STIP
Years ago

State Championships 2006

State Championships have been recommended to be held over 2 weekends in May. I good comprimise I would have thought.

Topic #3367 | Report this topic

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

I BELIEVE THE MINOR ROUNDS WILL BE HELD OVER 1 WEEKEND, WITH THE FINALS ON THE NEXT- SOUNDS FAIR.

RUMOUR IS THAT NEXT WINTER SEASON WILL BE FROM FEB TO SEPT WITH SUMMERFROM SEPT TO DEC- ALL IN 2006.
WHAT CONCERNS ME IF IT GOES AHEAD IS THE LONG BREAK BETWEEN END OF CURRENT SEASON AND START OF NEXT. HOW WOULD YOU KEEP KIDS MOTIVATED AND PUMPED IF NO GAMES FOR 4 OR 5 MONTHS?

Reply #38786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, no excuses for clubs not getting teams in on time. Thus, we might get a complete draw for the entire season!!!

Hell just called and they wanted to say thankyou for the snow!

(PS. Did anyone else just see that pig fly by my seconds storey window???)

Reply #38789 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

I would think/hope/assume Basa would learn from State Champs and regular season program debacles and have plans so it does not happen again.
Perhaps give Colin holidays at Xmas, not when he has important jobs to do. Am I an optimist?

Anyhow, I need to go out into the cold and fuel the pigs and wind up their tails ready for take-off.

Reply #38790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As has been said on here before, if Finals are played on the following weekend then you will find no country teams will nominate. Guess on the up side thats one more reason not to have a 2nd reserve grade.

Reply #38791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #38795 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

i do not think any country teams played in reserve 2 grade - only reserve 1

so it will make no difference - infact make it easier for the refs

and allow an extra day to ease schedule of games

keep reserve 2 - the majority of players are in div 3,4,5 in the juniors

Reply #38799 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754