Years ago

Surely Creek starts

Reply #457269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ, BJ, Peach, Cadee, Gibbo...

Creek for BJ, Schensh for DJ
Carter for Cadee and Teys for Gibbo, rests only.....,

and give Ervin the week off to go to a day spa with Joey and work it out and relax..

Reply #457276 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Well...this game has got more interesting than Don Farrell at a Jay Weatherill BBQ for unrestricted trading in Rundle Mall.

Everyone's a bit toey at the moment, but you expect passions to be high when Perth and Adelaide play. Melbourne is another state and another story. They are hunting the Sixers and a loss today could mean a temporary drop to 3rd for the Sixers.

Goulding is obviously having a great season and is responsible for nearly 40% of their 3's. Keeping him on a short leash will be high on the priority list. Wortho. What a freak! He is an enigma and the bogeyman for the Sixers. Voted the laziest player by some, he always seems to get the board and that freaky 3 when necessary. I'm sure he was the kid at school who never really studied hard, but got the A+ every time based on talent. Lucas Walker is back and will no doubt be looking for an alley pop to regain any possible loss of confidence.

Adelaide need to chillax and focus on getting their winning swagger back. Defence and shooting. If there was one positive against Perth, I was pleased by 18/19 FT's.

This will be a tough game for the Sixers. Melbourne are a fresh as a Yarra Valley morning in June whereas Adelaide have already played this round. It will be a tough ask for them to crack a win against the Tiggers. I think the fresh legs of the Tiggers as well as a little trash talking might just get the Tiggers over the line.

Reply #457298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see a starting line up of

Cadee or Carter
Gibson
Creek
Petrie
Johnson

Not fussed who starts out of Cadee or Carter, id lean slightly towards Carter to play some d, but either way would bring Ervin in as a spark plug off the bench, he is obviously not in top form, likely due to his injury, so give him less minutes, let him recover a bit more and make him play well off the bench and earn his starting spot back. I am a Ervin fan, but no point giving him huge minutes if we have a deep team with guys like Cadee or Carter capable of stepping up a bit.

Creek, give this guy the starting spot and minutes or i reckon we really risk losing him, which i dont wanna do. I reckon this will be the last season Creek comes off the bench anywhere, if the 36ers dont give him a starting gig, im sure other teams will and who could blame him for taking a bigger role, so please 36ers, keep Creek, give him the minutes he deserves, as he is one of the only shining lights from the Clarke era, lets not waste it. Let alone he is clearly one of the best talents and most exciting talents in the league and one i want to keep seeing as a 36er!!

Reply #457326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And please do not play Teys more than 5 mins, if at all, nothing against the guy, but he is our 10th man for a reason and our best players should play the bulk of the minutes, and i think Teys is the last who should be used of our deep guard rotation and do see the Teys at sf being all that successful would rather Creek, Petrie, Gibbo, Carter play SF than Teys.

Reply #457327 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I would go with
Cadee
Gibson
Creek
Petrie
Johnson

Creek should be starting.
Agree with jack toft the fresh legs and homecourt advantage should see Melbourne get the win

Reply #457330 | Report this post

crusty  
Years ago

Crusty says: Joey wright will win in round 7, technical knockout!

Reply #457409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I highly doubt Wortho got As in school

Reply #457472 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Hope every team smash u guyz! And u miss the top 4!! Grow up and stop giving shit to wa! Not our fault u have shit team!! And cry like bitches when u lose and no class at all. Never read supporters other than u ppl here talk and disrespect a team and supporter as much as i have see this wkend

Reply #457610 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Melb at home should win

Reply #457611 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Teys starting again

Reply #457622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Ervins finally decided to show up. Good game so far!

Reply #457628 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Starting 5 is Ervin / Gibson / Teys / Peach / DJ.

Good start so far, but we still need to stop teams hitting 3's. Melbourne have continued the trend and have hit a couple so far.

BJ went over on his ankle in warm ups. Will he get much, if any game time?

