Isaac
Years ago

Waikato Pistons sign Corin Henry

The Waikato Pistons ended last season as also-rans, but could start this year as NBL title favourites.

The Pistons completed their roster yesterday with the signing of gifted US point guard Corin Henry, giving them a star-studded lineup for their upcoming National Basketball League campaign.

Henry will be familiar to Kiwi hoops fans after a stellar stint in the Australian NBL with the Sydney Kings. He was named in the All-Star game in the 2012/13 season after averaging 13.8 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 1.1 steals per game, but his season ended prematurely when he suffered a a torn wrist tendon after a fall in a match against the New Zealand Breakers.
Full article

Topic #34023 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing

Reply #464177 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Always liked Corin, he was good people... and speedy! I thought a bit undersized when matching up against NBL guards, but it's good to see him down this way again, I hope he does well...

Reply #464192 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Crazy formidable team.

Abercrombie
Akeem Wright (played in Spanish ACB last gig)
Corin Henry
Casey Frank
Jack Salt
Tai Webster (potentially)
Rob Loe (have heard rumours)
Zac Carter (former Blaze player)

Reply #464230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought he was a good nbl point guard, especially for the money he would have been getting paid.

Good signing for the Pistons and with expansion we could see him back in the nbl at some stage.

Reply #464277 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I also liked Corin Henry's game and hope he gets another NBL opportunity

Reply #464280 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

wow a roster to take down the saints

Reply #464307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754