Happy Days
Years ago

Corin Henry V Jesse Sanders, Who would you choose?

If you were the Kings right now, who would be your preference to run the point with the players they currently have heading into the playoffs?

Topic #33805 | Report this topic

The Situation  
Years ago

Carmouche is a better player but Sanders is a better point guard, so Sanders.

Reply #459351 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Corin Henry could run the point for 6 games & then would not qualify for the playoffs. Great idea!

Reply #459352 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Sanders...

Great Passer, excellent rebounder for his position, a fantastic on ball defender(much like D.Martin), and a leader. Henry seemed purely a jump shooter and scorer, for which he pips Sanders in that category, but didnt really contribute too many other stats.

Reply #459354 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Corin Henry 13.2 ppg 3.9 reb 2.9 ast 1.1 stl
Jesse Sanders 9.0 ppg 4.9 reb 3.4 ast 1.7 stl

Reply #459355 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Sanders only played 7 games, so his stats would probably look better if he never left.

Reply #459357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sanders as Sydney need passing not scoring

Reply #459365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sanders is AMAZING! Said no one who knows about basketball ever.... get off his nuts seriously, just another weak import that came through and got dumped.

Reply #459366 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Whoops, I didn't even read the title properly.

Reply #459384 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Remember this is a hypothetical question.

Reply #459385 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

"Sanders is AMAZING! Said no one who knows about basketball ever.... get off his nuts seriously, just another weak import that came through and got dumped."

Change your tampon, sook!

Reply #459387 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Probably the the same stupid anon who makes dumb comments on Mills threads. I would take Sanders over Henry. Syd, melb and hawks all fighting for 2 spots

Reply #459392 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Pointless discussion in regards to this season as like has been said above, no point getting someone that wouldn't qualify for playoffs if they were reached...

Corin was another fan favourite and started off being a fairly decent facilitator but got over that fairly quickly and I found more frustrating than anything when he'd take it on his shoulders and fail... He got posted up by larger guards it wasn't funny and even though he was a regular speedy gonzales and great to watch on the fast break, but his downsides were too many... I'd take Jesse over him for this team no doubt...

Reply #459421 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

Sanders he looks like he wants to win every possesion
all hussle and makes the team better

Reply #459458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rick, say what you will, but ive been following the NBL for years, and for so much hype over a truly mediocre import, im getting sick of it. If the Kings had enough games up their sleeve to bring in a new face, no way they would be bringing this guy back. Good not great, the hype on him should reflect that. Ahhh tampon now changed rick, you douche.

Reply #459465 | Report this post

Rick  
Years ago

Are you trolling, or just simple?

Reply #459492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trolling because I dont agree with your analysis of a player, not at all, just dont think much of him.

Reply #459501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Sydney had a few issues defining roles for each player but I reckon that should be all sorted out and yes Ben Allen realises he does his best work at training and away from his haters... Now throw in Jesse and he should really make them all the more tougher and if they don't make playoffs this season or get swept in first round then I don't think Sanders will be heard of again.

To answer your question, i look at Henry like a Spud Webb, Earl Boykins, Nate Robinson type in that no matter how great they may play a game they will always look mismatched and if they aren't facilitating the ball and making team mates better then the opinion of him always will be of one that disadvantages his team.

Sanders on the other hand has poise, can defend, facilitates quite well (always want more assists from point guards) and shows leadership and I think I'd rather Sanders over Corin.

Good question

Reply #459533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #459544 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Anon #544, that's the most sense an anon poster has made here :)

Reply #459548 | Report this post

JW21  
Years ago

Henry is more talented and a lot more fun to watch. I was surprised to not see him back, especially since he was a crowd favourite.
Sanders comes across as a good guy, not very talented but a hard worker. Very robotic. I wasn't overly impressed with him first go around but at least he is a proper point guard.
If I had to pick out of the two, it would be Henry, he has more ability. Plain and simple.
Is Sanders the first ever NBL player sacked and then resigned by the same team in the same season?
In any pro sport?

Reply #459553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754