Andrew Gaze in commentary has made a good point about Friday nights melee. A few warnings to both teams and move on with life.

What is it with Carfino and every time someone moves its a "Euro step"?

Reply #457629 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Big first half by Ervin.

Can't believe Teys starts.

Reply #457641 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Holden V8, i too am sick of Carfinos 'euro-step' reference. What the hell is that!?

if its something common in europe, then so be it... its obviously common here too, cos Carfino says it about 5 times every game!

Liked Gazes rant about the techno music being too loud and too constant. I really hope a revolution is made in the off season to fix the music at games. Its becoming a real issue thats hurting the sport more than helping it.

Reply #457642 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No music during game time thanks. Play music at timeouts, in between querters, but not during game-play!

Reply #457643 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Credit to the sixers in beating a good melb team on the road

Reply #457645 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Not going to spoil the outcome for anyone as the game on Ten isn't finished yet.

All I'll say is that its a good size crowd, especially after Melbourne got hammered by Perth last time out.

Reply #457646 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I do apologize for giving away result

Reply #457647 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"if its something common in europe, then so be it... its obviously common here too, cos Carfino says it about 5 times every game!"
AFAIK it started in Europe, and was brought to the US by guys like Ginobili and Parker, thus the name, and spread from there. It's a specific move, though, whereas Carfino calls basically everything a Euro Step whether it is one or not.

Reply #457648 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

One tough task completed !

This game was the Tiggers to lose. They held all the aces and it was great to see the Sixers get up.

Melbourne needed to win that one. Their run home:

@Perth (L)
v Crocs (Should W)
@Breakers (L)
v Kings (Sun) (50:50, but W?)
@Cairns (50:50, but L?)
@Sixers (L)

They could finish 14:14 and with the Breakers and Hawks full steam ahead, they might be throwing everything at the Sixers in that last game

Reply #457649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Johnson 4/5 threes. Sixers as a team were 10/22.

Reply #457650 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When was the last time the Sixers shot the 3 like that?

Reply #457653 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

This one further proves that you're wasting your time in predicting anything this season.

I guess the reason we thought Melbourne were serious contenders was because they went on a what, 5/6 game win streak. But think about it, every team has done something like that this season. The reason was just that Melbourne have a fantastic roster so we thought they were 'on track'.

But I don't buy it. I think they lack the ability to consistently put it in the hole. They run a lot of half court stuff, so I think they need more scoring at the point guard position. Once teams shut them down in the half court, they have to put it in the hands of someone and I don't think that's sustainable. Wortho is a shadow of his former self too.

Good bounce back from Adelaide, great result.

Reply #457655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A very impressive response from the 36ers after the last two debacles. We keep 2nd spot on the ladder and a great game from GE Money too.

Well done.

Reply #457657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good Tigers? Todays game just shows the disparity between teams.
Sixers got flogged the other night and Tigers again flogged. No idea what the bookies were thinking when they made the Tigers favourites. Thanks for the donation Centrebet.

Reply #457661 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

DJ also ended up with 4 blocks. Is that his career best?

24 points, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks and 2 assists. Melbourne seem to have helped him back into form after two quiet games.

We definitely needed that one to get back on track. Now we lead the series with Melbourne 2-1 and have a 6 point lead.

Reply #457662 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

This result told us more about melbourne's mediocrity and their dependance on goulding shooting well

Reply #457663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke Schenscher scores 10 points in 9 minutes, Teys played 10 minutes. Something is wrong here, coaches in this country seem scraed to play big men, its almost a please explain from Joey why he would bench someone who is providing offense in such a short amount of playing time.

Anyways always something happening with this team that doesnt make sense, but great win, solid character building stuff.

Reply #457665 | Report this post

Go sixers  
Years ago

Good to see sixers show sine class unlike Greg hire and the wildcats. Could have easily jacked up a shot late in the 4th but didn't. That's what I call class.

