Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Referees

Anyone know where you can get the information as to the referee assignments for the NBL games?

Thanks

Topic #33858 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appointments are not released to the public

Reply #460438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really, anyone know why?

Reply #460474 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Also, how much do NBL refs get paid?

Reply #460535 | Report this post

yolor  
Years ago

how much do you get paid in your job?
it's not an appropriate question to ask anyone

Reply #460628 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

A ballpark figure would be nice. I mean, if they get paid nothing, then I'm more inclined to forgive some of the more glaring errors they've made this season. And lets face it, there's a lot to choose from.

I'd also love to see a breakdown of who's reffing where and when (this doesn't need to be released prior to games), and see what sort of exposure some refs are getting, and where the bigger errors are being made.

I don't think the bad reffing this season is ruining outcomes of games, but it is definitely affecting the quality of the game as a spectator.

Reply #460880 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

"I don't think the bad reffing this season is ruining outcomes of games, but it is definitely affecting the quality of the game as a spectator."

As a spectator, I agree. There's nothing more I hate than seeing the refs give a cheap foul to Ogilvy or Vukona in the first 90 seconds of the game.

Reply #460915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which refs are assigned to games should be released a day prior to the beginning of the round. Fishy that this isn't made public.

At least on the FIBA boxscores last season you could see who reffed which used to never be published so the few televised games before NBL.TV you had to note down who officiated and ask ppl on forums about the non-TV games. This season back to NBL boxscores and it is hidden again so back to viewing the footage. Hmmm.

Some interesting patterns observed once you plug in results and ref appointment correlations in a spreadsheet.

Reply #460995 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754