Jason lee
Years ago

NBL Media awards 2014

Does anyone know if the NBL will be holding the media awards this year? Basketball Australia has already held its WNBL media awards for 2014....but it didn't cover the NBL as it no longer falls under BA.

Hoping the NBL does....it needs all the media attention in can get and celebrating the journalists covering the league will only be a good thing.

Topic #33866 | Report this topic

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Michael Di Fabrizio! Would he qualify for an award? Hes from theroar.com.au

Apart from Boti I cant think of any journalist or media person thats really done much for the nbl on the media front that sets apart from the rest.

Reply #460569 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It ticks me off how opinion writing is seen as journalism. Totally different to what the fourth estate actually is meant to be. In saying that, getting your opinion out there is awesome and having the tag of 'journalist' builds instant credibility for those wishing to express opinion.

Reply #460574 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Agree Statsheet Stuffer!

There's a bunch out there, but it's the same every year.
Keebs from Illawarra Mercury
Roy Way from The Age
Murray Wenzel from Cairns Post

Reply #460575 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Roy Ward?

Nat, do they recognise online bloggers in any media awards?

What about twitter beefs?? ;-)

Reply #460590 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Haha yes Roy Ward!

They don't unfortunately.. But that's OK, like last year we'll have our own with plenty of east coast bias ;)

Reply #460630 | Report this post

Michael D  
Years ago

Chuffed to get a mention Wildcat Fan but I'm with the others, I categorise most of the work I do right now as blogging rather than journalism. Thanks for the support though!

To Jason - The NBL media awards should be announced with all the other awards at the MVP dinner.

Reply #460762 | Report this post

Adrian  
Years ago

the guys over at the Pick and Roll have done some great work this year.

Reply #460806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pick and Roll has been excellent.

Reply #460954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BA/WNBL blew its load too early. NBL will award at the end of the regular season as they should be.

Reply #460988 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:18 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754