Reply #457666 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Schenscer will bigger minutes in finals.

Reply #457667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has a points spread in head to heads, so its not a lack of class, its being smart, and no im not a Cats fan, 36er season ticket holder.

Reply #457669 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yep. Teams that run the clock out in the NBL, unless they've won three, bother me. Shane Heal seems to be the only one who routinely plays for margin once the result is beyond doubt. He was the only one to try fouling in order to win a quarter at the blitz, too.

Reply #457670 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Go-Sixers....Ervin did the same against the Wildcats when they were comfortably ahead.

Why the double standards?

Reply #457675 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Look at the last game in Adelaide Go Sixers. Ervin shot the ball with Adelaide up by 5 and 1 second to go. Don't remember anyone from the wildcats getting upset and starting a push and shove. By your definition, Ervin has no class? Or is he just a bad loser hypocrite?

Reply #457676 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Perth now have a +22 lead on sixers if in return game if Adelaide are up by 21 in dying seconds why not go for the margin? I don't see the problem with Hire taking final shot.

Reply #457680 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Great win away,now 3 straight home games ahead should win these,and then face Perth at home with a FULL house and beat the shit out of ennis.

Last fridays mallee has possibly made Sixers play good Defence if they can do that they will play better leading up to finals.

Great win ,credit goes to Ervin and Joey too.Great player in Sixers team doesnt need to be critised by hoop haters and Joey exceptional coach ,the best we have had for about 10 years.

Reply #457681 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

For all the 'Joey is a shit coach' and '36ers are a shit team and not going to win a championship', they've actually been by far the most consistent team all season.

Reply #457682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Sixers - we're not counting Creek's 3pt attempt from the corner with about 10 s left?

Holden - re Johnson. Sixers clearly used Johnson shooting from 3 as a tactic. It was their first play of the game and he hit that first shot. They used it repeatedly throughout (usually with Ervin passing to Johnson). The second or third shot was the same play for a 2. After his first couple, he then started putting it on the floor as the defenders had to close on him out there. I think they wanted to get Morrison out of the key to open it up for the penetration - by guards and by Johnson himself. It worked really well throughout the game. I bet Anstey appreciated the irony as Johnson was playing the same game style as Anstey in his NBL prime.

Ervin played a cracker, as did Gibson - great defensive job for first 3 quarters and used his licence to shoot (beautifully) in the last. Petrie also was very good - especially establishing the lead in the first half. Schenscher did okay when he was on.

Well done Sixers - very good turnaround from the last 2 weeks. A better game plan, well executed and with real defensive intensity. They did well to get themselves back on the same page after the past week and especially friday night. They could easily have imploded today but didn't. It gives me a lot of confidence in their character as a team for the rest of this season.

Reply #457683 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I feel kinda bad for the Tigers that their play has gone so badly downhill since moving to Hisense Arena. Far from ideal for the many casual fans of theirs.

Reply #457685 | Report this post

TigersMember  
Years ago

I was at the game today. We had some good seats only 3 rows from the floor so I certainly had a good view of the action.

Firstly, what an insipid performance from the Tigers! I certainly credit the 36ers for a well balanced performance, particularly from the perimeter and defensively... but what excuses did the Tigers have?
Injuries? Well Walker is still out but they should be able to cover his absence. Fatigue from travelling? Nope... not that either. They haven't played in 2 weeks since getting spanked at home against… wait for it… Perth.
Was not playing for two weeks an excuse??? Sorry, I don't accept that as one.
The reality is, there were no excuses...

Adelaide certainly had plenty of excuses they could rely on. The fatigue from getting spanked by Perth (in Perth) on Friday night, the long trip over to Melbourne straight after, the distraction of the Friday night fights (isn't that an ESPN program?) and the likely suspension of their coach.
But what did they do? They certainly didn't make excuses…
They played some inspired & intense basketball.
Melbourne on the other hand rolled over like a bunch of soft co*ks.

