Jack Toft
Years ago

Wildcats vs 36ers, Feb 14

What a massive week for the Sixers. Frye gone, Carter coming, failure in the Steel City. Perth can't laugh. They have limped along since Christmas and got smashed by the bottom team last round in what has to be the tightest NBL competition in living memory. The final four is up for grabs and this round should be an absolute key banger! There are two other games on Valentine's Day. Breakers v Cairns - could go either way. Cairns good on the road go across the ditch to go toe to toe against the team most likely to steal 4th spot. NBL TV better get this right! Wollongong-Townsville. Who would have thought the two giant killers could have done what they did. (I am thinking the Sixers loss may have been a strategic ploy to bump up future crowds...) The Red Fox making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

But back to the "Valentines Day Main Event" There's no love lost here against these teams so the stadium should be filled with Cats supporters. Remember Cats supporters, you can always catch the game, then take your date to a Dome for a romantic coffee and cake afterwards, or do whatever floats your boat.

Perth have a stranglehold on top spot, but that doesn't mean their elbows won't be sharpened against the valiant Sixers. Ennis is featuring prominently in the league stats and will try to catch Goulding this weekend. Redhage is always dangerous and I wonder what his Valentine Day's present will be for Peach? Perth's strength has been the 3 so I am expecting them to launch them like drum lines off Cottesloe Beach.

Adelaide's strength has been their transition game and with Creeky likely to now play bulk minutes, Perth will need to be at their grabbiest best to foul and slow the game down. Would be nice to see Carter suit up.

With so much happening in the Sixers and with Perth's back against the wall after last round's loss, it's hard to pick the Sixers to win this week, but if they do it then it will truly go down as one of the classic wins at the Club. Joey, please break my fingers so I can't tip Perth to win.......aaah that's better

Topic #33679 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the Perth v Adelaide game be LIVE on nbl.tv?

Reply #456799 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Perth have a stranglehold on top spot"
Hardly.

Reply #456805 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

^^ all games are live on NBL TV...

Tipping Wildcats by 3

Reply #456806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ong-Townsville. Who would have thought the two giant killers could have done what they did. (I am thinking the Sixers loss may have been a strategic ploy to bump up future crowds...) The Red Fox making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

I thought this but didn't have the courage to say it... couldn't figure out why so many looked flat, had some atrocious passes and plays , and waited to hear Monday they all went down with food poisoning/virus or something and then go Aah Ha... that explains it... Gong played well but Sixers ... plain old wierd..

anyhow, will the Ark be on this Friday to watch with felloow hopefuls???

Reply #456811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still annoyed that One/Ten isn't showing this game until the next day...
Anyway, super interesting game! I can see this one being very up tempo. One thing about Adelaide bringing in Carter for Frye is they will be an extremely tough full court pressure team. Both applying and breaking. I think Perth by the same margin as the first game this season between the to. By 3 (that was it, right?)

Reply #456814 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

With two games remaining against Adelaide, who hold a +2 point advantage then this game does have a major effect on top spot. I don't think the Frye for Carter change will have much of an effect on the sixers. Neither team is on fire but Perth should win by 6.

Reply #456818 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Perth easy win 20+

Reply #456842 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Really looking forward to this game. A genuine late season top of the table clash with both teams desperate to regain some form after a shocking round last week for both clubs. Could be a great game.

Im thinking Wildcats will play themselves back into some form and win by 10. Dome cafe to go off afterwards with a sea of red!

Reply #456865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True effect of the import cut will be the human one. The 36ers group was as close as ive seen off the court for quite some years, to cut one of the 'brotherhood' as he is getting ready for training that morning, may have a ripple effect. Having said that, Rhys carter is one stand up personality, and that will help the guys see it is a business at the end of the day. Perth will win, because the 6ers are simply being outplayed and out coached lately. I mean seriously, defensively STOP SWITCHING ON EVERYTHING!

Reply #456882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers by 5... possibly in overtime

Reply #456937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not all games are live or even available delayed on NBL.TV see Wollongong @ Cairns game from a few rounds ago. Totally blacked out that one.

Reply #456957 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Not all games are live or even available delayed on NBL.TV see Wollongong @ Cairns game from a few rounds ago. Totally blacked out that one."

What are you talking about? Not only do I remember watching it at the time, it's available here: http://www.nbl.tv/vod/type/mp4/videoId/1l51mejx1czzn19d5g4fdy16kz/title/Cairns%20Taipans%20Vs%20Wollongong%20Hawks

Reply #456962 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Perth, just because they are at home, if they play like they have then 36ers. Ennis and beal need to lift and redhage has to find some form. 36ers, dj, gibbo and ervin i think creek and cadee are the x factors.

Reply #457013 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Perth, just because they are at home, if they play like they have then 36ers."

You should head to the TAB and put $50 on each team.

Reply #457019 | Report this post

Wabbit  
Years ago

koberulz there was a game from Townsville that wasn't shown on NBL.TV because they "couldn't" get the equipment up there

Reply #457046 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I can't agree with Wright's quote that he may slip Teys into the starting line up instead of the in form Creek??? He says it may be better to have the spark off the bench. Why not come out with a view to score quickly and gain the advantage from the beginning rather than playing catch up?

Any other views?

