Anonymous
Years ago

BNSW Round 3

Saw bruins 16m pull out tough win vs Hornsby.

Bruins 14m lose again, many called them favourites!!l

Any other results?

Topic #34022 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hills just got past Comets in a tough match in 18M1. Hills 18M1 struggling a lot more than I thought they would.

Reply #464171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are Hills struggling? They've dominated this age group right through.

Reply #464172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question. For mine, they lack a genuine centre and rely heavily on 3pt shooting so when they're not hot from outside, their offence is lacking. That and I don't think their players are as individually dominant as they have been in previous seasons (some are slightly undersized). But all in all they have a team of some quality players, difficult to pin point why they are struggling so much.

Reply #464174 | Report this post

Blue&True  
Years ago

They beat Blacktown by 1 point(who have no size, at all), a team that just lost to Norths by 46... I don't think size is an issue, perhaps the living and dying by the 3pt line?

Reply #464175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overview of men's leagues.

Favourites?

18m - Norths/Hills?

16m - Bankstown, maybe penrith?

14m- Norths/comets?

12m- hills

Thoughts?

Reply #464176 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

Norths 18M1 are probably the worst team to ever go 3-0, average at best.

14M1 I would call Norths as the favourites, possibly the best team in the state.
Their roster is loaded with talent.

Reply #464178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do Norths 18m1 have as their best players? I am yet to see them play so can't comment on whether they deserve to be 3-0

Reply #464179 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

They have 0 State players. Very even spread of talent at best.

Reply #464180 | Report this post

PPP  
Years ago

Why is no one talking about Penrith 18M1, I believe they are also 3-0 with a notable win against Bankstown in the first round.

Reply #464181 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who do Norths 18m1 have as their best players?
No naming U18 players like this please.

Reply #464183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bankstown U14 Men had 7 players on Sunday so they would have struggled regardless but feel we had a better team.

Our U16 Girls dominated Bankstown which was good to see. Our girls might have a chance of knocking Norths off in grand-final...maybe

In the U16 Boys I felt that we had a better team anyway. From what I have been told we have more ITC Players than Bankstown. I must admit Bankstown missed A LOT of shots under the basket. I have seen nearly everyone in that age group play and feel that both us and Penrith are the favorites to win 16's not Bankstown.

Reply #464197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#197 - U16W1 Hornsby did dominate Bankstown, but not sure about them knocking off Norths in the grand final. Might be getting slightly ahead of yourself there...

Reply #464203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen Penrith or Bankstown play yet in 18m1... How have they been playing?

Reply #464216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahah Hornsby and Penrith as favourites in 16's boys. Hornsby played their best game against Bankstown, whereas Bankstown had played at their worst.

Reply #464282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ Goblin752, were Norths 14s missing anyone on the weekend? Not exactly a dominant performance against a Camden Valley team that hasn't won a game.

Reply #464284 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

@Anon,
Teams are entitled to poor performances, it is U14s now.
But christ, they went through the entire preseason absolutely dominating all NSW teams at the Coastal Classic, they then went and beat Bankstown (dubbed favourites) by 16.
A wins a win, doesn't matter how they get it done, especially when they probably got hosed down with shit calls at Camden Valley.

Reply #464285 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

I know its early in the season and still a loooong way to go, but I too heard the hype about the Bankstown 14M. What has caused their poor start to the season?

Reply #464378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goblin - "a win's a win, doesn't matter how they get it done"

Extremely short sighted thinking and not likely to get it done in the longer term.

Reply #464379 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

@Anon

Ahh anon, I forgot that U14s basketball is meticulously structured and never scrappy. We'll see at the end of the end of the season how they stand on the ladder. Not only will they pump my boys, but they'll go on to pump everyone else and the rest of the state.

Reply #464391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think anyone's questioning their right to a poor game, especially at this stage in the season. But when you rate them as highly as you do, it's an odd result. Hence my question about whether they were missing a player (or several). The three Hills groups that finished 2nd, 1st and 3rd at 14 Clubs in consecutive years were what I would call 'loaded with talent,' and they didn't have a lot of bad games.

Reply #464479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goblin, who said anything about being meticulously structured? Why so defensive?

Fact is in junior basketball a win is NOT a win. How you go about it is far more important. It's not about the precious win/loss record for under 14 coaches with huge egos. It's about developing basketballers.

It's not just about you Goblin.

Reply #464483 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted.)

Reply #464505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear Goblin, despite your big words, you don't come across as real bright do you? Keep on tryin' champ, and thanks for giving us all a laugh. Good luck with the sheep stations in u14s!

Reply #464510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goblin752 - calling yourself 'intellectually capable' just killed any little credibility you may have had, which was actually hovering close to zero anyway.

Reply #464512 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

Reply #464513 | Report this post

Gobbling?  
Years ago

Off the medication again Goblin752? What did the doctor tell you about that?

People are going to disagree with you on an internet forum. No need to carry on about it.

Reply #464514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually the funniest part is this:

"Ah Anon, you're intellectual capacity makes me chuckle."

Goblin, just a hint: if you are going to slag off at someone's intellectual capacity, at least use the right word. You meant "your", not "you're".

Let me guess - typo, right? I doubt it.

Reply #464516 | Report this post

Goblin753  
Years ago

Reply #464534 | Report this post

rhea  
Years ago

Can we get this Goblin idiot off the forums please? It was about basketball until he got here. Some of what he is writing is just plain disgusting and offensive. Can he be banned?

Reply #464677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

predictions for this weekends games?

comets vs manly
norths vs hornsby
bankstown vs sutho
hills vs penrith

thoughts?? blockbuster games?

Reply #464848 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

prospect of some exciting games this round.

Reply #464893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate to break it to you Goblin, but those Norths boys are hardly average... They've won ten in a row since they were "the worst team to ever go 3-0"

Reply #480276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754