Grovermi$ter
Years ago

36ers blackout

whose going?

wish i could! the guernseys look awesome!

luckily my sister is a gold member and is going and is getting me one!

the off court things this season provided by the club have been fantastic only gripe is the lack of merchandise...

my 36ers polo is looking a bit ratty...

Topic #33588 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

It wasn't made very clear at first, but the club are hoping that fans will wear black to the game.

Reply #454629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok I must admit I don't get it? So the team is wearing black uniforms - Why?
Why do they want the crowd wearing black?
What is the significance of black, is there a sponsor hook up they are yet to disclose?

Ive seen quite a few FB posts about this black out but for the life of me I cant figure out exactly what it all means

Reply #454633 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Think it's for the sake of it as some NBA teams have done it previously. Maybe they're auctioning off the limited edition singlets? Not sure what it's about beyond that. Not aware of a particular sponsor or reason.

At first I thought they had found a way to do blackout intros properly with the lights and didn't realise until recently (and someone told me) that they're wanting fans to wear black.

Reply #454641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like it. I think its great that they are doing it. It will get more people to the game for sure even though its really just any other game. Smart marketing.

Reply #454646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The advertising has Hood Sweeney on the singlet - which is a blast from the past

Reply #454647 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Noticed that as well, thought that all ended badly. Nice if they can get them back on the front to replace the one we lost earlier.

Reply #454648 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

How about getting new 'normal' uniforms without a sticker over the old sponsor's logo before getting carried away with blackout.

Reply #454649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Joey like black - Bullets had a 'blackout' game way back in about 2006 I think (may have been in conjunction with a Halloween night game).

Club gave out black t-shirts to season ticket holders.

Players wore black as alternate stip for rest of season.

Reply #454663 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

If they're going black, I wonder if they'll go back.

Reply #454668 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Who was the sponsor that the 6ers lost (or got rid of)on the front of the uniform?

Reply #454671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's ridiculous that they haven't had new ones supplied without the old sponsor on it - it's an embarrassing look with that sticker over the front of it.

Reply #454677 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Probably a really stupid question, but what is blackout?

Reply #454680 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

AJ, it was VIP Home Services.

Forgot about Hood Sweeney - they're game sponsors for this one, and Pura Milk are sponsors of the retro singlet coming up.

Anon, I think it's just as simple as the team are wearing a black uniform and asking fans to wear black also.

Reply #454698 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Huh !

Reply #454708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the look of the uniforms. Really pointless and dumb to try and get the fans to wear black as well. IF it was a finals game, try get everyone to wear blue etc but just for the sake of wearing black, im not going to bother.

Reply #454713 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I like the fact the club is being proactive and trying new things, but unless there is an actual reason to wear black, then its a bit pointless. Instead, the Sixers should be training their supporters to come decked out in blue for all games, rather than (wasting) their efforts with a black concept.

Reply #454715 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Don't forget to paint your faces too, Sixers fans!

Reply #454719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

42 degrees. Couldn't have picked a worse day to wear black.

Reply #454724 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Wildcat fan: Hood Sweeney have come on board for a off sponsorship deal, which injects money into the club, and pure milk for the retro game, both injecting money into the club. Enough reason for any NBL team besides the Wildcats.

Money is money and it's a nice way to get it.
I'll be there!!

Reply #454739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly the uniforms have the sticker over the front because its the best and cheapest option. Uniforms cost a fair bit and you just cant make them over overnight either. The seasons close to finished and maybe next season they might get another sponsor so that would mean another set of uniforms. Maybe they have ordered a new set too and as I said it takes time to make and get them here.

Reply #454740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other teams manage to have uniforms made quickly - it doesn't take that long anon. When Farakhan joined the tigers he had a singlet with his name on it for the first game.

Reply #454744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

454740, order new singlets, keep existing ones with sponsor logo uncovered until replacements are ready. When new singlets arrive sans logo, auction off previous singlets as a game-worn mid-season thing to finance purchase of replacements. Then start wearing new singlets without sponsor logo.

If a new singlet sponsor is found, try the same again if you can't apply a logo effectively after the singlet has been created. And then get the team to sign each singlet and auction one per week or use them as raffle prizes.

Avoids having the unprofessional situation where logos are covered up as they are now.

Reply #454749 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

so much hate...

novel idea that has generated a buzz not just amongst the fans but others..

#36ersnation!

Reply #454752 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

BMF: I wasnt sure what the reason was. Fair enough if its a sponsor driven initiative. Hood Sweeney must be paying a lot for this as geting the team to change their uniform is a lot more of an effort than putting a sponsor sticker on the court for a one off game.

I think its a good idea in general, but I also think that Adelaide still has to get the "blue culture" thing going and get fans to embrace blue (like Perth with red), and having a black theme... im a bit unsure about it just to please a one off sponsor.

Hope they pull it off though!

Reply #454757 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

I think the whole blackout thing is just a gimmick to get people talking about it and perhaps get more to attend. Peach has said in his weekly column that it's an NBA thing.

I think that it's good that the club are trying different things. Does anyone know if they are auctioning off the singlets?

Reply #454769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe we can go green for St Patty's day like the NBA?? Cant see how it motivates anyone to attend though.

I'd like to keep the black permanently so we don't share colours with the Crows ;-)

Reply #454794 | Report this post

carcus mamby  
Years ago

Can soneone pick me up a shirt, will paypal. Im going to miss the game

Reply #454850 | Report this post

Grovermi$ter  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/mitch-creek-ready-for-adelaide-36ers-to-deliver-an-nbl-blackout-to-cairns-taipans/story-fne5rn2j-1226814324307

as per the article the players tops will be auctioned...

Reply #454883 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

So who picks up Cadee's minutes? Guessing Gibbo will take over the point when Ervin rests. Good chance for Creek to get more minutes even if it is in the 2 spot.

Reply #454934 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

BJ Anthony out for this week with an ankle injury. Announced on 6ers facebook page

Reply #454970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers on the back page of the paper today. Yeah boi

The black jerseys look hot! Wouldn't mind them being kept as an alternate jersey to the away whites.

Reply #454978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bummer to lose BJ and Cadee, but the positive i see is it may force Joey to play Mitch more even some minutes at sg/pf along side Frye, which will be great!

Reply #454983 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754