Reply #457051 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Sorry........... I missed the separate thread on the topic below

Reply #457058 | Report this post

mowom  
Years ago

Perth by a mile 18. Breakers by 3 in O/T. Crocs by 12.

Reply #457069 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Cats 4 Life, 'Caddee an x factor'. Hahaha. He deserves less minutes than Teys.

Reply #457081 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Cadee can hit the three when it matterrg most! U only need to make a few to decide the game.

Reply #457084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson Sting you havent seen Cadee play this season as a 36er... naive post my friend. Def factor off the bench, and i used to really loathe him. Now im a happy season ticket holder to have him in the mix.

Reply #457091 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So, if Creek starts Ennis will force into him and Creek will have to sit. Later , the refs are not looking to get silly, so start Teys for the early fouls.

Reply #457095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The more I think of this decision... the more I think this isnt even the conversation any fan should be having. Frye should be the starting small forward, things have been pretty good tis season for the 6ers, EVERY team has had some down spots. Cutting him is really worrying me that it could cause major drop in this teams title aspirations.

Perth by 10ish tonight unfortunately...

Reply #457116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #457133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Wollongong @ Townsville was not aired on NBL.TV so they do not cover every game.

Reply #457134 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like it's Teys starting

Reply #457136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please unleash the beast that is Creek.

Reply #457137 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Not going to give any scores but all I can say after the first period is hmmmmmm.....

Reply #457145 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Dare I say forget this one?

Reply #457146 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Which one?

Reply #457147 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

I really don't know what to say except to say I am happy I am going to work and that the Olympics are on.

if all else fails, I bought a new biography today so that'll keep me interested.

the game. meh

Reply #457149 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Spoiler alert for anyone who doesn't know.....

48-24 at half time - not good.

Reply #457150 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

wow

Reply #457151 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Adelaide lost big to the hawks o. both teams are not inform, but atleast perth looks serious in this game

Reply #457153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is clueless !! Crap O and no D being played. He has lost the group you can tell by the body language.

Reply #457154 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I could see a very unhappy Joey Wright on the sidelines but you'd swear blind by the way we're playing that Marty Clarke is coaching us tonight.

Reply #457155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep , underestimated jarrids defensive presence. they look lost.....teys carter have nothing unique to offer...aargh....body language poor between players and DJ's pant pulling, nose swashing is back !!!! look like unhappy campers to me.. somehing is up... is it Ervin and all the words he's had with Joey and loosing it on court a few games back !!!!!

Reply #457156 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

What has he done to lose the group? If you are right then the players need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Reply #457157 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Johnson looked disinterested listening to joey screaming.

Reply #457158 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If I can find any positive for the 36ers so far this game its been Luke Schenscher.

In their defence (about our only defence so far) but I have noticed that just about any time the 36ers get hands to the ball when Perth have it the refs are pretty quick to call a foul.....though that same call seems to be missing whenever the situation is reversed.

Reply #457159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least Clarke teams showed some fight this id terrible!!

Reply #457160 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

At least Joey is showing passion unlike Clarke!
Body language looks terrible out there from the group though

Reply #457161 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I dont like it when the cats have a big lead at the half. They lose their intensity and struggle to regain the ascendency in the second half.. it makes me nervous. Ennis still seems to be beasting in the third but the others have gone to beddy byes already.
Adelaide doing a good job controlling the tempo now but the cats big lead should still be enough.

Reply #457162 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

As an outsider looking in, if the body language looks terrible (I haven't got nbl.tv) then the only thing I can think of is that they are not happy with Frye being cut

Reply #457163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last game v cats cadee on beal and frye on ennis..... mmmmm m

Reply #457165 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

64-43 at 3/4 time.

Petrie and Schenscher are the only 36ers showing any sort of fight tonight. Maybe BJ as well but that is about it.

Carter has been a non-event, though as its his first game of the year that's hardly surprising. Ervin is definitely out of form. Gibbo is trying but seems to be trying a bit too hard and is pushing shots (and his D is well off tonight). DJ is having a very quiet game, as is Mitch Creek.

Not that Perth need it tonight but with the home town calls going their way its like its 8 against 5 out there tonight.

Reply #457167 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Pathetic Creek should have started.

3point land 3/9 pathetic

When is Joey going to realize we HAVE to have a credible outside game.

Keep playing this way we might not win another game.

Reply #457169 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Perth are by far the best team in the league when focused and on top of their game. With Knight back, it will take a very good team to beat them over a 3 game series.

Reply #457170 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

FLIGHT AIR ENNIS!

Reply #457171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that would be the season done.

Reply #457172 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Unf***ingbelievable

85-61.

More fight shown at the end of the game.

Reply #457173 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Adelaide just disgraced themselves. Poor losers

Reply #457174 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Ervin is a little bitch

Reply #457175 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

WTF was Joey Wright thinking???

Reply #457176 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Not the season done yet. If they are as good as they think they are they will bounce back. The thing that I'm worried about is that they might think they are better than what they are.

Reply #457177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pathetic by the Sixers and also Joey Wright is being found out and Teys starting over Creek are you for real.

Such a boring game at least they had a fight at the end to entertain us.

Reply #457178 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

What happened at the end of the game?

