Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers first home final (Spoiler, maybe)

With Adelaide sealing home court in the semis, I just heard on the telecast that they believe their first home final will be on the 29th (not at all confirmed). Interested to see if there are any footy fans that would be unhappy with this being it's the same day as the first AFL game at Adelaide Oval? Might create a problem for some people.

Topic #33955 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the footy being a 4pm start, perhaps people would be able to go to both with it only being about a 10 minute drive from the city.

Reply #462730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Friday = OMG juniors
Saturday = OMG AFL

my god ppl do you like NBL bball or not.

you all come up with excuses why not to attend.

there is always going to be something else on.

Reply #462732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL has telecast games on Friday nights and Sundays all year. Why would the finals be any different?

Friday March 28th Sixers v Tigers
Sunday March 30th Perth v ?

I could be wrong but doubt it......

The NBL can't be that big a fuckup. The biggest game in town Crows v Power in a historical clash there is no way the Sixers play on that night.

Reply #462740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree that is logical, that's just what I heard the commentators say on the telecast. In an article that I'll link below it also says that Perth are set to play on either the 27th (which is a Thursday?) or the 28th.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/21987207/sixers-teach-cats-an-nbl-lesson/

Reply #462745 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I could be wrong, but from what Ive seen it will go like this:

Perth v Syd/Wol: Thurs/Sat/Mon
Adelaide v Melbourne: Fri/Sun/?Tues/Weds?

Reply #462746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be happy with that! Would the dates be released this week? I would think so considering the Sixers Facebook/Twitter said tickets go on sale Tuesday.

Reply #462749 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If perth host Wollongong in semis would the hawks be better off staying in perth after final reg season game on Sun 23rd.

Reply #462754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way will the NBL schedule a 36ers playoff game on the same day/night as the first ever Showdown at Adelaide Oval which will get 50,000.

The NBL are a bit bush league but not that stupid.

Reply #462795 | Report this post

Pure Silk  
Years ago

36ers game will be on the friday night.

Reply #462810 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:00 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754