The Tigers of late have really lacked direction and consequently have looked disorganised offensively. But the thing about today's performance that really irked me was their lack of heart. They showed next to no intensity defensively and really disappointed a quite solid crowd that was there to support them.

I'm now convinced they are poorly coached. Anstey was a solid player in his day but his experience as a head coach is beginning to show, especially now that Bubbles has cooled down. They don't look prepared when they start games and continue to have no answers when the better teams adjust like in the middle of the 3rd quarter today (they made a run, Joey Wright called a time out and bang… it was back to a double digit lead again).

I think its time to look for a new coach Michael and Larry!

Reply #457691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously Hisense is the reason.

Reply #457697 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Why didn't tigers play Ballinger?????

Reply #457698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love a mallee

Reply #457699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anstey, like Heal, is being exposed now toward the business end of the season. They had a winning streak early that inflated their record while Goulding was in beast mode.

Reply #457715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statsheet stuffer

See how we go and see you bragging it shows you are not an Adelaide fan.

Reply #457736 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Observer...at least spell Meylay correctly please.

Disclaimer : Yes...I know how to spell Maelay.

Reply #457742 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Not in my writing got wrong person camby

Reply #457747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stick to posting on OzHo's DD.

Reply #457755 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

how dare they make a spelling mistake. on a brighter note who gave themselves a good stroke after todays game :)

Reply #457757 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

You got me, anon. I'm not an Adelaide fan. GUILTY!

Reply #457760 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good win by the 36ers yesterday. I have to admit after Friday night's game I was worried about this one.

With all the talk that Joey had lost the players after cutting Friar Tuck, I think his show of passion after the game on Friday has got them back.

Reply #457791 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I'm so happy the Cats helped let the steam off the pressure cooker for the Sixers, Ervin stopped his nonsense, drove and passed out when he hit the wall. Played smart and played for the team... What a difference..... Must of been one heck of a plane trip from West to East but Joey and Ervin must have been loving it up, all is forgiven........Everyone went Aah and now back on task.... Great use of DJ against the Tigers, selfless team work, thats admirable... Did anyone notice how clean the game was ? Me thinks teams, coaches and refs had a pretty serious directive from the big boys and thanks Anstey for not using Ballinger and McMillan enough..... Done

Reply #457796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Perry will be coaching the Tigers next. He's the best and most logical choice

Reply #457797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Darren perry is the next coach I won't be supporting the tigers. Bring back al westover.

Reply #457805 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

Haters ...Darren P would be phenomenal.. and for everyone like you that wouldn't support ..there are 10 more that will. Just like Teebow all he does is win. And everyone loves a winner.

Reply #457814 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

How is DP the best and most logical?

Reply #457840 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

36ers pretty good after 2 bad ones.
(Probably rather J.Frye for 10mins than B.Teys and a little less than 58 freethrows.)

Reply #457845 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Statsheet Stuffer,

Well there's a stunning revelation.

Reply #457851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We wont mention DP's loos to the Bandits then will we ;) Almost always a winner.

Reply #457857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree he's a great choice.He's been at dandeong for 3 years. In his first year made the finals. Second he took his team to the grand final..and in his third won it.. I would say thats pretty good success..He is a very good coach. Players love him and his ability to get the most out of his athletes and team is indisputable. Whether he's winning U14 nationals or winning seabl championships his team's have success. By the way anonymous how many seabl finals have you gotten to? For a coach to transition a program in one year to making the grand final the next two is a reasonable accomplishment and one with a marginal idea about coaching can attest to that.

Reply #457868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sue mate. I reckon last time I counted it was at least one than you.

Reply #457879 | Report this post

michael  
Years ago

Mine was two years ago....

Reply #457926 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I know! Just woke up the other morning and said 'Taipans it is'. Anon exposed me for the fraud I really am.

Reply #457946 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

So Anon DP is your best choice, so how is it logical again?

Reply #458014 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754