Reply #457179 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Awesome display by the cats tonight and Matty Knight is back next game bring on the league!

Reply #457180 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Ervin is mad because hire shot a 3?. holly cow. Ervin needs to be suspended for causing this ugly scenes.

Reply #457181 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Did Ennis not shake hands again??

Reply #457183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think Ervin could be more petulant than he has been lately but there you go.

Reply #457184 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Joey Wright will be VERY lucky if he isn't suspended for a game or two after that. He'll probably cop a sizeable fine too.....

I didn't see what started it but Wright lost the plot and went hard at James Ennis after the game finished. Peach had to hold him back more than once.

Reply #457186 | Report this post

tarvaz  
Years ago

Nope the little baby Ervin attacked hire post match for shooting a 3 with a few seconds left. I think baby Ervin is mad that Martin ripped him apart all night.

Reply #457187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is best James Ennis is not allowed to speak in public, it does nothing to add to his reputation.

He sounds like Forrest Gump, only less intelligent.

Reply #457188 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

AJ i think ervin took exception to hire shooting the three pointer with a few seconds left and the result beyond doubt. Personally i dont like it when teams dribble the ball around waiting for the clock to wind down. With points split determining positions every point counts

Reply #457190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey gone!! 3weeks I'd say

Reply #457191 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Anon its nothing to do with ennis.. ervin is the little bitch

Reply #457192 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Was at game don't know how it started but joeys antics after game was a disgrace.

Reply #457194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unprofessional!!!!!

Reply #457195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Der ummm derrr umm my name is James der um er um Ennis.

Reply #457197 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Bol Bol I agree with you. Haven't seen any footage but if he had an open 3 then he is well in his rights to take the shot. With the points spread calculations he would be mad not to.

Why did Joey get so mad?

Reply #457198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Dean, please don't let the boys go out on the gas tonight.

Reply #457199 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Bloody box score reads like a div 5 team at best - Gibson 1 of 9, Cadee 1 of 4, Ervin 2 of 10, Carter 1 of 6 ang DJ 2 of 8. Bloody pathetic. Blame the coach all you want , but these blokes need to have a good look at themselves!

Reply #457201 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Anyone want to take bets on KB being the 36ers coach for Sunday's game against the Tigers?

With Wrestlemania XXX coming up in just over a month Joey Wright might be getting a call from Vince McMahon soon.....

Reply #457202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"yep , underestimated jarrids defensive presence. they look lost.....teys carter have nothing unique to offer...aargh....body language poor between players and DJ's pant pulling, nose swashing is back !!!! look like unhappy campers to me.. somehing is up... is it Ervin and all the words he's had with Joey and loosing it on court a few games back !!!!!"

mates can be blinded by friendship.... remember the team had 2 great wins whilst Ervin out and since then it is all unfolding, with one Ervin 'presumed' save the game, but did he, or was it the turnovers he made earlier that put them in that position. We've seen him lose it twice on court recently and now this. Pressure cooker just had the lid taken off before the steam was released. more to this by the looks. Peach and Anthony looked wild, so more must have been said and betting Wagstaff and Hire had a few choice things to say throughout the game....

Reply #457205 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Holden V8 lets leave the sack Joey thread for a while. We will still make the playoffs which is a massive improvement over the last few years.

Reply #457206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha not the first adelaide spastic to do something rash.. That Ben fitz dude threatend judas hodge after the stomp.. 36ers and proffessional just don't go together I'm afraid. Joey can coach but he is an absolute muppet

Reply #457207 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I never once said anything about sacking Joey Wright. I think its good that we have a coach who shows a lot of passion.

He just took it too far at the end of the game tonight.

And by saying KB will probably be our coach on Sunday I mean that Joey is likely to be suspended for a game or two by the NBL, nothing more.

I wouldn't even think about sacking him.

Reply #457208 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Sorry Holden V8, just re-read your post and realised that you were suggesting that Joey would be suspended for a game or two.

Bleeding channel 10, if I could see the footage I would know what you are talking about. What did Joey do, wrestle with a few players when he should have been shaking hands?

Reply #457209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

game was a dud but loved seeing a coach in the melee with the players lol loved it

Reply #457211 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

No sweat AJ. Reading it myself, if I didn't know any better it did sound like a "Sack Joey" thing.

The game is being shown on Ten at 2pm tomorrow arvo.

Wright was more wrestling with Peach who was trying to hold him back from physically attacking either Ennis or Wagstaff (or Hire). I think he did shove Ennis at one point before Peach managed to steer him towards the locker rooms. He simply lost the plot, there was more steam coming from his ears than from a 19th century locomotive. It was something you'd expect to see on YouTube of a high school game from the US.

Though I wouldn't mind betting that Ken Cole would have a smile if he see's the footage.

Reply #457214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

During the early stages KB was right in the middle of both groups separating them but it wouldn't subside then you see Joey casually walk right in to the middle of it and get slightly pushed by Wildcats assistant Adam Tatalovich so he shoves back. Then Joey shoves a scrub DP player from the Cats with long hair (no idea of name). Then Creek goes feral at the scrub DP defending his coach. By then Gleeson is in the middle of the scrub DP and Joey/Creek. Haha I got the popcorn out. Scrub DP gets another shove from Joey until restrained by players.

