Duffman
Years ago

Will Gibbo be back for the Semis?

Last night I saw a sorry on Gibbo which showed the exact moment he tore his Plantar Fascia in his foot ( this is the same injury Pau Gasol suffered last season ) it didn't look good. He was being optimistic on the news saying it could be days or weeks but it looked pretty bad.
This injury can take up to 4 - 6 weeks to heal and I'm worried he won't be back for the Finals. Gasol had a month off last season.

Not being cocky but I'm confident we can get by the Tigers in a 3 game series with 2 games at home without Gibbo but would need to shoot the lights out to steal one off of the Wildcats in Perth if both teams make the GF.

Gibbo is the backbone to our ball club. His selfless style is perfect for a captain, he gets everyone else good looks, directs players to their men in defence and lights it up when needed. Friday night he was awesome in 21 minutes he had something like 17pts 6 Rebs 5 assists and 2 steals going 3/3 from behind the arc while shooting 60+%.

Does anyone know more to the severity of his injury?

Topic #33980 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

That's the injury that Jonathon Brown had at the end of last season... That's that awful injury that its better to break your foot that to have torn it.

Story around AFL that last decade a champion player had this injury and jumped up on the kitchen table to break his foot.

In answering your question, I'm not sure the time frame but what I've heard is a tear takes like 3 months to heal where as a break is a month or so... Around those time frames.

Would that put him out for the season ?

Reply #463249 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Its better to tear the Plantar not keep straining it. Had this injury, def still not as bad as a broken foot!

Reply #463264 | Report this post

DTAB  
Years ago

Proud, that was Robert Harvey who did that and it wasnt to break his foot it was to finally snap the ligament so it would repair properly.

Keep EVERYTHING crossed Gibbo is back on the court asap... we need him big time. We have the talent to do it without him but it would be so much more difficult, especially on the defensive end. Maybe send him to Germany for some cows blood or something??!!

Reply #463273 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah tear the tendon is best. Recall the same AFL story, thought it might have been Harvey from the saints some years ago. I just cant see him coming back myself, which is a real shame.

Reply #463274 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think he also jumped OFF the kitchen table ;-)

Reply #463275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I'm not optimistic. Surprised this is the first thread that has been done on this topic actually. I'm as optimistic as a supporter can get, but I don't think Adelaide can beat Perth (and will struggle with the Tigers) without their most important player. Which is a huge bummer considering how long it has taken to get back to the position that they are in.

Reply #463366 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Lucky 9 of your remaining 11 players are point guards!
Joey must have known something was gonna happen when he picked up Carter!!

Reply #463385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha ^ That was my initial thoughts actually. The Carter signing just became a very important move!
(Can't replace Gibson though).

Reply #463391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibbo should have been on the bench as the game was over when it occurred and the game didn't really matter...
This injury hangs around and can be quite annoying, I think it will be a miracle if he plays a part in finals...

Reply #463405 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Even as a Perth fan I don't wish injury on Gibson. I still remember Damo being out of last years grand final.
who gets the job on Goulding if he doesn't play?

Reply #463408 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Creek I assume.

Reply #463426 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Good news....this NBL article suggests a return for the Semis.

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/10w0a1x1sea3j1qihrdqt5pzu6

Reply #463548 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Sorry for getting the details wrong but cheers fellas for filling in the gaps with Robert Harvey

Reply #463592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754