crusty
Years ago

Can Sydneys problems be healed?

How would another, NBL active, coach do with the Sydney roster? It puts fear into me at how good this team could be. How would Gourjon (deffinately not the right spelling or is it) make this team work?

Topic #33953 | Report this topic

bowtie  
Years ago

Probably not in time but often a new coach can grab a quick couple of wins.
That's all Sydney need.....a couple of wins to get to the FInals?

Reply #462661 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

It is what it is at this stage obviously of the season. Questions are to be answered and moves to be made in the offseason, like many teams. You know things are bad when you have to bring back Jesse Sanders and fans are excited about this move!

Reply #462662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can the pun please be pardoned.

Reply #462664 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

The one thing he had to do was feed AJ.
Not happening. 25 points but not from the PG.

Reply #462669 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

They have all bases covered offensively and have the potential to be a great team. But they need to improve on the defensive end especially defending the perimeter. Madgen great player but not the best defensively, harvey all offensive, young puts up good numbers but intensity fades in and out defensively.
A good coach such as bevo would have this team purring and demand defensive intensity all the time.

Reply #462689 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

On paper Sydney have some great talent but lack a great coach imo.
Next year they will need 2 new imports (young won't stay), a proven coach, say goodbye to such talent as Ben Allen and Kevin White. Get a full preseason out of Cody Ellis and hopefully retain AJ Ogilvy.

Reply #462691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hold up did you just say Ben Allen is talent?

Reply #462695 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I did but I was joking.
Sanders inclusion hasn't had desired affect. Heal's time could be up soon.

Reply #462699 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"How would another, NBL active, coach do with the Sydney roster?"
That depends, are they allowed to keep it for more than three games and/or have a pre-season?

Sanders/Carmouche, Young/Carmouche, Ellis/Young/Carmouche, Ellis/Young, Ellis/Young/Sanders...

Reply #462761 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

How does Shane heal get these gigs?

Reply #462771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bol Bol how do they have all bases covered offensively with such little shooting in their starting 5.

Perth, the NZ championship teams and Wollongong have shown how important it is to space the floor with shooting.

AJ gets zero space because teams can run a double or triple team at him because sydneys players get zero respect At The 3pt line.

Reply #462772 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think they have overachieved this season, Garlepp has been brilliant (although his running the floor can look very lackluster). Ogilvy has been influential in all but 3 games where foul trouble and poor attitude have been his undoing.

I like Kevin White, I'd retain him more so for his training ability, I'm not saying he is a whipping boy but you can do worse than him and he doesn't need to take minutes off better players to be influential... Needs to to throw up atleast 150,000 3s during off season and become a far more potent threat.

Brad Hill must wonder what is happening with his career, to score 40 in pre-season and then play less than 5 minutes a game for most of the season. Does anyone think that Hill wants to stay a King.

Well done Hammer, I don't blame the imports situation on you and think you've done better than most expected earlier in the season

Reply #462949 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/9838111/Heals-signing-promises-Boomer-times

Stuff.co.nz article about Heal coming to the Saints.

Reply #463102 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754