Both groups walk away then Joey goes for Jervis? haha by then it's Gleeson vs Joey face to face.

Tim Gossage uses the awful 'wow wee' to commentate on the encounter... my god you are lame Tim.

Maybe this will show the players Joey is behind them and galvanise the team. Could get them out of the funk.

Reply #457215 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

How can a team as talented as this score 24 in a half of basketball?

The Perth D was good, have to give credit but not that good.

Why is Teys starting? In fact I don't like that Teys is getting 13 minutes, but I can understand there is another game this weekend.

Oddly enough, the Sixers could have rally used Frye tonight to at least reduce Ennis' rebounds.

I think the guards were 5 / 29 all up today.

Lets just call this an abhoration and move on.

Reply #457216 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As the late, great Gorilla Monsoon would have said....

"Pandemonium has broken loose here"

Reply #457217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Rogers laughing on the side at it all.

Watching again possibly Gleeson got smacked by BJ Anthony? lmao

Reply #457218 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Marcus Camby.....at times tonight the 36ers couldn't have bought a bucket from a hardware store. You're right, Perth's D wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as we made them look. The problem was that our offence just sucked, and for that matter so did our D.

Reply #457219 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

After the result I wasn't going to watch the "replay" tomorrow. Think I will tune into the last few minutes though so hopefully I see this wrestlemania in action

Reply #457220 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Someone just tweeted that video footage shows Ennis actually taking 2 swings at Mitch Creek after the game. Joey Wright might not be the only one in trouble from this.

Reply #457222 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Any youtube action or do we just need to rely on channel 10 (god help us)

Reply #457223 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Redhage and Peach had some words too.....

Reply #457224 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I thought the Royal Rumble was last month.....

That was definitely a Rumble in the Jungle tonight.

Reply #457225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Ennis was heard to comment on the incident, der ummmm, derrrrrr ummmm.

Reply #457226 | Report this post

km  
Years ago

http://t.co/tfTCsdejfy

here is the video footage of the fight...

Reply #457227 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TSbpyxIcgg

lol... yeah, definitely looked like Joey tried to break it all up then got someone's hands on him, thought it looked like a bit of an overreaction if it was indeed aimed at the DP (he seemed to push the kid out of the way after the initial fire up). You'd think it would have to be bad to get a coach to react like that, even someone as "passionate" as Joey...

Certainly looked like Ennis threw a few jabs early on in the mix...

Reply #457228 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

That was quite un-characteristic from Joey.

Even during the melee he was calm and looked like it was over, one guy pushed his hand away or the slightest shove then he went Berko!

In the NBA they'd likely be a 100k in fines and a few games off.

In the NBL, $200 and a warning....haa haa.

Reply #457229 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Joey was yelling don't you ever say that !!! must have been a lot said .... Mike up the refs !!!!

Reply #457230 | Report this post

the veteran  
Years ago

fri 14th march will sell out in no time now - cant wait

Reply #457231 | Report this post

the veteran  
Years ago

that game will be 9.8 on the richter scale

Reply #457233 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Don't know why a few of the Wildcats players thought it was funny, pretty SMUG, makes me think they are guilty of some rough comments.....

Love Anthony, Creek and even DJ getting in to support their boys.. Anthonys bear hug on Joey was priceless……

Reply #457234 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Great look for the league - Wright is an embarrassment, isn't he meant to be calm not running back around for a cheap shot.

Reply #457236 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

They looked smug because they had just thrashed a team who apart from Petrie put up zero effort.

Reply #457237 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Talking about the after game antics... We all know they won, fair play to them…

Reply #457239 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Tim gossage- serious douchebag commentating!

Reply #457240 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Now if Joey had smacked Gossage in the mouth - he probably would of got a standing ovation!

Reply #457242 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Have a look at the photo Nick Marvin just tweeted...doesn't look good for Joey!

Reply #457243 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-15/perth2c-adelaide-in-wild-nbl-brawl/5261990

Reply #457244 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I really really hope that the cause of all this is not Ervin's issue with Hire's 3.

That would be disappointing.

How big was that travel from Ennis on the breakaway drunk?

Reply #457245 | Report this post

Shells  
Years ago

Ervin needs to get over himself!!! The game is 40 mins..... So they should play ( and SCORE ) for that full time....... It would have been a different story if Adelaide were down and they scored that shot to win..... Wouldnt it!!!!! I hate it when teams CAN score in the last few seconds but dont....... DO IT FOR YOUR FANS!!! So suck it up Ervin!! You just got FLOGGED'!!!!!!!!! Sooky La La,

Reply #457246 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

TABLES LADDERS CHAIRS... TABLES LADDERS CHAIRS

Reply #457247 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Why didn't Ervin go mental at the Hawks last week for shooting and scoring twice within the final 24 seconds?

Reply #457249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide = rabble and have no chance of beating the title favourites.

Reply #457250 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I actually rated Adelaide until this game looks like I was wrong. Keen to watch the melee on the replay tomorrow

Reply #457251 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

http://youtu.be/2TSbpyxIcgg

Reply #457254 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Wright should be in trouble over his actions but the NBL will do nothing... as usual.

