anon
Years ago

CABL pre season tournament

any player or coach rumours or last minute moves?
movers and shakers?

Topic #33867 | Report this topic

tigerland04  
Years ago

I'm all for Southern but what an embarrasment treating an X player like that.

Leigh Scott and his team are a disgrace and an embarrasment to the club/league.
Not ABL standard Leigh or his senior players.

Disgusting. Childish.

I am embarrased to be a Tiger today

Reply #460581 | Report this post

Tigerland04  
Years ago

southern/ west women

From what I saw tigers would applaud the x players mistakes with laughter, clapping and going on
Not only to mention the players BUT the coach did as well

all i'm going to say is this is ABL not a playground

thank god for rashad.

Reply #460583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Post removed at the request of Leigh Scott.)

Reply #460589 | Report this post

Proud Tiger  
Years ago

Tigeland04 I applaud you and I am in total agreement I too am a proud Southen Tiger but let's not forget he carried on in the same manner last year towards X players yet our commitee saw fit to reappoint him, he is a total disgrace to our club and continues to make us a joke in the eyes of the other clubs and BASA, sadly he is leading our women's team down the same path and encouraging them to behave in the same manner as we saw today during the West game it's time for our committee to take action and get rid of him before he causes any more damage to our club's reputation!

Reply #460597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saw him doing the same clapping and laughing when another ex player was decked in Woodville game!

Reply #460598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're so proud to be a Tiger, why bring your clubs name, and individuals within, into disrepute even further on an anonymous forum? Bring it up at your next committee meeting...!

Reply #460601 | Report this post

Anonymous.  
Years ago

its been brought up in commity meetings and nothing has been done. trying to be proud of my club but hearing our coaches name around the league is leading to a bad rep. sick of hearing about him in negative ways throughout every team in this league.
sad and sucks.

Reply #460602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you're on the committee then?

Reply #460604 | Report this post

Tigerland04  
Years ago

stana and we all know why she left...
ever since he came they lose good players

he needs to come to a stop so my club/ our club has an upbeat future.

always a proud tiger... but let him walk

Reply #460607 | Report this post

Latern  
Years ago

oh.. does he even relize nobody likes him? just pull out.. probably the most talked about. . .

Reply #460608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leigh is the worst ABL coach Ever

Reply #460610 | Report this post

ludacris  
Years ago

Tigerland 100%. It is unfortunate it's your club.
If he was smart with some what basketball IQ and didn't lose all the talent they had in the first place he would've had a damn good team and success.
i feel sorry for the import....................

Reply #460611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Results/ Standings from the CABL Tournament

Reply #460613 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

NBN just arrived in Morphett Vale?

Reply #460616 | Report this post

I'll have an entree-sized IP address check,
a main complaint to the Tigers Committee,
and if true, some embarrassing pie w cream for dessert.
Cheers.

Reply #460617 | Report this post

Southern.  
Years ago

I didn't know that stana left, me and my daughter enjoyed watching her play.
it's a shame. I will be supporting her when west come to play here.

Reply #460619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just curious did anyone win the tournaments?

Reply #460625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is not really about the tournament it's a bash the coach of southern thread because my daughter wasn't given a game and I expected it to happens as my partner is on the committee

Reply #460626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone tell me why Mildura was at our tournament, rumor last season that they are trying to play in our league next season, I dont think they would be good enough.

Reply #460627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mildura would win CABL. Simple.

Reply #460632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha !!!!!!! Mildura - you obviously didn't see them play on the weekend !!

Reply #460633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With over half their guys at a wedding I wouldnt look into how they were on the weekend too much!

Reply #460634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Many many posts coming from very few IPs in this thread.

Reply #460636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What, Southern bashing their own coaches in an anon name on Hoops? And all coming from a few IP's? I don't believe it.

Reply #460640 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Looks like Norwood won the Womens and Woodville the mens. That's if there was anything to win in the mens as they didn't have finals but Woodville finished at the top of the ladder.

