skip
Years ago

FoxSports feature on Mitch Creek

Video link

Topic #33951 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get down to Adelaide Arena tonight and watch Creeky reek havoc!!

Reply #462574 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Awesome story. Would love to see a mixed TV rights deal with some FTA and some FOX once this one expires.

Reply #462578 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

paul, do you think the relationship between the NBL and Fox is improving a little, to make a possible return to Fox a reality? I would love to see a mix of Fox and FTA games in the future. 1 live game on 7mate with a slick production and 3 games on Fox plus a magazine style show would be super.

Ive always believed that it was Fox who actually pissed the NBL off (not the other way around) by giving them such dud coverage in the last few years. Wasn't is like 1 or 2 games a week with one being on a Wednesday night and no coverage for the first 5 weeks of a season? Who could possibly blame the NBL for wanting to leave at that point?

Reply #462588 | Report this post

Coopz  
Years ago

I had a lot of fun making this one.

Mitch was very easy to work with. I wish all athletes were so open to some of my oddball ideas:)

Reply #462596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox lost some cricket (to Ten/One incidentally) so they have a hole in their summer schedule. NBL would be good content to fill out the overall offering.

Reply #462599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't is like 1 or 2 games a week with one being on a Wednesday night and no coverage for the first 5 weeks of a season? Who could possibly blame the NBL for wanting to leave at that point?

Yeah it was something like two games a week (Wed night + Sat night) but for the first 5 weeks of either the last or second to last season I think it was just one game a week from memory.

Then there was the whole removing John Casey from the basketball to do AFL games for Fox after the second to last season and foistering Brian Taylor & Dwayne Russell onto us as play-by-play commentators for the last season (09/10). Fox only agreed to pay around $200k for the rights for that last season too.

IMO, Fox were basically giving the NBL the finger on the way out.

Reply #462625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox lost some cricket (to Ten/One incidentally) so they have a hole in their summer schedule. NBL would be good content to fill out the overall offering.

Don't forget the NBL is still contracted to Ten until the end of next season.

Reply #462628 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Only for two games a week.

Reply #462630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see some games on FOX Sports

Reply #462678 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754