Reply #457255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"'you just got flogged "

in the first half yes, the 2nd not so much but thats when it started. two charges on the sixers that clearly weren't and a lot of other argy bargy going on. not an excuse but the tension built, the refs let it happen from both ends and betting lots said that we didn't hear from both teams. Joey did seem calm even when BJ late in the last finaly got a call and went to the line. Even if Ervin fired it up, what really set off the physical stuff, the callers stated earlier that Ennis had said be was getting bored, what was that all about.... If he can't walk away from a few verbal jabs from Ervin he has issues too. the on court verbals continued after the game and the usual Redhage, Hire and Wagstaff were giving some lip and they were the ones getting the calls their way and and getting away with more than that, Ennis had some obvious 'advantageous' travels so mix that all up and no wonder Peach and Creek had enough...Surely the cats knew they were favoured in the 2nd and the sixers couldn't get a call so yes they were fired up so back off with the verbals...no saying sixers were robbed or wild ats dodn't play well but mum and dad had let it fester and fueled the fire so when the league hands out the penalties I hope they are man enough to also offer some appogies for the 3 big atrocious calls that could have reset the tone of the game and not stop the sixers run to edge back the score. Cats still prob would have won but won fair.....

Reply #457256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So its the refs fault that the 6ers can shake hands like men post game?? Suck it up you lost...dont get on espn because you cant take losing. .its called sportsmanship and Adelaide showed none.

Reply #457257 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Have had a look at the incident.

Props to BJ for getting in there and restraining Joey.

Creek was making matters worse by continually confronting them and getting in their faces. He wasnt defending his coach/calming the situation down..he just wanted to get amung.

Thought it looked funny..BJ restraining Joey (rightfully so) and Creek just walking on past and in front of it all to keep it going.

Reply #457258 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I agree that this is a very selective picture, I wonder if they some of the incident that immediately preceded this?

http://twitpic.com/dviokp

Reply #457259 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I agree that Creek was a loose cannon in there, but to be fair, Ennis HAD just taken a few swings at him...

Reply #457260 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Joey will be getting a couple of games I suggest. Not impressed at all by his overreaction but the assistant gave him a little push. Lucky BJ pulled him off.
Wouldn't have minded Ervin being upset if the Sixers hadn't pressed last play

Reply #457262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lovin BJ.... Time for NBL to look at video reviews and more independent (not Ch 10/1) cameras for these kind of events and calls like that ridiculous charge on Creek. Yes a delay of 30 sec to a min on occassions but keeps the game fair and honest and shuts down criticism on the bigger calls for ALL Teams. then they can do a highlight reel of all the 'non advantageous travels'......... Guess who will feature !!!

Reply #457265 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

The worst part of all this is that the Sixers will need to play at Perth 3 more times this year if they want to be winners. Unfortunately with behaviour like that they are nothing but losers. It's pathetic to see a team play passenger defence all game and then when the game is over show some fight. it's 40mins too late and wasted.

Not a fan of decision to play Teys over Creek. What does it say to Creek? Yeah you're a good player and deserve your chance. When your chance comes it's, um yeah we're gonna play some scrubba and you're gonna come off the bench. Coach can word and justify it any way he wants, but all the player hears is "you don't rate me". Just my opinion.

Have heard Joey use the term "chemistry" many times before. Looks like the player that affects the "chemistry" the most is Ervin. He seems to have too much "ME ME ME" in him. The best the team have looked this season was when he was injured and not playing. Without him the group really seemed to enjoy playing together and wanted each other to do well. Maybe we should start Cadee, Gibbo, Creek, DJ, Peach and use Ervin as the spark off the bench.

Reply #457266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Yes Yes .... someone has finally got it. the team that played minus Ervin was the most composed unit I've seen all season. Joey was on point and didn't have to deal with the ego's. It was the team left from last season plus Frye and he had an integral part and showed us his magic........ Love Ervin but who knew the team was as good without him.. they have never had that chance until the to showcase what they can do. We all know last year was a coaching issue and its a prove point now. DJ's nervous habits are back, Gibbo looks unsettled and maybe he can see his roomie is a dark cloud at the moment. Words on court from Ervin to Frye in the gong game, going it with Joey and others was when it kicked in for me and i went back and reviewed previous games and there it is... Toxic behaviour that the team may not even see yet.... GM Deam needs to step in...... Big mistake moving Frye, should have benched Ervin right at the end and made him eat some humble pie... It wasn't broke, just needing a service and a couple of new spark plugs... Home games crucial this time if year. Melbourne will take advantage of this situatuion. Lets hope Brooks is wise to it all.

Reply #457267 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

It has been very obvious for long time and have been challenged on here my views that Ervin is the problem stopping this talented line up from performing consistently .
All teams woken up to him and has not adapted and continues to run into brick walls and chuck up a shot or just chuck the ball.
Think players put up with it now just totally frustrated and obviously coach has no answers leading to his frustration.
Joey is hundred times better than Clarke but so is any half population but being shown up badly by better coaches and until he sorts out our defence of outside shot and get some structure into our offence we will bow out of finals quickly .
Axing Frye good start but not sure Carter was the answer.

Reply #457268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not convinced Joey is a good coach, definitely not a good bloke! Talent can only get you so far then smart coaching will take you to a grand final.We will wait and see I guess.

Reply #457274 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I don't know where all this Ervin 'toxic' talk is coming from.

