Anonymous
Years ago

2014 Big V Promo Video

Take a look at the 2014 Big V Promo Video

Season tips off for Molten Victorian Youth Championship this weekend at the Frankston pre-season tournament.

Topic #33876 | Report this topic

Adrian  
Years ago

Who's the Bulleen bloke in the video?

Reply #460815 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Good on em, they've had a crack - its very different from what you'll see other leagues do.

Reply #460824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lester Strong

Reply #460827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a very good video considering the players spent about 4hrs there! I hope they will use some other footage in other ways.

Another example of lack of creativity by the media officer.

Reply #460844 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

??

So hanging around for four hours means the media officer lacks creativity?

I bet every other promotional video from any league (probably ONLY SEABL will do one) will be a montage of game clips...

This is ok.

Reply #460845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least it wasn't filmed on an iPhone.

Reply #460847 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I think it suits the league, it is down to earth and not the worst promo I have seen. I like the music actually...

Love the old guy sweeping the court, nice touch!

Reply #460851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yay let's have Big V super happy fun times. Yay!

Reply #460855 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Good on them for having a go. Best promo i've seen is the one Lance Hurdle did at Wollongong.

Reply #460857 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd33jLofNEc

Just watched this, i agree.

Reply #460862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm saying if this is the best footage they have after rolling for 4 hrs, the creativity is lacking. I agree though the start was very good. A 4-5 min video would of been better including some game clips and grabs from players from the day.

Reply #460876 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

4-5 mins would be a highlight reel, not a marketing tool. ^^^

Reply #460882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More creative and sharper than anything the NFL has put out.

Reply #460888 | Report this post

BOB911  
Years ago

Which teams are missing? Which association couldn't get anyone to attend?

Reply #460894 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Couldn't make out the championship team from last year, Corio Bay?

Reply #460927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went along to the day and it was a lot closer to 2 than 4 hours. No one was unhappy to be there and every club that made the effort got their head (or jersey) in there.

Good effort BigV. Some of us aren't too bitter to enjoy it!

Reply #460963 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's a shame bulleen didn't put a player forward that was known from the club, not a new signing!!

Reply #461039 | Report this post

CHOOK  
Years ago

Oh welcome to hoops.com.au BOB911 I'm glad your first post was so insightful and intellectual.

Reply #461055 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

funny that coburg players been cut

Reply #461086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

given that only big v players will see it i guess its not a bad attempt. just about all the league could really produce seeing how unprofessional it is.

Reply #461145 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Define unprofessional in this context. Actually say something that supports your conclusion.

The BigV, and I have been a critic here as well, is on the whole very well run. It does more than any of the other state leagues from what I can see.

Reply #461149 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

OOI, it's had 2400 views in three days.

Reply #461155 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Paul,

Given that they have made it the splash page on their website that is hardly surprising. Smart by them but no measure of its quality or genuine reach!

Reply #461183 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

HO whats wrong with the quality of it...Its some of there best work.

Reply #461184 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with it. I ma responding to Paul who i saying its had good views. i am saying you can't have missed it so the number of views does not reflect the quality.

Reply #461195 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You 'can't have missed' Game 7 of the NBA Finals last year. It was the second most viewed finals game ever, watched by 26.3 million.

Therefore by your standard, that number 'does not reflect the quality' because it was marketed so well?

Reply #461196 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Sorry Anon,

What standard did I establish?

Reply #461203 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Given that they have made it the splash page on their website that is hardly surprising."

Hardly surprising in a good way or bad? I dont think number of views on youtube can ever measure quality, just reach.

Reply #461209 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Sure, and I am saying that because they have added this as their splash page you can measure neither well through viewer numbers.

Reply #461215 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think you can measure reach, as the idea is for people to watch it. You perhaps can't get a good read of how 'viral' it has gone due to that though.

Reply #461218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, if people are seeing it on the org site directly, then it's not necessarily reflecting on reach. You'd be looking at things like social shares for that.

It's long and dorky, but oh well - good on them for trying. If they'd run that idea in about half the time, it would've been reasonable. Can't imagine there was a serious budget to work with. Finishes with a bit more oomph at least.

Reply #461220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Budget ? I doubt they spent much on it. All the people in it are players so no one got paid, the court used is the old Jordanville one at Waverley and the music is free. That wanker Chambers probably used Ipad to film it so you get what you pay for.

Reply #461262 | Report this post

Smeta  
Years ago

What are we comparing this to? NBL promos, AFL, NBA?

Any form of league, team or personal marketing/ promotion on here is met with hate consistantly.

Good on them for having a go and trying to raise some excitement for the 2014 season.

Reply #461265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Question, by having it on there splash page does this rack up views for the video, or do you need to actually play it?

Reply #461266 | Report this post

BB  
Years ago

Why the hate for Callum Chambers?

He does his job well which is tough considering he has to commentate the league which he also has to play in.

I think he has done a reasonably good job on video and look forward to the year ahead.

Reply #461271 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont agree Isaac, it's just a particular type of reach ie some of the viewers are people who visit the Big V page and press play to watch it.

The idea is to have people watch it, so that is legitimate reach, it just isnt necessarily viral reach.

Reply #461277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's too long for a promo

Reply #461418 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Sherbrooke sign American Grant Johnson. This guy can play and will kill them at this level:
http://basketball.australiabasket.com/player/Grant_Johnson/Sherbrooke_Suns/243341?AmNotSure=1

Reply #461551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754