Double Clutch
Years ago

Random NBL sighting during league pass

I know this will rate highly on many people's 'Who gives a ...' scale but this was too wonderfully random not to post, I'm sure someone else might get a kick out of it.

In todays Wolves at Nuggets game, at the 8:41 mark of the 3rd quarter after Ty Lawson hits his third jumper in a row the camera pans to Ty jogging back down court. In the background in the baseline front row seats an individual can be seen wearing...a Townsville Crocodiles NBL singlet.

First and probably last time we'll see an NBL singlet front row in an NBA game, however I might wear my Julius Hodge 36ers top if I ever get so lucky as to attend a Denver game.

Topic #33888 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ah shit! I was watching that game and very intently at that, but missed it.

That's actually really awesome!

Reply #461063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think u might find it was a Heritage Wollongong Hawks jersey! Dude posted it to twitter today. Blue with yellow trim & ILLAWARRA across the front

Reply #461082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coincidently there was a Hawks fan there too

https://twitter.com/mrjarrodhunt/status/440730932455034881

Reply #461097 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Yep, that's the guy! The slightly pixelated feed and large McDonalds logo lead me to believe it was a Townsville throwback jersey.

It's now a life goal of mine to wear my Hodge jersey at a Nuggets game, whoever that dude is in that photo is my inspiration.

Reply #461104 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Throwback NBL jerseys of ex imports would funnily enough sell pretty well I reckon, the only thing is they'd have to have current sponsors on them I guess.

Reply #461228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Crocs have just sold out of Rob Rose 99 Retro jerseys and are close to sold out of Brad Davidson ones too. I think they still have Simon Kerle if you want them!

Last year's Gaze retro sold out in Melbourne too didnt it?

Reply #461308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754