At the start of the year you guys were saying how his 'firey' ways is helping boost the team. It did.

He has always got into his team-mates' faces.

Sometimes to give them props for scoring or a blocked shot or fire them up when their head is down and sometimes, yes, to give them a blasting for not doing something.

Doesn't mean he is butting heads with everyone.

He is probably frustrated with the team's performance and likely his own.

He has lost some explosiveness and it must be weighing on him that he cannot reliably be the go-to guy in the crunch.

Lets give him a break.....Ennis and Beal have been in their own slumps too, they'll pull out of it.

Reply #457275 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I obviously don't know what was being said, but some of the body language between Ervin & Wright during the game looked really bad. It's not a good look to be going off at your coach as you're subbed from the court.
I don't see how that stuff can be anything other than toxic in a team sport where being on the same page and having common standards are an important foundation.

Reply #457280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus, pay attention, everyone is talking about just prior to Ervin taking time out for the knee op which has obviously had an impact physically and mentally for Ervin and whilst he was away it was evident the team did not need to be so dependent on him with all their talent Erv returned in poor form, obviously frustrated and it has affected the teamm dynamics. Clearly Ervin is focussing on his own game af the expense of the team and it is hurting them. It is clear to many. noone is saying Ervin isn''t wanted or valuable or loved by the sixers fans and yes early season was amazing. Just that things have changed and need to be addressed so all the work they have all done including Ervin and Frye put in does not pay off. We all just want the team to suceed and if they go down go down playing their best and maintain repect. But not like this.. and not be aware of the elephant in the room. We love elephants but not one stomping around with a sore head w ing his trunk around knocking out the china with love too...... Done

Reply #457282 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

Someone just tweeted that video footage shows Ennis actually taking 2 swings at Mitch Creek after the game. Joey Wright might not be the only one in trouble from this.

It looks like Ennis got things started and tool Flop Redhage was right in the mix early as far as the melee goes. I notice Nick the Dick Marvin didn't tweet that photo. That Marvin chose the pic of Joey was uncalled for. He should get fined as well.

Reply #457284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The toxic town is at it again!!

Reply #457285 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Mayor, almost every player was involved. To single out Redhage just shows you are probably not the person to be giving an accurate account of what happened.

Also, Ervin started it but apparently that's ok.

Reply #457287 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

I was talking about the very start of the melee not what transpired after. Ennis was the aggressor and flop Redhage was right next to him on the front foot.

Reply #457290 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

No, Ervin was the aggressor/instigator. Ennis was heavily involved. Redhage did absolutely nothing wrong, unless you want to blame him for standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I agree that Marvin shouldn't have posted the pic.

Reply #457292 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

I love it when Ervin is in the right frame of mind and helping the team. It was just so noticeable that when he was injured, Cadee got a chance and the team seemed to look like they actually enjoyed themselves and being on the court with each other. They seemed to share the success of each other and encourage each other and were flourishing in that environment.
Ervin coming back from injury would take a few games to get the rust out but they haven't seemed the same as the Pre-christmas Ervin team. Some of his best plays were when defenders were looking to block his layup and then he does a sweet over the shoulder pass to his teamate. That was when Ervin was in the right frame of mind.
Noticed last night Carter did a drive-dish to Big Schensch which took him completely by surprise as someone was actually passing him the ball rather than just using him as a screen or post up.

Reply #457296 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

Apparently Ervin mouthed off but that's not unusual. Floppy should have grabbed Ennis if he was peacemaker not run at a player. Until we see the footage from the other side of the court it will be unclear.

Reply #457297 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Right, so you're excusing Ervin, but blaming Redhage. Good job, good effort.

Reply #457299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quality, impartial assessments from Mayor here

Reply #457300 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I like the part where he called him Floppy every time.

Reply #457302 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish.

Reply #457304 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

So because it's not "unusual" we'll take no notice of it. Hey, you guys say that apparently Redhage flopping is not "unusual" so let's just roll on by.

"Nick the Dick Marvin"? Just sort yourself out Mayor, you have a bloody mental problem.

Reply #457307 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Something about mountains and molehills.

Reply #457309 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Reply #457313 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

No, Ervin was the aggressor/instigator. Ennis was heavily involved. Redhage did absolutely nothing wrong, unless you want to blame him for standing in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

I agree that Marvin shouldn't have posted the pic.

I blame Floppy, isnt he co captain? for not trying to stop Ennis from swinging punches.It was up to the real captain, Martin to drag Ennis away...even then he was still swinging.

Reply #457319 | Report this post

Mayor  
Years ago

"Nick the Dick Marvin"? Just sort yourself out Mayor, you have a bloody mental problem."

On this day Nick was being a Dick, posting that tweet pic of Joey. Poor form. Should get a reprimand.

Ennis's punches were directed at the head, not like Joeys which were at the body and a bit of pushing. Both should get suspended based on the current footage.

Reply #457321 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

@Mayor Martin is the Captain this year, Redhage is not but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Reply #457331 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Just watched the 36ers v cats replay and I've noticed that Ennis shows his inexperience and immaturity in a pro league. There has been a few incidents with Ennis involved eg. The tigers game, 36ers game. Needs to be more pro and save the show time for the championship celebrations. Btw I'm a cats member.

