Jack Toft
Years ago

Semi 1: Sixers v Tigers

Whack on a loose shirt and take your belt out a notch. Finals action is here and the Sixers are back in the thick of it. You can take your plate up for a pile of prawns, or just bring your chair up to the buffet and gourge. Last week was a dead rubber and Chef Joey managed to serve up to Sixers fans a tantalising Tiger Tail Soup. He was hoping to serve up Tiger heart Soup, but sadly was unable to find any Tiger heart.

The Tigers may have shown their hand as far as how they want to play the finals. I thought Tigers played the man too much. Like most fans, I am convinced Goulding is the Tiger to tame in order for the Sixers to get this semi finals series. He has had a great season & leads the NBL in scoring and. Off to the stats.....

In Tiger wins: Goulding scores 27 ppt (nearly one third of their score), up from 19 ppg (24% of their score) in their losses. His FG attempts per 40 mins is about the same per game, but his 3P% goes from 28% to 41% in their wins. Interestingly, in losses he scores 91% FT%, but only 73% FT% in wins. His scoring output against Perth and Adelaide (P&A) during the season was down 34% compared to the other teams. His fouling rate is 27% higher against Perth and Adelaide so is that frustration kicking in? Comparing P&A vs not P&A over the season: TO's up 16%, BL down 64%, ST down 55%, AS up 13%, TR down 50%, FGA down 27%, FTA down 47%

Seems Perth & Adelaide have an effective Tiger taming programme. Maybe the play of coming off a (moving) screen for a catch and shoot has been sussed out. If Goulding fails to ignite, who else on the team will step up? Wortho? Some have labelled him the laziest man in the NBL and I was going to look at his stats, but meh…….

Interestingly, both Wortho and Morrison score more in their losses than their wins.

In the evening slot Tigers are 8 from 13, Adelaide 13 from 18, but are 13 from 14 at home this season. It’s hard to win in Adelaide and it’s hard to see the Tigers getting the first game at the Arena so I think the Sixers will go to Melbourne one up.

Topic #34037 | Report this topic

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

Expecting nothing less than a sell-out game in Adelaide.

Reply #464471 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

If Big Red can stay out of foul trouble, his recent form suggests that he and DJ can and will create a lot of headaches for Chris Anstey in the next week.

Looking forward to having Gibbo and Mitch back. I understand Gibbo will suit up on Thursday night (he said as much when guest commentating on One on Sunday). Any word on when Creek will be back?

Can we get a full house?

Fun Fact: The first 36ers game I attended was 20 years ago, the first game of the 1994 Semi's against the Melbourne Tigers. Andrew Gaze fouled out, Mike Dunlap jumped for joy, and Mark Davis had his shoulder dislocated. Adelaide won the game and went on to win the series.

Reply #464493 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Big Red will be a massive headache if he gets the minutes he deserves in this series and the refs dont over do controlling the game. His touch has been very good lately around the rim, and Joey finally seems to be confident playing him more than 15 minutes a game!

36ers deserve a sell out, should be a 6ers clean sweep and I dont see this series being all that close at all really.

Reply #464495 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Morrison went crazy early on in the game, but the Tigers REALLY struggled with Luke. They had to resort to pulling him around and so many times her got the board and it was like a Year 7 holding up a ball in front of some year 1's all trying to get it.

Reply #464501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@HoldenV8 Mitch will be back Thursday. He said after the game sunday he could have played but the game wasn't worth the risk. But will definitely be playin in the finals.

Im very hopeful of a sell out. But with the Perth game not selling out, im not so sure if it will. I've already spoken to a couple of members and casual attendees that have said they will not be able to make it due to it being a Thursday night. I understand it was not 36ers who decided game time and I have no problem with the night...I mean even if you're working...whats wrong with a 'sickie'. Im sure no matter the official attendance the place with be pumping!

Reply #464502 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Can't see sixers losing this one...

Reply #464503 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Sixers at home are going to be too much for melb and while I think they will win in 3 games I wouldn't be surprised if they swept them 2-0.

Reply #464530 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Trainings could impact numbers a little but would be surprised if less than 7000

Reply #464537 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Any reputable club would give their player the night off of training if they have tickets

Reply #464546 | Report this post

CABL NEDIA REP  
Years ago

You forget a large margin of youth play Thursday nights

Reply #464551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game is highly, highly unlikely to be a sell-out, let alone a 3/4 full!

