Anonymous
Years ago

Sydney Kings need to chase Bevo

A winning coach who needs to be back in the NBL.

And who needs Bevo more than Sydney.

Any chance this will happen?

Topic #34019 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see Al Westover back in the league.

Reply #464157 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Bevo doesn't need to be chased, if he wanted the job he would go get it, he proved that this season.

Reply #464158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Westover? Please no

Reply #464161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The poisoned chalice, who wants it?

Reply #464165 | Report this post

WAboy  
Years ago

If Bevo returns to the NBL, (lets say Sydney) i wonder if out of Contract Wildcats Captain would join him?

Reply #464218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definitely would. plus closer to home.

Reply #464223 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

If Bevo returns to the NBL, (lets say Sydney) i wonder if out of Contract Wildcats Captain would join him?

I think that this would be one of the reasons why they should be chasing him hard now, before the Finals are over and then the teams start re-signing their players before other teams can call dibs... Need to get a quality coach signed so it can give quality players that might re-sign with their current teams, Damo, Peach, Cadee, a bit of a heads up that the regime has changed and it could be worth an east coast sea change :)

Reply #464237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Al Westover = LOL NO!

Bevo yes!

Reply #464239 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Yeah I agree - Need to pursue Bevo hard. He would be the best person to turn Sydney around and make them a credible team without breaking the budget (ala Goorjian).

He's a media friendly bloke too, so he would do well trying to get the Sydney media on board. I know the media in Perth loved him.

Only major concern as a Wildcats fan would be him taking Damien Martin with him at the end of the season. Though I would not say it's a done deal, by all accounts Martin is very happy in Perth. Its not like he can't go back home in the off season and still play for Perth.

Reply #464256 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

How many championships has Bevo won with the Wildcats and West Sydney combined Westover has 2 with the Tigers

Reply #464262 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Imo Bevo over Westover.

Reply #464265 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Bevo can win championships no question. For Sydney though, I'm guessing they would be happy just to be winning regularly, play good consistent basketball and see finals action on a consistent basis and draw bigger crowds and be in the news a bit more. A coach like Bevo can achieve that.

Reply #464266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Exactly

Reply #464267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm hearing mark watkins is in the running

Reply #464271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not find the best coach in the league who has developed a stable program and made the most of resources available (Geordie) and hire his main assistant (like teams do with the Spurs staff in the nba).

Reply #464273 | Report this post

Sam  
Years ago

Bevo can win championships how many has he won

Reply #464300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see what Bevo would do with a team with more limited resources than Perth. I'm curious as I think he's overrated.

Reply #464303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dmac would be a good option

Reply #464304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D macs a dick

Reply #464309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dmac....baaaaaaaaa!

Reply #464311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems that the hawks are a day to day proposition rihght now, getting paid week by week if they are lucky. Gordie to the Kings would be a smart move for all.

Reply #464338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep I agree Bevo or Gordi would be great to get a real coach

Reply #464401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People who wrote Westover must be Al himself.

The guy cannot coach, won a couple of championships due to big money spending by Seamus. During televised timeouts it was laughable what he was saying.

Somehow got a gig in Japan which didn't last and now is desperate.

Reply #464431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Westover desperate?

Reply #464432 | Report this post

Ganymede 59  
Years ago

Al was very successful in Japan (believe they made the finals) and only chose to come back for family reasons. the club had every intention to retain him

Reply #464552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may want to coach at home not abroad but there are barely any positions in the NBL with only eight clubs. Therefore desperate?

Reply #464670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is employed now.

Reply #464672 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754