Anon
Years ago

Sixers Network 10 Promo

Half time break in the the Kings/Breakers game on 10, promo for Adelaide 36ers 'These guys are hot!' 'Hottest ticket in town' catch phrase.. Good to see...

Topic #33609 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tis good but speaking of PR didn't appreciate Mitch Creek's comments 'promoting' Sat nights blackout game against Cairns on Ch 9 news tonight saying the 36ers aren't interested in winning the championship this season or even 2 or 3 championships but want to create a dynasty.

Not a great comment given he & the 36ers have won the wooden spoon the past two seasons and have currently lost 4 of their last 8 games.

Be confident sure just don't be a knucklehead especially on the 6pm news.

Reply #455045 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

^Yeah I would agree^ - stupid comments by Mitch for sure, know your recent history Mitch! There was also a statement about the Sixers being the best team in the NBL, certainly not in the last month Mitch! Perhaps the Sixers should only put forward players who make considered statements & actually put some thought in to their words?

Reply #455052 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What's wrong with that comment? Why shouldn't he be aiming for a dynasty?!

Reply #455053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A dynasty of mediocrity.

Reply #455056 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with a dynasty, a good excuse to wear a 10 gallon hat

Reply #455057 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Yeah who wants a dynasty like Boston and Bill Russel, I'd much rather just a single ring like Dallas and Dirk. Idiots.

Reply #455063 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How is the past relevant to his comment? He's playing for a new coach and has two new imports, etc.

We sucked for three years guys, cancel the dynasty efforts!

Reply #455065 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Is that why Adl is wearing black - to try and look like NZ?

Reply #455067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So this thread after reading over it and having a thorough thought, has some real morons commenting on it. Good job Mitch, as a season ticket holder im all for a dynasty mind set from a key player. Haters be hatin same old same old.

Reply #455085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem with Mitch's comment is that it's not like the league is super deep and you have to wait years to have the experience to go all the way like in the NBA (e.g. OKC Thunder). Look at the quality of the league this season it is quite poor so you don't have to wait years to get to the top.

Reply #455094 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

This years quality is poor? I think it is the best it has been for a number of years....

Reply #455115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean quality of opposition vs. Sixers quality in relation to previous seasons. Yes Joey is in his first year but we are second on the table so I don't see how you would write off the season at this stage when Perth are struggling. Baffling by Creek considering all of the above.

Reply #455120 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

What on Earth are you on about, anon?

Anyway, back to the thread topic: I saw the ad for the first time at 7:15pm yesterday. Not great timing given the tipoff schedule for the 'blackout' game, but a good advertisement - better than their pre-season ad for sure!

Reply #455158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job Mitch, as a season ticket holder im all for a dynasty mind set from a key player. Haters be hatin same old same old.
Fantastic. A dynasty of what? Can you not read? "aren't interested in winning the championship this season or even 2 or 3 championships. So what is the dynasty about then? Surely the point of playing in any competition is trying to win it all at the very least? Enjoy your dynasty of losers.

Reply #455175 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Ahhhh you do realise he's saying he doesn't want to win just this year or next 2 or 3, he wants to win now and next 10 years essentially. God damn people are stupid, and I would know, I say some stupid shit

Reply #455189 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

^ +1

Lebron also doesn't want to win

Reply #455198 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

so you don't have to wait years to get to the top.
They aren't. They changed coach and are second on the ladder. They're trying to make it happen now.

Who on earth would read his comments as not wanting to win a championship this year? He means he wants to win it this year and the next few. Not "just" this year.

You focus on process and let the results come from that.

Reply #455204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the problem is the guy who originally commented on Mitch's comments described them wrong and others made further comments without seeing the interview. Of course Mitch would want to win now.

Reply #455208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch is a great guy, passionate about the Club and basketball in general, I think he wants to build something bigger for basketball in SA

Reply #455299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the problem is the guy who originally commented on Mitch's comments described them wrong and others made further comments without seeing the interview. Of course Mitch would want to win now.

I never described them wrong, it's exactly what he said but some have misunderstood what he was saying. No doubt Creek wants to win now but concentrate on trying to win that first championship (especially given our recent W/L records) before talking smack like dynasties and also talking about how much you dislike some players on Cairns team.

It's not the first time Creek's shot his mouth off and given the last debacle I would've thought they'd let a more mature head sell the game.

Reply #455312 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Disagree. Creek is the best advertisement for the game the Sixers have. Sign him up long term and make him the face of the club.

Reply #455317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, just a little lack of comprehension of his comments, no big deal.

Reply #455328 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No doubt Creek wants to win now but concentrate on trying to win that first championship (especially given our recent W/L records) before talking smack like dynasties and also talking about how much you dislike some players on Cairns team.
Our recent win-loss record has us second on the ladder. Nothing wrong with talking about working towards a dynasty. He's here to win. Doesn't matter if this isn't his home state or if coach after coach underplays him, he works hard, adopted this club and his passionate. If we had the same attitude from every player coming through Adelaide, I'd be happy.

And talking about an opinion of an opponent before the game builds anticipation for the event. What's wrong with rivalries and talking points?!

Reply #455335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By recent W/L record I meant back-to-back wooden spoons. The team starts playing well this season good enough for 2nd on the ladder and he's talking about creating a dynasty? Easy.

I understand some of his dislike of Cairns players would have something to do with him playing behind Weigh the past few seasons and not rating him (he confirmed that with his comments in Friday's paper) but we agree to disagree as where you see 'talking points' I see rank un-professionalism.

Reply #455415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He talked the talk and then walked the walk on Saturday. Nothing unprofessional about that.

Reply #455427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is a future star of the NBL. Let's not bash him because someone comprehended incorrectly.

Reply #455431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there is an NBL. If not then where will he go?

Reply #455481 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754