Ticket sales are way down and the club is hoping for a strong walk up crowd to bring the numbers close to 5.5-6k - if that!!

36ers members need to be aware their season pass DOES NOT include finals tickets. Apparently the take up of finals tickets from season tickets holders has been very poor.

Reply #464585 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Semi-finals are generally amongst the lower drawing games of the NBL season, particularly on a weeknight. While the games on the weekend should draw reasonably well, next Tuesday will be mighty tough for Perth and Adelaide to get their usual crowds in.

Reply #464586 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

The high ticket price for the finals doesn't help crowd numbers. Do these games cost the club more than regular games?

Reply #464589 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

IMO it's all about supply and demand. They have the product that we want as fans, FINALS!! Pay a premium, they're hot tickets in the States so I can't see why they're not here too!!

Reply #464606 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ninenews at 36ers training yesterday reckon sixers are confident Creek and Gibson are playing.
I think they should be enough to improve us from the last game and Goulding unlikely yo make fifty.
Refs will call every reach in early , then let it go later...frustrating...

Reply #464611 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

@RG http://www.adelaide36ers.com/article/id/d2y83g5859bm1kp1l1pbqn7ue

I blame ONE and 10 for the game being played on a week night, NBL has to bend to the will of the broadcaster just to get a game or two live on TV.

Reply #464613 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Ticket prices are all relative. Considering it's been a dry spell, worth every cent.

Reply #464625 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Should be Sixers. Reckon this series will go the distance. Melbourne have been in fine fettle lately, so they should get Game 2. But I can see the series going down to if the Sixers guards can keep Goulding from having a berko game.

Not sure which of you or Adelaide I'd be less nervous about playing; wish Sydney had taken third, they've been our bunnies for years!

Reply #464629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm glad the game is on Thursday night - I wouldn't have been able to attend on Friday/Saturday.

Reply #464630 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Re: low ticket sales. Maybe some Sixers fans just forgot playoffs were still a thing?

Reply #464631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Juniors training Thursday night. Juniors pay Friday night. It seems they train or play every night of the week. Always an excuse for poor Sixers crowds.

Reply #464653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 1 live 7pm Thurs night on One.

Reply #464656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was a bit disappointed that as a member we pay the same as general public for tickets. I'm going to game 1, if there's a game 3 I'm saving my money for a potential grand final.

Reply #464664 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cmAwrn8g30

36ers Press Conference - Semi Finals 26/03/14

Head Coach, Joey Wright and Captain, Adam Gibson speak to the press before Game 1 of the NBL Semi-Finals for season 2013/14.

Reply #464665 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The scenarios for the Sixers:

1. WW
2. WLW
3. LWW
4. LWL
5. LL

My probability of each scenario:

1. 60%
2. 18%
3. 12%
4. 5%
5. 5%

Reply #464679 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Looking forward to this series but the result won't really matter, as the winner of the other series will take the GF anyway.

Reply #464680 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I'll pick option 2 Jack.
What are your odds for Perth series?

Reply #464681 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

From a Perth viewpoint:

1. WW
2. WLW
3. LWW
4. LWL
5. LL

My probability of each scenario:

1. 67%
2. 17%
3. 9%
4. 4%
5. 3%

Reply #464682 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

Adelaide 2-1
perth 2-0

grand final perth 2-1
Bert.

Reply #464695 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Go Tigers
A team that plays well on the road
Hopefully Tigers 2-0

Reply #464700 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh dear, I think we finally have a Tigers supporter on the forum. Welcome!

From whence did you come?

Reply #464703 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Will be a tight series. The key is to keep Goulding quiet and hopefully Gibbo can be in the same form he was in before his injury.

Wortho loves the big games and playing in Adelaide so I hope he hasa quiet one tonight!

I cannot see Perth being troubled by the Hawks and see this ending in a sweep.

Reply #464725 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Tips on what the crowd numbers will be? I'll be very disappointed if it's not 6,300+

Reply #464739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET
Was down at the arena this morning buying my tickets and it is under 4000 at the moment

Reply #464744 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Semi-Finals are always a bit of a downer crowds-wise.

Reply #464752 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Who buys a season ticket then doesnt buy a playoff pass! Its like courting the beauty queen all night long getting her home...... and tucking her into bed before going out and sleeping on the your own couch! Get to the game, itll be a cracker, Marty and Radford wont be there so never fear itll be a big 6ers win!

