Rashad
Years ago

Lisch V Beal?

Kevin Lisch did say that he would always love to come back to Perth after he signed overseas (whether if he will is a different story now that Bevo's gone)... But if it came to that situation in the post season, who would you rather see in a cats uniform, Beal or Lisch? Saw a bit of talk about this on another forum... Thoughts??

Topic #33900 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Wildcats are winning and Beal is playing well, so I'd choose Beal.

Reply #461349 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Both great players but slightly in favour of Lisch. He carried the cats alot more being sole import and stepped up in 2010 finals. See how Beal goes in the playoffs first.

Reply #461350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is better than Beal.

Reply #461351 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

My feeling is Lisch won't be back in Perth next year, he's had an injury interrupted season in France and is just starting to get going, might want another year.

The other factor against Perth is the little one, they may want to be in NSW to be close to in-laws? That's not based on anything other than a feel though, so could be completely wrong.

Reply #461357 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I really like Beal's game and think if he hangs around could develop into a better player than Lisch.

Lets not forget Lisch didn't have the best first season with Perth and was alomst cut but really grew into the role.

Reply #461361 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Unfortunately, Beal and Lisch together just wouldn't work - damn you salary cap and team balance pressures!

Reply #461378 | Report this post

kev  
Years ago

Beal gets better looks off the ball. Lisch was mostly dribble entry type. Beal for me. I think a Ennis for Ennis type is not needed. We need a legit power forward.

Reply #461428 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Taipans should grab Lisch or Beal to replace McCamey.

Reply #461437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch is playing Euroleague isnt he? if he can keep getting gigs like that, i doubt we will see him in the NBL in the next couple of years.

So i think the Wildcats should look to secure Beal, who to me is basically as good. If you could get both for the same money then id probably go Lisch, but as i said i doubt Lisch would cost the same as Beal, and paying significantly more for Lisch isnt worth it imo, as the Wildcats still need to be able to fill Ennis's spot with a quality swingman.

Reply #461440 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

haha Steven
"Both great players but slightly in favour of Lisch. He carried the cats alot more being sole import and stepped up in 2010 finals. See how Beal goes in the playoffs first."

Sole important hahahahaha

Redhage is an Aussie now cos he has a little bit of paper, come on mate!!

Reply #461441 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Get over it Peter. Redhage played as an Aussie at the time. Stop trolling.

Reply #461445 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Kev, not sure about Beal being better off the ball.

Have a think about the opportunities Beal has been getting because of the multiple dribble penetration threats. Lisch was one in himself, but his work off the ball was fantastic. Think about the rule interpretations from this season to last as well.

Reply #461447 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Multiple dribble penetration threats, more so than last season*

Reply #461448 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a starting line up of:

Lisch
Beal
Hire
Ellis
Nevill

in three seasons time. Damo and Redhage can come off the bench as super subs ;)

Reply #461455 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Lisch and Beal are so different in my mind, Lisch was our go to guy in the clutch whereas Beal hasn't been given that opportunity much.

Lisch got beaten from pillar to post under the old rules so you'd gather he'd lift his game back to MVP calibre if he returned.

I'd go Kev but I'm happy with Dolla and you add in Damo and I don't know why we couldn't run a 3 guard rotation like Wollongong, Cairns and Melbourne do

Reply #461521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754