Reply #457351 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Anon 457235 - no point miking the refs to hear what happened post game. They were nowhere to be seen. Presumably they'd gone down the tunnel straight away. I think that was part of why it escalated. There was no-one in the entire situation who was neutral - only people from the two opposing camps.

Given there's more of this rubbish happening recently, the NBL needs to think about introducing a specific post game protocol to manage the risk of glandular idiots continuing to create these situations. These players really need to get a handle on what is professional behaviour and conduct. I wouldn't have a job if I behaved that way after a bad day at work.

Reply #457359 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Ennis was a pretty cool and composed player before Xmas. It's something that stood out to me as being impressive for a guy of his age & experience.
But this year, yes, he gets sucked in easily and often by opponents, to the point that he is targeted every game. And fair enough too. If a guy is mentally weak then that's something to exploit.
He was in the thick of it again last night and should be looking at a penalty.
He wasn't the one who started it though. There are some far more experienced people who would want to have a good look at themselves after that, and ask themselves if they're serious about their team challenging for a title. Because it's still very much on the cards if they can get their heads right.

Reply #457361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good call Kev i agree about Ennis he really has shown his immaturity throwing those punches. Petrie looked like he was going to kill him. Had the crazy eyes going.
Ennis displayed some of that immaturity when he wouldn't shake Goulding's hand after that Perth vs Tigers game in Perth and there was again nearly a scuffle. It would have been good to get some audio with that replay. I wonder what really threw Joey off the handle. I would hope a little push wouldn't have sent him off like that. Perhaps some racial slurs were thrown as well.

Reply #457362 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Sixers were shaking hands like gentlemen until Joey was pushed and fair enough. Creek ant going to take shit so glade to see him stand up.

Reply #457367 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"I wonder what really threw Joey off the handle. I would hope a little push wouldn't have sent him off like that."
He reached out for one of the Wildcats DPs, and Tatalovich grabbed his arm to stop him. So Joey punched Tatalovich. Sounds reasonable.

"Sixers were shaking hands like gentlemen until Joey was pushed and fair enough."
Feel free to join us in reality any time you'd like.

Reply #457371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Ennis is a punk we know that but for our guys to carry on like pork chops (especially the bloody coach) after that shows we're not serious. How about standing up during the game when you're getting your pants pulled down again?

The 36ers are now 5-6 over the last 11 games and coming off of back to back 20+ point thumpings both to the bottom team and the top team. If we lose to the Tigers tomorrow we drop down to 3rd on the ladder only a few games above 4th placed Sydney.

I copped a bit on here a couple of weeks ago when I criticised Creek's comments about not being satisfied winning the title this year and wanting to create a dynasty, how about not getting blown out by 20+ in back to back games first, Mitch.

Reply #457374 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Hey at least now we dont have a coach now who acts like a robot.

Reply #457375 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

What was so bad about it? I enjoy that part of basketball, why call players punks and floppers? I just would say, as the coach he took it a bit far and at the same time it was good to see both clubs fired up.

Reply #457382 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Why is the guy who edits video even on the court after a game. NBL should look at who is allowed on court post game. Beyond main coaches and players who needs to be out there, cheerleaders perhaps and media, that is all

Joey was very passive until Tatolich shoved him. The footage today shows he was telling Perth guys to walk away. Shouldn't the Perth guy have been doing that? Joey has his palms up and then his left arm is grabbed and shoved into him by the assistant coach. Then it kicks off to another level.

Ennis definitely swung at Creek or Petrie which was the most aggressive action in the whole thing by anyone.

If I am the judge Ennis gets a game, Joey gets a suspended penalty and both teams get fined for ye old bringing the game into disrepute. If it is true that Ervin started it by mouthing off he may get a caution.

Reply #457391 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

No way should Joey get away with a slap on the wrist after his actions.

Reply #457392 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Why is the guy who edits video even on the court after a game."
He's part of the coaching staff. He sits on the bench during games. Why shouldn't he be out there?

"If I am the judge Ennis gets a game, Joey gets a suspended penalty"
No way Ennis gets more than Joey. Both threw punches, Joey's connected and Joey's a coach. If one gets it worse than the other, it should be Wright.

Reply #457394 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

If that is the case what does Tatolvoch get. He was the instigator in the Cairns post game last season and now attacked Joey. Joey did nothing but calm the situation down until he was grabbed. In court that would be self defence.

Reply #457395 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Are you watching the same video? Joey shoves the guy after he was grabbed.
Ennis was trying his very best to punch someone in the head with a full swing. Joey didnt even pull his arm back to make contact

Reply #457399 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Attacked Joey? What with a feather like touch that saw Joey's frustrations at a season slipping away boil over? Wright should be able to control himself better

Reply #457401 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Perth shouldn't have idiots running around shoving people. Nothing would have happened if it wasnt for that. Perth have a very very long history of post game fracas and massive fines.

Reply #457403 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Tatolvoch...attacked Joey."
HAHAHAHAHA....no. Joey reached out for a Wildcats DP, Tatalovich put his hand on Joey's arm to stop him. Wright may merely have been offering a handshake, but Tatalovich's actions were perfectly understandable given what had just transpired. Joey's were not.