Reply #464755 | Report this post

i carumba  
Years ago

don't drive along findon rd kidman pk - night roadworks are agonizingly slow

Reply #464761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I implore all 36ers supporters to get pre-game drinks or a meal at the Findon Hotel beforehand.

My brother works in the kitchen and complains about how busy it is on 36ers game nights.

Make him earn his money people!

Reply #464783 | Report this post

i carumba  
Years ago

+ 1 mate - findon is good value and supports local bball (worriers sponsor?)

Reply #464785 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Im assuming the lowerish expected turnout tonight might have something to do with the AFL Showdown in Adelaide on Saturday night consuming all the attention in the news?

That would be about right. Another reinforcement that the NBL cannot go up against the AFL. I feel for Adelaide people that either don't like footy or hate both the Crows and Power, it must be unbearable right now ;)

Nathan and Paul are right though - Semi Final games are typically a hard sell. Maybe due to the uncertainty as to when the game will be played, a weeknight game, increased prices, live TV, and that members need to purchase their tickets along with the general public make it more challenging than a regular game.

Reply #464809 | Report this post

Number 44  
Years ago

Footy season is back. Less interest in NBL.

I have chosen to take my family to showdown this week instead of the 36ers.

Plus we should win so there will be more home games in the coming weeks.

Reply #464821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes id take a round 2 game in he footy over a massive final in the bbal... makes little to me! And i love the footy dont get me wrong.

Reply #464822 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Shortening the season by a month ( it drags on ) and not having such a long break in Dec is one way of avoiding clash with AFL.
Of course that is too logical so it won't happen.

Reply #464826 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Really looking forward to tonight! Been a loooooong time since the Sixers played a playoff game and even longer since they looked like winning one! Lets go Sixers!

Reply #464827 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Plus we should win so there will be more home games in the coming weeks.
Boooo! Support them the whole way through!

There's a chance that this could be the one and only 36ers home finals game of the year.

Reply #464830 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Jack, you do realize there are six possibilities in a best-of-3 finals series?

WW
WLW
WLL
LWW
LWL
LL

Reply #464839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Light weight supporters, if you dont make it tonight, the team has been assembled to win, based on fan feed back from how bad the roster has been for several years. The 6ers have kept up their end of the bargain, its on the fans now.

Reply #464842 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No win is guaranteed. Need to support the boys and get loud. Wind up those Tiggers then send them packing with their tails between their legs.

Even if the Sixers get the win, Tigers play poorly in the afternoon slot and may not have their head in the game after tonight. There are a lot of over-emotional players in that team likely to crack under pressure. There's a high chance that the Sixers will seal this series 2-0. If that happens, the next game will be G2 of the GF series and a long way away.

It's a Thursday night "any coach who who drops a player for not turning up to mid-week training this week is a bum"

Reply #464843 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Playmaker Mo,

Yeah,

but WLL was rating so low. The probability was about as low as Ricey getting a triple double in his return game of ABL. Could happen.....

Reply #464849 | Report this post

Pump Room  
Years ago

it was 8 years since we last saw a home final , 12 years since our last home final win. Never count your chickens people we dont know how rare tonight may be

Lets go SIXERRRRRSS

MAKE SOME NOOOOOOOOOOOIISE

Reply #464851 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

Rets ro Rixers ret ro

Reply #464852 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I was an avid Dragons fan and long for the day, meh, right now Jack you have inspired me to watch this first final on the TV with greater enthusiasm than expected, well done in pumping it up ol' chap!

Reply #464853 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Is this "ret row" business a South Australian inside joke or something?

Reply #464862 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..hope we not too nervous..frye bruton be handy

Reply #464864 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yep it will be pretty disappointing if its not a good crowd. The time and day is shit but given our lean run in recent years and good entertaining season, you would think people would be jumping at finals.

Reply #464866 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I'm predicting an alley to creek in the 2nd on Goulding which will demoralise him so much he subs him self out and the game is ours. He will then also claim to be injured for game 2 as to not be put through it all again

Reply #464867 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I suspect the first semi would have sold out five times over if it had been hosted at Adelaide Oval tonight. Apparently it is the new nirvana. Methinks too many people worship false gods these days.

We might be a small brethern but those there tonight will be loyal and loud.

Reply #464870 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

RETS ROW RIXERS!!!!!

