Tyrell
Years ago

Heritage Round Uniforms

Where are the jerseys for this round? AND why are they not on the NBL website?

Topic #33760 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

AND1 more thing, why do they all have to be the same boring cut? The shape of them instantly kills their heritage-ness.

Reply #458554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville have the white with blue pinstripes road jersey from 98/99 - 1st year of the Crocs.

They have sold out of #21 Rose & #14 Davidson - also selling current players and #42 Kerle

https://shopdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=Product&ProductID=41410&OrgID=2105

Reply #458560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen the Sixers, Cats, Crocs, Taipans & Hawks jerseys.

Hawks 1979 - looks good
Wildcats 1994 - looks crap
Sixers 1998-99 - looks good
Crocs 1998-99 - looks good
Taipans 1999-00 - looks good

No idea on Tigers, Kings & Breakers. Pathetic social media by these three, no mention anywhere.

Reply #458597 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Not sure why the Cats picked their 1994 jersey. 94 was a bit of an underachieving year for them. Finished 6th and got swept by SEM Magic in the QF's, when they were originally favourites to win it all.

I could be wrong, but I think they only used that jersey in 94, though it was very similar to 93 and earlier. I believe they scrapped the white jersey after 93 and went black and gold permanently for 94.

Still, its from a high profile era, so its quite a "famous" jersey I suppose!

Reply #458603 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The biggest problem with the 1992-94 jerseys is the inability to put the Swan Gold logo on them, which was the main part of the jersey. They would've been far better off going with literally any other jersey they've ever worn.

Reply #458621 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I know what you're saying. The Swan Gold logo was a very significant part of the jersey. Probably the reason why they went black and gold in the first place. As its only a replica to honour the history of the club, it probably doesn't need to be exactly identical, sponsors and all, for a one off game.

Only the fussiest of fans will pick up on things like that anyway. The intent is still there.

Interesting to mention - Even though the 94 season was a bit of a non-event, one of the Cats more memorable games was against the Tigers at the PEC. Melbourne went into that game on top of the ladder, while Perth were 6th or 7th just after the all star break. Perth caused a bit of a boilover by beating Melbourne by 23 points in a grand final revenge match which not many would have expected. Matt Earp topped off a great win with a full court shot on the buzzer (guess they were playing right to the end back then too ;)

Cats play the Tigers this week, looking for revenge from a 1 point loss to them at home last time they played and while wearing the 94 uni's. Hows that for interesting!! Well, maybe to old time Cats fans it is :)

Reply #458628 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"As its only a replica to honour the history of the club, it probably doesn't need to be exactly identical, sponsors and all, for a one off game."
No, but it's not like they're using the 1995 jerseys without the Coke logo on them or something. The Swan Gold logo was the main part of the jersey, and removing it leaves them really empty. It's the emptiness that's the issue, rather than the lack of authentic sponsor logos.

Reply #458635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers one looks great especially with Pura Milk back on it

Reply #458642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats one is pathetic. Why choose 1994 which was a meh season and the jersey was nothing special either. Also not having Swan Gold on these jerseys but alcoholthinkagain (lol are they for real?) makes them look even stupider for those Cats fans who know their history. Really poor. Should have done a '95 jersey honouring the championship and asked Coke to sponsor it for the one game. Last season the retro was '82 the founding year which made sense, really should have gone with '95 now since the league prohibits alcohol sponsorship and Swan wouldn't sponsor it anyway since it is a shell of its former self company wise. 1994 - quite puzzling.

Reply #458686 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Should have done a '95 jersey honouring the championship and asked Coke to sponsor it for the one game."
Will never happen. The Wildcats refuse to be sponsored by fast food or soft drink companies.

Last year they went with a 30-year-old uniform, this year it's 20 years old. Presumably next season they'll be in the 2005 jersey.

Reply #458697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers used the same 95 jerseys as last season from the looks of it which is understandable as they played away.

Only club with no heritage jersey is Sydney and they had two games worth of opportunity. Cheapskates.

Breakers none on Friday but perhaps will tomorrow against Sixers.

All the heritage jerseys looked good except the Cats one was poor.

Reply #459126 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Tigers used the same 95 jerseys as last season from the looks of it"
It's from two years ago (and earlier this year), not last year. They wore 1997 jerseys last year.

"Only club with no heritage jersey is Sydney"
They're wearing them in the Townsville game. What are you talking about?

The Breakers don't have one at all.

Reply #459134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I keep hearing negativity about the Wildcats jersey but lets be serious here people, the problem with this jersey is they tried selling it for $130 instead of taking a beer company and replacing it with the Healthway message and paying us to wear it!

Next season should be 1995 Coke Jersey for Perth and hopefully it looks good otherwise it won't be purchased by me. Hopefully And1 piss off and leave jerseys to a brand with imagination and we have a sleeker look.

Also what's with the shorts... Garry Wilkinson and Adam Ballinger run around with more material than it takes to make a tent!

Reply #459166 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Next season should be 1995 Coke Jersey for Perth and hopefully it looks good"
I doubt they can make the 1995 jersey look good without getting Coke back, which they won't do. I'd rather see them wear the 1999 jersey, which doesn't have the giant red area on the shoulder that'll have nothing in it without the Coke logo.

Reply #459172 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sorry to all the Wildcats fans, but they team looked like they were wearing nappies, playing in that garb!

Reply #459323 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754