldn't be thinking about him now.

Reply #453995 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think the Breakers are using Johnson more and more in a SG role in their sets to utilise his scoring. Given they had 21 assists last night Im sure theyre not too worried.

Reply #454006 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Thought Johnson was good last night stepped up at the end. Overall a good team effort from the Breakers - Webster has his best game this year in my opinion.
Gruber exposed Wilkinsons d down low however and I felt Tiggs was excellent but Gordie subbed him too much.

Reply #454063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No crowd # in match report. Are they hiding the attendance now as Breakers have played bad this season and people aren't showing up?

Reply #454217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

probably if it was good they would list it

Reply #454434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:37 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754