Reply #464872 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

That is Liddy's only line........he must think he is funny

Reply #464874 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good opening first period.....from both teams. Can they keep up the pace?

Reply #464877 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

From what I can see on One, the crowd is around the 5-6,000. Not bad for a Thursday night. Vocal too, as usual :)

Reply #464878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty disappointing crowd, especially when you consider fans in Adelaide have been moaning about being starved of finals action for so many years.

Reply #464882 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Standard crowd for a SF, always close to lowest of season.

Amazing missed goaltending call, after a good year for the officials tonight has been a step back.Luckily Adelaide have been far too good so it hasnt had an impact.

Rhys Carter turning it on!

Reply #464889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replays showed that wasn't a goal tend by Schenscher.

Great win 36ers!

Reply #464890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GE Money was just ballin tonight too, what a signing he's been.

No live stats/boxscore? Come on NBL it's the bloody playoffs!

Reply #464891 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Replays clearly showed he hit the rim, that's a goal tend!

Reply #464892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd 3865. Very poor for a ten year wait.

Reply #464894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Plus we should win so there will be more home games in the coming weeks."

If you lose both Games 2 and 3 how are there more home games. That's one, if you win another one. that's it. wow that's a lot... not

Reply #464895 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Rebounds Tigers - Rebounds
Tomlinson was the Tigers top rebounder??

Reply #464899 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If Adelaide keep shooting the ball like that they'll be hard for anyone to beat. What an impressive display. Rhys Carter in for Jarrid Frye seems like a pretty good move right now!

Reply #464901 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It looked like there was closer to 4,500 than the 3865. So that's very disappointing. I guess that's essentially the number of "passionate" 36ers fans then.

Having it on a Thursday is not great, particularly at 7 instead of 7:30, and particularly when the hottest ticket in town is the showdown at the new Adelaide Oval.

The noise of the crowd and atmosphere really was amazing though, imagining a 7,000 crowd, the noise would make people deaf... Really did make for an awesome game.

The shooting was terrific, 53% for Adelaide, Melbourne shot very well too. The 3 point shooting was a stand out, Carter had game-winning type match, I love the guy. Great defence, great shooting, always makes a difference. Goulding with that scorching start, thought he would be on his way to 50, was freakish.

Refs were pretty average, close to bad. Missed Schenscher put his hand through the rim to tip the ball out (lol). Made some other pretty bad calls and omission of calls.

Does anyone know what set Gibson off? He abruptly punches (it looked like it) the Melbourne guy in the stomach, something must have happened.

Reply #464902 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

I hope Melbourne get the same home court calls on Sunday, the better team on the night won tho

Reply #464906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin 27pts, 7ast, 6reb, 2stl, 9/15 fg, 5/10 3pt

Reply #464908 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I wouldn't call the refeering tonight to have been 'home court calls'.

Apart from the Shensch interfering with the basket non-call, I think quite a few of the boo's by the Adelaide crowd against Melbourne was legit.

Reply #464909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also loved Carters efforts at both ends, hope we can keep him long term this time round, always been a fan.

Also great game by GE Money!!! Thank you for coming to Adelaide has been a major factor in turning our club around! Also hope he plays a few more years in 36ers colours!

Loving this team!

Reply #464911 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I'm predicting a sub 10k crowd for Perth tonight. I have look at ticket sales and it is looking that way. Also a crowd around 3000 for Wollongong on Sunday.

Reply #464912 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Let's face it, Melbourne were very ordinary and failed across the board. You can't rely on one play to score all your points. I hope Anstey doesn't realise that until this time next week.

Didn't like the elbows on the screens or the nasty little jabs. The only thing missing was a sharpened toothbrush in the toilet block.

Vintage Ballinger last two games. Looks like the only Tiger with a heart wanting to play the game as it should be played.

Hard to see the Tigers turn it around, doesn't really matter if they get game 2, they can't win at the Arena.

Reply #464915 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The Tigers' issues was with D and tempo control. Once Adelaide got hot they got almost no scoring from their defence. Will be interesting to see what adjustments they make.

Reply #464917 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

@Jack Toft - totally agree about the elbows. Goulding was a disgrace both coming round screens as well as on the drive. No idea how he got away with it all night! Wouldn't be surprised to see a broken nose next game with those elbows flying around....

