+ -
Years ago

Adelaide Shootout 3 point comp

After watching the 3 point comp with the boys yesterday we got talking about who would win as we all think we're the best shooter in our group. We regularly shoot 25 from the arc at the gym, the best I've hit was 17/25. One of the boys hit 20/25 just before Christmas which is pretty decent. There has to be heaps of guys like us that are confident shooters that would love a crack.

What I was thinking was setting up an annual comp either at the Dome or a local stadium with an entry fee of $50 and after the fees for the stadium are payed the rest of the money would go to 1st 2nd and 3rd place. Could even have age groups.

Question is would you enter? Is $50 too much?
I would gladly pay $50 entry fee for the "Adelaide Shootout"

Thoughts??

Topic #33730 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

Asking far too much champ, maybe half that or even a bit less!

Also, why not promote a charity and share the money with a local organisation, not just the participant winners...

Maybe this will help you advertise and get more in the door, just some ideas, good luck with it.

Reply #457854 | Report this post

+ -  
Years ago

Yeah I thought that as well. Donating to a charity, even trying to get the 36ers involved. Organizing this would for free at my end, I only thought $50 entry as there is cost of promotion and stadium hire plus 25 balls and 5 racks.

Just thought if someone was running something like this I know if 10 people who would enter for sure.

Reply #457855 | Report this post

black cat  
Years ago

Great Idea, keep fee down, so kids can enter, some parents may have 2 or 3 that want to enter and year groups would be good eg: 1999, 2000, 2001 etc.also ask the 36ers to host the finals during 1/2 time entertainment.

Reply #457962 | Report this post

+ -  
Years ago

Cheers for the input. I thought this thread would get a few more replies. Are all the Hoops posters fans who don't actually play??

I like the idea of half time at the 36ers having the finals.
I'm thinking of having a girls/boys under 16s and an open men's/women's format.
All proceeds after prize money going to a local charity.

Would've liked a few more replies to gage interest and see if it's actually gonna work.

Reply #458027 | Report this post

Alabama Slamma  
Years ago

I'd be keen if there was a nice fat cheque for the winner. How much would 1st place get?
$1,000?
$2,000?

If it was done right with the 36ers involved, it could be something people want to try and win every year.
Would it be open to ABA players?
What's the rules with 36er players? ( I'd love to go up against Gibbo )
The average scrub isn't 6"5 and quick so this could be popular with players that like to dream of shooting hoops with the pros.

I'm in!

Reply #458237 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754