cheezeburger
Years ago

Quotes from Mavin Williams after workout

Quotes from Williams after his workout with the Atlanta Hawks:

(On what he is out to prove in his workouts)
"Everything. I am going to try to work on every aspect of my game. I am young, so I need to learn as much as I can. I'm just trying to get bigger, faster, and stronger."

(On what he thinks of the Hawks)
"I would like to play here, it would be nice. There are some young guys here like myself, like Josh Smith who is the same age as me, so it would be nice to get to play with a classmate."

(On Dominique Wilkins)
"It's fun to see him. I grew up watching him, I remember seeing him in the dunk contest against Michael Jordan, we watched that sometimes back in Chapel Hill. Obviously, he was a great player."

(On being projected as a top pick even though he didn't start in college)
"Well, I played on a National Championship team. Sean May played in front of me, and he was the MVP of the Final Four. Jawad Williams played in front of me, and he was the team captain and a senior. With those guys ahead of me I had to just sit back and learn, and I was fortunate enough to get to do that, it was a big help to me. I wanted to win, and we all had to make sacrifices to make that happen, and that's what we did."

(On why he worked out for the Hawks)
"I approached it like I want to be here, and hopefully they want me to be here as well."

(On what the biggest challenge will be in the NBA)
"Probably the lifestyle. There are so many games, and they are so close together, it will be a definite adjustment."

(On if he has already talked to NBA vets about the league)
"Yeah, I've been talking to a bunch of guys. I talk to (the Clippers') Shaun Livingston a lot. We talked a lot during the season, so he is someone I know I can lean on to find out how the league works."

Topic #3386 | Report this topic

Satish Dogra  
Years ago

Quotes from Manute Bol after he read the above post about Marvin Williams:

(on using broadband)
"It costs me an arm and a leg to get broadband hooked up here in Sudan and I use it to read that?"

(on the art of using lots of words to say nothing at all)
"It's a real challenge, but, you know, eventually if you keep adding the words and they eventually form sentences, and sometimes you might even make be lucky and string a few paragraphs together, then you're on the right track and I think that's really important."

(on why Cheezeburger's post was so unexciting)
"What was the point? Who cares? Do I look interested that he's mates with a no-name from the Clippers? I liked the Bogut interview post better, because he used the word 'trapezoid' on more than occasion."

Thanks to Manute for agreeing to share his comments.

Reply #39002 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, at least your loyal to your lame Hawks, not one mention of Bogut in your post. Does this mean that reality has set in and you have realised that Bogut is going to the Bucks.

Oh, here's some info for you. Marvin may not actually go number 2. Hawks management have changed their mind a little bit recently. During another interview Williams stated he has NEVER seen a playoff game as the doesn't care for them. WTF!!! Never seen a playoff game... Somehow, they are now questioning his commitment etc etc.

Don't be surprised if Deron Williams or Chris Paul is taken with the 2nd pick...

Reply #39151 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well if we are not taking mavin at pick 2 we should trade the pick.and pick up deron or paul at pick 5 with a player or something.

Reply #39192 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

satish dig a hole.'who cares' you say.well many people of a-town would care about who they will pick up.you sound like a dallas fan satish.

Reply #39194 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, no way are my Cats going to give up two lottery picks, not two days out of the draft, and with so many holes to fill. What I do think is that no teams will switch position, but may draft for other teams and then do some trades.

I still think the Hawks will take Marvin (questions will be asked if they don't), but it won't surprise me if they fill a desperate need at the PG and select with Deron or Paul. Don't be shocked. If this happens it f*(ks up the draft for New Orleans and the Cats.

Reply #39203 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

well i would be happy with marvin or deron williams.paul is a short and risky.but deron is nba ready and a top all round player.marvin is a future superstar.

Reply #39205 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

TR,do know where gerald green will end up?lakers maybe?

Reply #39206 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754