Reply #464919 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

There were two key calls that went against the Tigers in the first quarter that completely changed the momentum of the game. One being the offensive foul on Wortho when he bumped a player who was in the circle, the second when I think Creek ran into Goulding and got 2 shots for the Goulding blocking foul which should have been an offensive foul or at worst a no call. At that point Tigers were up by close to 10(?) and looked like making it 20, from which Adelaide would not have come back.

Reply #464920 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

The crowd numbers did seem disappointing at first, but it was first game back since I couldn't even remember (at least a couple of years) and my goodness, I don't think the crowd ever got enough of it. Absolute fantastic atmosphere throughout the whole game. Hope to go at least one more time :)

Reply #464923 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Also thought it was a bit rich DJ and GE flexing their muscles in the last quarter after Teys and Carter did the hard yards to get them in that position.

Reply #464924 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Great game by the real MVP of the game Carter.

Reply #464925 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Seriously Adelaide, population of 1.2million and you can't get 5000 to a playoff game?

Reply #464926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the !! Anstey... Nate cramping left on, no McMillan and Ballinger hardly seen in 2nd half... All about Goulding and no heart..... Too much sulking, poor body language from Worrho looking for the free gives and looking disinterested. Bad attitude with the roughing up and overeactions...Farrakan , Greer , Odigie underused with a tired 5. ..... All to Sixers Advantage... Predict all done in 2...

Reply #464927 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Wilson Sting, we might not be able to get 5,000, but the 5,000 who were there were loud and they were best looking 5,000 supporters. Actually sorry, 4,996 - I spotted 4 Tigers fans

@Quasi - spot on with the potential for a broken nose. The Tigers were very frustrated and angry. Too many screeners moved their arms in the old push off move.

Is the only way Goulding can score a catch and shoot fade away on the 45 coming off a moving screen?

Reply #464928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers would be a good team, if they had a good coach who could instil a good attitude into his players...especially wortho...leagues biggest sook and waste of talent.
If Goulding is to stay in the NBL next year he would be doing himself a favour by getting out of the tigers and into a team with a good coach. Anstey will only hold him back.

Reply #464929 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Wilson: Thursday night,and early meaning many can't make it in time from work, or have a big day next day. Plus a lot of bballers have training, and the big showdown on the weekend which a lot of people decided to spend their money on instead. Yes, it's still very disappointing the crowd, but the atmosphere was amazing. Loved every bit of it.

Reply #464931 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Wilson, you're dreaming if you think the Sixers would've laid down and died if the Tigers extended the lead a little more in the first quarter.

The Tigers started hot, but a lot of that was due to a poor decision by Joey to start with that 3-2 zone (trying to counter the size advantage Wortho would've had on Teys in straight up man). As a result, Goulding got a couple of easy, wide open looks and he was off to the races for a bit there.

Once Joey made the adjustments, Goulding was largely shutdown. He had 13 at qtr time and then barely scored until the last quarter when he nailed some free throws.

Tigers are too dependent on Goulding and don't have enough depth to run with the Sixers all game. You could see Goulding, Walker and Tomlinson sucking it in during timeouts in the last quarter.

Reply #464932 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I agree Tigers are too Goulding-dimensional and Carter especially did a fantastic job on him.

Reply #464933 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Was it a calf strain or simple cramp for Tomlinson? Doubt he'd continue playing if it were serious.

Reply #464934 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Oh yeah and while I agree Carter helped turn the game for the Sixers, you're selling Ervin very short there Wilson. He had a big game tonight. Whenever the Sixers needed a basket, Gary was there knocking it down.

Reply #464936 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Tigers have a good nucleus now though. They probably need to cut Worthington adrift and spend the money on a better second import. Goulding is far and away the best Aussie shooting guard in the league and Tomlinson and Walker are solid players to build around. (Though someone needs to tell Walker that charging flat out for a 50-50 ball with a minute left in a 15 point game is really loveable - but dumb).

Reply #464938 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Really wanted to go but had my own game tonight at 7.30. Spoke to a few other at bball and quiet a few said they would have gone also but couldnt.

I guarantee if the game was on a weekend it would have been a much larger crowd.

Reply #464939 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Wilson... If you are just dropping your shoulder and charging through someone, the keyway semi-circle is irrelevant. speak to a referee or read the rules. The Key way semi-circle is for the man attacking the rim, after he has left the ground, to protect his space. Not just any excuse to drop a bloke in the key!

