local district games and heat cancellations

righto so i stand corrected here but from what i understand-

games thurs, Fri and sat will probably be cancelled due to heat 40+ temp forecast.

so the final round of pro / rel will be put back one week and and a catch up round will be arranged sometime over the next 3 weeks ?

what about the senior catch up round sunday ? i presume that will be cancelled as well 40+ - so they will have 2 catch up rounds ?

Topic #33590 | Report this topic

monday 40+ as well - so div 2 - will have 2 catch up rounds ?

Reply #454650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bet they dont

hope the canteens are open unlike at the dome last night

Reply #454662 | Report this post

Ann  
Years ago

Yeh no canteen and no aircon on at the adelaide arena last night if your going to post it on sporting pulse that's it's going to be on then they should have put it on as BSA have a duty of care to all players and to the refs

Reply #454678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

STARplex ran an air-conditioned carnival all last weekend and Friday's games will go ahead.

This needs to be done at other facilities.

Reply #454682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Arena was a disgrace last night with the air conditioning and the courts, despite all efforts, were slippery.

Saw two people go down in about 1 1/2 hours with what appeared ligament damage following slipping. One looked like an ankle and that person did not return and the second a knee though that person returned and limped through the rest of the game.

The heat policy doesn't apply to the Arena as it is airconditioned but if it was on it was ineffective.

What was the orange shirt lady doing in ensuring it was safe!

Reply #454697 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Social games played last night ,my mate played and thought it was cancelled as he got a text to play 650 game,he said inside the stadium was a. Sauna bath.BSA said if its 40 they cancel games,spoke to UIC about this but he said its nothing to do with him.On the wall ,it states games cancelled at 38 degrees.BSA had cancellation of games last week ...no income for them so they raise the heat cancellation to 40.degrees.

My mate text me last night,said it was terrible there ,next time this happens he wont play.he works in a building industry ,once it reaches 37 workers are told they go home.

Reply #454703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about reserves catch up game on Sunday at Wayville? And Monday at M/Vale?

Reply #454705 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

"On the wall ,it states games cancelled at 38 degrees.BSA had cancellation of games last week ...no income for them so they raise the heat cancellation to 40.degrees"

Observer - that's just not right. The policy is 38 degrees, its on the BSA website. Its not a moveable target based on BSA's income.

Reply #454709 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

I play social at Marden on a Tuesday night and the rule there is 40 degrees. It's run by Life Be In It so they have a different rule to BSA

Reply #454711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt wayville classed as having air con. sunday ressies game will probs still go ahead as all games are at wayville

Reply #454714 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Wayville doesnt have air con......

I believe all stadiums should buy air con like starplex .i take my hat off to manager who put up air con at that stadium.other managers are bit tight arsed.

Then that way wayville can have social games on everyday without cancellation.

Reply #454717 | Report this post

observation  
Years ago

I think Starplex are very proud of their air conditioner !!!! So proud in fact that Im sure they even run it out there in winter !!!!

Reply #454718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Observer

BSA operate other stadiums its up to them to fork out cash on stadium upgrades so keep waiting they cringe at having to dish out new nets let alone anything else

Reply #454737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with the StarPlex air conditioning is that it apparently doesn't have an off switch! It's always on even in winter!

Reply #454788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the Basketball SA web site they earlier announced that games (except at Starplex) will not be played tonight.

In addition they have just announced that tomorrow's games (except at Starplex) are also off. Congrats to BSA for making this call for Saturday early and helping all those involved plan their day earlier rather than wait for the Advertiser. Well done!!

Reply #454984 | Report this post

Whistleblower  
Years ago

I agree with the previous posting that saturday mornings games heat policy should be deceided the day before. At the moment if we wait for saturday's morning advertiser heat reading it leaves little time for people to adjust to the outcome.

Reply #455025 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Respectful communication ......... not so hard after all....

Reply #455030 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Respectful communication ......... not so hard after all....

Reply #455031 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754