Reply #460651 | Report this post

:(  
Years ago

I would think this is so funny if it wasn't so sad!
Fancy adults I presume, saying they are supporters of the club but come on here and trash talk it, and yes bagging one person is bagging your entire club because its the way you go about it that makes everyone look bad, so have a think about that and have a good hard long look at yourself and what your real reasons are for doing this!!!
As far as players laughing at ex team mates when making a mistake so what! Isn't sledging an Australian tradition, wether you like it or not!
Time for people to toughen up and accept things and or move on
Gee my team laugh at there own team mates for missing layups and have bets on how many foul shots we are going to make or miss and wow if you shoot an air ball do you cop it!
Its lucky you don't go to the football imagine how upset you would be when an ex team mate grabs the ball and the whole stadium erupts into a chorus of Boos
I like this Leigh Scott guy if anything it sounds like he has bought some interest to the game and a bit of passion, also with all these explayers running around the place it could make for some entertaining games played with heart, passion and toughness
So to all the knockers , yes you are entitled to an opinion, but don't trash your own club on here, get a life and move on!
Oh and by the way if your not happy there and you have a genuine love of the cat family there is another club or 2 just down the road with feline mascots that may take you and your baggage on!

Reply #460659 | Report this post

Years ago

Oops! so what were the final team placing's for the women and the men?
Does anyone know

Reply #460660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is deplorable about the way Leigh and the Tigers ABA treated Stana is she coaches their Under 18 Division 1 team and puts in the effort to make them better players and this is how they treat her.

Some of the girls jeering her yesterday actually play for her in the 18's.

Reply #460673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't get to the weekends games but have seen the southern coach and bench behave like this at under 23 games, it is neither sportsman like or in the spirit of the game. Good hard competition is one thing mind games are part of that, but denigrating individuals should never be.

Reply #460680 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

He doesn't only do this to ex Southern players, he does it to players that have never played for Southern as well.

Reply #460682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And you Re feeding is ego by even discussing his carry on at the end of the day. He'd be loving that he is being discussed on Hoops!

Reply #460700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was at the games all weekend, all games played in good spirits and all coaches and players behaved themselves

Reply #460710 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Heard there were issues at the U10girls Tigers game Sat too.... So is that not a problem...... Don't look out, look in and sort out the issue. Come on Tigers Committee.. For the good of the game and the club....

Reply #460720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened at the U10 game Sat anon?

Reply #460726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know Leigh at all. However, some of the nasty, vitriolic diatribe posted here by anonymous posters in a public forum says more about the individuals putting this stuff here than the guy himself. Nothing wrong with posting facts and details but generalisations and targeting individuals with heresay and opinions is a little unfair.

Reply #460732 | Report this post

Cheers Isaac. Appears my three course meal was money well spent...

I'm not defending alleged behaviours, (don't know the coach nor witnessed any incidents), but to post your gripe then back it up with a fake post/s is grade 3 stuff.

As someone still interested in Southern being a successful senior and junior club, I'm saddened that matters that were handled "in-house" in the pre-internet days aren't being handled in house.

If you have an issue, take it up with the committee, relevant Veep or email/write to the board.

What hope do kids have when "adults" role model inappropriate methods of raising concerns???

Reply #460734 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Final positions Women
1) Norwood
2) North
3) West
4) Tigers
5) Mavs
6) Woodville
7) Mildura
8) Centrals

Reply #460736 | Report this post

Years ago

All I want to know is the results for the preseason carnival !!!!
Does anyone know?

Reply #460739 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Mens ladder positions (no finals)

1) Woodville
2) Sturt
3) Tigers
4) West
5) Norwood
6) North
7) Mavs

Reply #460740 | Report this post

Years ago

Thanks Tragic, do you know the mens?

Reply #460741 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Try this :(

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=1-3656-0-297118-0&pool=1001&round=0&a=ROUND

Reply #460742 | Report this post

Years ago

Thanks tragic
Just went to the link and checked the results
Its funny, for the men they have sturt up as the only team to have played four games everyone else 3 so not up to date as yet

Reply #460743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want to know why they could get LIVE stats going???

Reply #460754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because its a preseason tournament for the teams?
Because if you were that interested you could have gone watched?
Because live stats requires resources, and again its a preseason tournament put on purely so teams can have a run before the season starts.

Reply #460757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the committee is the issue then going to them would be of little use. The smart people get on committees and manage their agendas because the rank and file can't be bothered. If you want to change a stinking mess, roll up your sleeves and get involved at the next agm.

Reply #460760 | Report this post

kk  
Years ago

leigh has been addressed at the stbc AGM

Reply #460778 | Report this post

leighleighleigh  
Years ago

leigh is there for his self and his self only.
loves the stir. dont care about his players but the players are sucked in to even relize anything because there so young.

its not sledging (aus way). its bullying full stop. and leigh clearly does it because thats the only way he could trryyyyy and win.

