Peter
Years ago

Finals Games live on one/ten

Heard Brett Maher & the guy from Perth saying many times during Sunday's 36ers and Melbourne game on Sunday that all semi finals games will be televised live on Ten / One.

They were pleading to spread the word and get ratings as high as possible to send a message to ten that live basketball will rate.

The good news is the games will be live. The bad news is, unless I have missed it, I cant see anywhere (even on the NBL site!) promoting games will be live and and scheduled times.

While ten have shown their hand and I dont expect them to promote at all (although good on them for playing finals live), surely the NBL need to pick up the ball on this and promote the hell out of it, to get the brand out there.

Maybe we can do our bit and put the televised times on here to spread the word (if someone can find out what they are)

Topic #34026 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thursday night: Game 1 Tigers @ 36ers

Friday night: Game 1 Hawks @ Wildcats

Sunday afternoon: Game 2 36ers @ Tigers, Game 2 Wildcats @ Hawks

Tuesday night: Game 3 Tigers @ 36ers, Game 3 Hawks @ Wildcats (if needed)

Pretty sure that is correct double-headers on Sunday arvo and Tuesday night (next week) if needed of course.

Reply #464194 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

That's a lot of basketball. I'd better clear my schedule.

Reply #464196 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Think the game 3 are not shown live?

Reply #464198 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

I can't see any of them listed in any online TV guides yet

Reply #464232 | Report this post

ClownDog  
Years ago

(Except for the usual Fri/One and Sun/Ten two hour blocks)

Reply #464235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No official TV schedule info from NBL or Ten with only 72 hours to go. How do they expect casuals to tune in. Sigh.

Reply #464240 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

On my tv guide Thursday nights game 6ers vrs tigers is live at 7pm and Friday i assume it's live due to time difference Perth vrs Wollongong starts at 9pm but Sunday says game 2 of wollongong vrs perth at 2:30 and i can't find the tigers vrs 6ers game anywhere

Reply #464247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bk Tigers 36ers is on Ten (12:30pm) before Hawks Wildcats.

All other games are on One.

Reply #464249 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

thanks

Reply #464253 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/article/id/1cmrcviozwb871e12y343010mp

Reply #464274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 3s won't be shown live as One have scheduled in live Australian Swimming Championships (boring - who even watches it).

Seriously poor by One can't they plan a sports calendar/timetable beforehand so doubling up doesn't occur for live coverage.

Reply #464422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what One will get rid of if Adelaide v Melbourne goes to Game 3 as like I said above swimming is scheduled in. They probably are hoping for no game 3 in Adelaide.

Reply #464423 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

Can't Wait! told all my mates at school to watch the games I will be watching everyone!

Reply #464487 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Same here Luke! I checked guides and up here in QLD everything is live and Sunday looks good with a game live on Channel 10 then straight after that game there is another live game on ONE HD!

Reply #464496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Thurs Fri Sundays are live but Tuesday is an issue if Game 3 in Adelaide is necessary.

Reply #464655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casuals seldom check a TV guide.

Reply #464666 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754