TR
Years ago

New Draft Stuff

Ok, here is some stuff from my mate in Atlanta

-The Suns have agreed to a trade that sends swingman Quentin Richardson to the New York Knicks for power forward Kurt Thomas and a conditional future first-round draft choice

-Villanueva probably is a lottery pick who could go as high as No. 10

- the Orlando Magic have whittled their choice down to four or five likely candidates. Depending on their availability, they are small forwards Hakim Warrick, Joey Graham, power forward Charlie Villaneuva (Connecticut) and shooting guards Antoine Wright Martell Webster

- Nuggets could package their first two picks for a higher choice

- Portland is playing mirror games, saying that they love Paul's speed, Deron's strength, Felton's shooting and Green's potential. They ain't hinting at all about who they are taking.

- The Nets are looking at May, Warrick,Diogu, Simien, McCants, Felton, Graham

- The Cats may now be thinking of taking Martell Webster due to Williams already been taken, hoping that Felton will fall to 13.

- Gerald Green hasn't impressed anyone by not having competition at his workouts. His stocks have taken a slight knock. Still a top 10 pick, but maybe not with the 3rd.

- Expect Chris Taft to be a late first rounder now. Lazy and attitude seems to be the words floating around about him.

- Andrew Bynum has shot up and is considered a late lottery, or just out of it.

- Grangers stock has gone through the roof, could go to Utah at 6.

Only three days to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic #3399 | Report this topic

The truth  
Years ago

The knicks seem to be able to build up some good guards Richerson crawford marbury Houston tim thomas hardaway .... but then you get to there inside players and they are pretty dogey and even more soo if they intend on getting rid of kurt thomas....

i really hope as a magic fan that we take Hakim Warick ive seen some games of him playing for the Orange Men and he can seriously play and could be the surprise of the draft that the teams with the top pick wish they didnt let slip !

Reply #39097 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, Warrick could be a steal in this draft for the Magic and would work well with Stevie Franchise, Hill and Howard, his upside is huge.

The Knicks roster now looks like a bigger joke. The biggest player is Tim Thomas at 6'9. They have NO cap room, and no height. Maybe they are trying to have a system like the Suns this year, all run and gun. Problem is the Knicks don't have an Amare and they definately don't have a pass first PG. Knicks for the lottery again next year.

Expect the Knicks to waive Houston (under the new CBA each team can waive 1 player and not get slugged the luxury tax hit), but the contract still needs to be paid. This will save the Knicks about $51 million in penalties over the years.

Reply #39100 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmm, here is an interesting story I just read:

- The Lakers have moved up in the draft for the 3rd pick. The rumour is the Lakers now have the 3rd pick and Ruben Patterson, and Portland now has the 10th pick and unknown stuff.

I don't think this has really happened, but the papers in LA are running with it, so who knows.

- Sonics will take Jarrett Jack at #25 if he is still on the board. It is not a promise but what one person in the league said the Sonics are Jack's backstop.

- The Charlotte Bobcats have a promise for Charlie Villanueva at the #13 spot of the draft

Reply #39123 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

i'm really looking forward to the draft and am also a orlando fan the only thing i see wrong with getting Hakim Warick is that with his dribbling skills i would of had him as a PF but i guess that they would start with jameer nelson, Franchise, Hill and Howard start with lookig at Warick as an impact player. I hope they get him hugh up side and could make an impact right away.

Reply #39257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:11 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754