Reply #464940 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The above poster is correct, if you know your NBL rules then you'd find that was a very clear cut charging call. It was about as blatant and easy to call as it gets.

Reply #464941 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

@ Jake, I think your remark about Gordon liddy was a bit unfair. Liddy for all we know could be a guy with special needs lets go easy on the kid.

Reply #464945 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Very entertaining game, pity it wasn't closer, could have been a classic. Many highlights and the shooting at times was out of control, were both teams at over 70% from the field at one stage late in the first quarter, wow...

Tigers I believe they said were 55% from the field and almost 50% from the 3 point line and losing!!

How does that happen.....?

Anyway, if the remainder of the NBL finals are as good as this I will be very happy watching.

Reply #464954 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Excellent games from Ervin, Carter - all of the Sixers. Hugely entertaining game and great finals atmosphere.

Reply #464958 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Fair enough re. the offensive call in the circle, I only saw it live on TV, didn't get a replay. Highlights how dumb Wortho was going for the foul instead of just trying to get the ball in the hole. Also nice block by Teys on Wortho breakaway which unfortunately was called a foul. Looked clean to me.

Reply #464977 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

shit game by Wortho......no where to be seen at either end of the court.

Reply #464983 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Melbourne would have won that with a good coach.

Reply #464991 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed the game and even watched it ahead of the AFL.

Reply #464993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been a bit of Ervin knocker a lot of season but last night played a great team game and no stupid run into a wall attempts with classic shooting from three line.
But Carter was the star at both ends especially closing up Goulding.

Reply #464997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

during 1 timeout in the second half anstey yelled at the players "to wake up" with a few other words also, he then just looked blanky not knowing what to say. Then once the ref blew the whistle he said lets run *** and off they went.
Biggest waste of a timeout as nothing constructive or inspiring and just showed his deficiencies. These guys are pros there not little kids.
Couldnt believe how little he played the bench as they actually played OK on sunday.
loved gibbo trashing odgie and telling him to shoot it and 5 seconds later he did and nailed a 3 with gibbo on him. classic trash talking backfiring.

Reply #465005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You might want to learn the goaltending rule Paul

Reply #465008 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Odigie's second three point attempt not so hot though :)

Reply #465022 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the section on Goaltending and Interference:

Interference occurs when:
• After a shot for a field goal or the last or only free throw a player touches the basket or the backboard while the ball is in contact with the ring.
• After a free throw followed by an additional free throw(s), a player touches the ball, the basket or the backboard while there is still a possibility that the ball will enter the basket.
• A player reaches through the basket from below and touches the ball.
• A defensive player touches the ball or the basket while the ball is within the basket, thus preventing the ball from passing through the net.
• A player causes the basket to vibrate or grasps the basket in such a way that, in the judgement of an official, the ball has been prevented from entering the basket or has been caused to enter the basket.
• A player grasps the basket to play the ball.

Reply #465027 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Melbourne shot 14/23 from the free throw line, If you hit 61% of your attempts your not going to win many play off games, plus Melbournes best player was Tomlinson and he got smoked by GE. I would start Balls next game ahead of wortho(looked injured or on a different planet or something) and play walker at the 3. Tigers have to try something different now otherwise it will be all over on Sunday

Reply #465038 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Ima fairly nervous kinda guy, but Teys 17minutes was good and Carters 19minutes very good, as was Ervins 31minutes. I was even more nervous the way Goulding started, but things were pretty good out there.

Reply #465050 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

While watching that goal tend by Schlensser (you know the guy), I couldn't believe the comentry, do they even know the rules those guys on the TV?

Reply #465054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from Aylen who else was reffing last night?

Reply #465076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know ref assignmens for the playoffs?

Reply #465077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"during 1 timeout in the second half anstey yelled at the players "to wake up" with a few other words also, he then just looked blanky not knowing what to say. Then once the ref blew the whistle he said lets run *** and off they went.
Biggest waste of a timeout as nothing constructive or inspiring and just showed his deficiencies. These guys are pros there not little kids.
Couldnt believe how little he played the bench as they actually played OK on sunday."

Another dud like Heal. Looks nervious during games as well, no confidence because he knows he doesn't know what to do. Constantly talking to DMac before the huddle to give him a clue on what to say. Problem is DMac isn't exactly star coaching material either. What a circus.

Reply #465078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reid and Hogan

Reply #465084 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:44 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754