"In court that would be self defence."
Rubbish. Self-defence doesn't give you the right to beat people up as long as they touch you first. Self-defence gives you the right to defend yourself. Once there was no threat from Tatalovich, which was the case immediately after his hand was removed from Joey's arm, Joey's actions would have been considered battery. Tatalovich would have a reasonable self-defence claim, as he actually took no further action than was required to prevent unwanted contact.

Reply #457411 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Again, people are happy to blame a Wildcat for instigating yet are ignoring that Ervin started the whole friggen thing!!

Reply #457413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Recharge wouldn't have done anything because it was after the game! That pussy only takes cheap shots during the game where he is protected from the refs!
It was good to see the players and the coach have a bit of pride and stand up to those bunch of cheap shots. Hire is the biggest pansy in that team and can clearly only get his points in junk time!
I think this will be a small incident in what is to come in the future and I'll say one thing, I expect better from BJ, KILL one of those pussies big guy!!!!!!

Reply #457415 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

#415 you're a moron.

Reply #457418 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

This is hilarious!

#415 your talking about pussies.. you dont even have enough guts to put a name to your retarded post

Reply #457440 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Anon #415 please don't be offended but I believe you are gutless.

Reply #457444 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Funny now people think wildcats got a good run with umps. Adelaide 16 fouls perth 21 foul shots adelaide 19 perth 10. Stats don't lie

Reply #457486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Have a look at the photo Nick Marvin just tweeted...doesn't look good for Joey!"

Marvin is such a douche for doing that and should be fined. So it's not just the players and coaches who have embarrassed themselves with management also doing so even a member of Sixers management apologised for a comment made earlier today.

Reply #457497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats 80. No one said anything about stats. Watch it back. Mitch Creeks charge, Redhage in the circle clear as day. Ennis 4 step travel the basket and everyone cheers and commentators nothing !!!! What the... Thats taking the mickey and his step back 3 throw with an extra step !!! Commentators say look at how much space he makes... well yea, thats because he took three steps... Now you can go on and find all the issues with other calls on both sides, but come on, thats ridiculous..... there is nothing anyone can say to argue those calls were way out of line......

Reply #457517 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Ok anon let's take the show time out of the league. Did you hear mal cooper the other week, if a player has a break away dunk if they take 3 steps or 2 steps he was going to score anyway. Ok if he took 4 or 5 steps call it, he took 3 steps and referees did what they were instructed.
Anyway, sixers shooting 32% lost the game for Adelaide, those calls made no difference whatsoever.

Reply #457547 | Report this post

Plonked  
Years ago

Hi agree anon, Ennis clearly travelled I don't care if it was a spectacular dunk, he travelled. Rules are the rules.

Reply #457548 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Wildcats80..... He was defended, no excuses, a travel, should have been called, if you want show time go to the Globetrotters.... Mal said no advantage, clearly 3/4 steps was an advantage...... Ref did not do what they are instructed.... They were mesmerised and not doing their job. watch rugby, you can see them run all you like........

Reply #457550 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Yes that runaway dunk no call cost the Sixers game.

Reply #457616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no one is talking about lost the game, sixers didn't play well but a call is a call and players should not consistently be immune to calls and the be touted as best thing ever and not expect players to be frustrated. Read with your brain not your heart. Sixers fans know the score, you are missing the point....

Reply #457621 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No you're talking about a traveling call when a NBL coach threw a punch - distraction city

Reply #457637 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Let's be clear, a ref that calls a travel on a uncontested breakaway dunk would get dropped for a month. The NBL would be furious with him.

Reply #457828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your dreaming Nathan, a four step contested travel call would have a greater percentage of fans all over the country going hallelujah and smart observers and supporters of any offending team go fair call, he did travel. The the import would 't cop so much flack for taking the mickey and truely have everyones reapect for his brilliance. Even commentators are starting to raise the issue. Creds to Sam Young who seems to have read the crowds and pulled back on taking advantage of the 'keys to travel' and just play.... Nathan, it's not personal or against Perth, just in the spirit of the game and equality for all players. Could be any player from any club here or OS. Nobody thought Wade was cool for his 6 step travel a few months ago.....

Reply #457832 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Dwayne Wade was not an uncontested breakaway.

The NBL can't put a travel call on the nightly news, they can put a breakaway dunk on.

That's all its ever going to come down to. If you think otherwise, well, you're the one dreaming. The travel affected nothing and ignoring it gave the NBL something for the highlight reel. When they rejigged the ref's department this year, I have no doubt the need for highlights was discussed.

Reply #457833 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Gaze and Carfino brought this up when analysing a Petrie jump shot.

He shuffled his feat to set him self before shooting. Carfino made the point that refs don't call it.

However they also made the point that if a big guy was to get the ball in the post and do the same he would be called 90% of the time.

Reply #457834 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Looked to me like Ennis only took three steps. Definite travel, but not as severe as some are making out.

Reply #457836 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

It was a standard gather followed by 3 steps. Not 4.

People think that exaggerating will make their case look stronger.
It doesn't.
All it does is kill their credibility.

It was a travel. How about we leave it at that and discuss the merits of that instead of losing touch with reality and just making shit up.
Ditto with regards to all the imaginary things relating to the scuffle.

Reply #457844 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754