Reply #460780 | Report this post

liv  
Years ago

i was sitting next to a few old basketball greats. and to see what that man did in a few of the games not just west/southern.. was just disrespectful.

theres a diffrence between competitive nature and bullying and pointing an individual player out by laughing and pointing at them.

leigh is the perfect example of putting a bad influence on his team to represent that way..

won't name the 'greats' but they have seen nothing like that. disgusting.

Reply #460781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That men's table is incorrect. It doesn't have all the games recorded on the ladder. As for the Southern coach has he not learnt anything from his alleged disgraceful social media comments a couple of years ago

Reply #460785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the crowd attendance like? I wonder if BSA invited any media?

Reply #460800 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

crowd attendance? media invited?

are you for real?

was nothing more than running squads and getting an idea of the best combinations

first hit-out against quality opposition and getting the cobwebs out

Crowd-10 to 20
Media-maybe a cadet from the Mildura Times?

Reply #460802 | Report this post

Jo  
Years ago

What was the umpires doing when this was going did tek foul anybody or warn anybody ? If it get out of hand they should throw the book at the players and the coach.
Or don't have the Tiger woman in this season.

Reply #460808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This whole thread is a disgrace, what's worse than face-to-face 'alleged sledging'? 'Anonymous online cyber bullying'. Such personal attacks on individuals in society is just not acceptable. They teach this in schools, pity the people on here don't get the same education. This thread should be removed, if there are individuals out there who have been attacked or offended whilst playing the game then they should put in a written complaint... And if your a club person who is disgusted - speak to your president or the individual you have an issue with. Simple!

Reply #460825 | Report this post

south.  
Years ago

I agree with you. but with the committee a written complaint is not enough nor speaking to presidents. i did this years ago for my own son. there is no care in the world. no wonder why this thread has blown off the walls.

Reply #460828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're sadly mistaken if you think this is the next best course of action

comments and hate on this thread are worse than any Coach's actions

hang your head's in shame Tigers, eating your own

Reply #460848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow wow.... I think most ppl reading this wouldnt know this leigh bloke but the irony of the nature of the name calling, in an anonymous, public forum says more about the posters than this leigh person. Some sad people are out there.

Reply #460852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone at the club knows who is posting this rubbish and they will be dealt with

Reply #460858 | Report this post

If you're an CABL coach why would you be reading hoops anyway?

Any response by a CABL coach to any post would be petrol to the fire.

Again, don't know anything about the truth/lies posted, but surely CABL's coaches should let their results/player development speak for itself.

Reply #460859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pickles. I disagree as a society we need to be all over this kind of thing. Its not acceptable. These kinds of public, anonymous attacks can effect people both in basketball a d professional circles. It damages reputations. If I was this leigh bloke id be seeking legal advice.

Reply #460861 | Report this post

Years ago

all I know is if leigh had just stuck to the game of competing in basketball.. not invovling his players or himself in conflict with xplayers or other players.. today he wouldn't have this whole thread blow up in the first place. he is the cause of this conflict.

Reply #461008 | Report this post

Years ago

Gee it such a pity that you didnt go out and watch the basketball game that was being played, sounds like that you just focused on watching Leigh and the bench people,and missed a good game.

Reply #461073 | Report this post

sturtpride  
Years ago

a good game? it was a beating

Reply #461188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A better way of looking at this is to understand why players have moved on recently out of their program and have made ABL lists in stronger teams. Why did the Tigers not perform when they had these players available to them?

Reply #461279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well surprise surprise the player Leigh wanted his team to jeer has quit as Tigers Under 18 Girls Div 1 coach. Well done Leigh.

Reply #462486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And better still. They look like losing 2 players as well.

Reply #462520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why on earth does he still have a coaching job?

Reply #462522 | Report this post

:-(  
Years ago

I hope your fingers aren't to sore to play this weekend, keep telling everyone you quit!

Reply #462530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

find out the truth before you post on this site because what you are posting is crap.

Reply #462945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does this always happen at southern? Other clubs have similar things going on but southern love to let the world know!

The new, soon to be announced JDO out there must be wondering what he has got himself into! His name will be bandied around here in a couple of years in a similar fashion to LS.

Reply #463354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7 players leaving. I thought it was only 4

Reply #463440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the boys leaving because of the incompetent junior vice president who is out of control! but is allowed to because the president is a toothless little fairy

Reply #463444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AAA carpet care. They are sponsors of centrals ABL women. What about them?

Reply #463447 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Two IPs blocked and a number of posts deleted. Thread locked because a number of people have shown they can't post responsibly. Take it up with your club or move clubs if you have to. If you've already moved clubs, then shut up and get on with your own game.

Reply #463456 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:58 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754