lack of
Years ago

CABL Referee removed from panel

mail is that an NBL referee has been removed from the CABL panel
Apparently Mcdonald is only available to referee a reduced number of games but the Referee manager from the association has said no and got rid of him

This is based on the fact he is involved with CABL woman (Woodville)

It's not (rocket) science to see that good officials are in short supply and this is a poor decision made by a out of touch manager

I am sure other clubs would agree it's better to have experienced umpires some of the time instead of not at all
Thoughts?

Topic #33877 | Report this topic

NotJack  
Years ago

Bad combination of Egomaniacs.

Reply #460833 | Report this post

UIC  
Years ago

Nice post Ben

Reply #460834 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Please consider more of the facts. He's also club president.

Reply #460835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a conflict of interest Ben IS the president of Woodville, Ben is decent referee at times but wow not NBL level IMO.

I agree Yes we are short of good quality referees well Referees full stop plenty of grade d umpires out there. Also agree that Mike Gibson is out of tough and responsible for the average quality of umpiring sliding. In ability to support kids with hard jobs, won't support on the job educating and training for them and leaves them to be taught by in SOME locations referees who shouldn't be teaching courses as they could still be learning (not that they think they need to)

Reply #460837 | Report this post

Wasn't Gibson the president of SABC when he was a CABL Ref?
I'm happy to stand corrected but I swear t was the case?

Reply #460839 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Correct

Reply #460846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two wrongs dont make a right though. The correct decision has been made!!

Reply #460879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

except its a bit hypocritical for the same person to be enforcing this now isn't it?

Reply #460885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's hypocritical for sure but not conflicts of interests and hypocrisy are common place is this association. Some club boards have similar issues.

Seems Like BSA leads by example

Reply #460901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was he sacked or do he choose coaching?

Reply #460902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the OP it seems the presidency isn't the reason given, so it's kinda moot in this case. It reads to me that he hasn't made himself available for the required amount of games?

Reply #460906 | Report this post

Wabbit  
Years ago

Was it Gibbo who made the decision or was it the referee commissioner?

Reply #460964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like to me Ben has been selective as to when he is available for district roster not just CABL and only wants the NBL Gigs so cut off totally in spite?

Hear there's always issues with refs wanting to dictate a bit of control and getting shafted on rosters in return?

Reply #461004 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754