Anonymous
Years ago

SA U16B State selection

Once again it appears that talent and effort mean nothing with the under 16 boys team for the upcoming nationals.
Players have been cut over recent weeks as long as they are not from a certain club. Again this week the players cut were not from this BIG club but were the players that beat them only a couple of weeks ago in a grand final.
Still the largest group of players left in the group are from the same club as the last few years - Hopefully I'm wrong but if you keep doing the same thing you get the same results. How have the last few years gone?

Topic #34077 | Report this topic

Ganymeade87  
Years ago

Not very well. It is run by people who have limited insight beyond their very small pond and I doubt may of them have travelled beyond Australia to see how it really works.

Reply #465610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same ip?

Reply #465614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And proving why you shouldn't have made the team if your going to sook about it when held of your team mates are still there.

Reply #465615 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

"Not very well. It is run by people who have limited insight beyond their very small pond and I doubt may of them have travelled beyond Australia to see how it really works."

Well its the Nationals, not the Internationals so why would they need to leave the country? Sour grapes?

Reply #465618 | Report this post

Ganymeade87  
Years ago

Not at all connected to this in any way and have no idea who won the GF or what club we are talking about or who the coach is or care. Just noticed that basketball in this state seems to be very parochial

Reply #465632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure you not.

You just happened by accident to jump on here at the right time.

Keep whinging about tour kids. Cause that will help them. They have 5 in the last 15. Not bad at all.

Reply #465634 | Report this post

know your place  
Years ago

nobody's business but the selectors

Reply #465635 | Report this post

Bogut  
Years ago

Don't know about this particular group but I hope the coaches are giving the bigger kids a good go. We need bigger kids progressing through the elite system. In my experience junior coaches are often too quick to cut the bigger players, because they aren't as skillful as the guards, and keep all the shortys around for too long or even try to take them to a tournament only to realise they can't compete.

Reply #465647 | Report this post

Bball is fun  
Years ago

At the end of the day it really is simple. The players that have been cut will simply need to work harder. Over the course of the season they can then strive to prove to those coaches that they missed an opportunity in not selecting them.

Reply #465679 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sounds like a few we're cut from up north I dare say.

Reply #465705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, Centrals people sure are sooks. Never lost a game without it being the refs fault or due to injuries. Unjustly cut from state. I'm stoked these whingy parents won't be around throwing players and staff under the bus at a tournament!

Reply #465722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure who has been cut or not but I am guessing Sturt kids got in over Centrals kids in some cases. We play both teams and they are both too good for us but Centrals at full strength are a step up on Sturt. If more Sturt kids are in does this mean Sturt has no depth or does it mean that Centrals have the better coach?

Reply #465786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Means that a couple of the smaller Centrals kids didn't make it, over the west, centrals, and sturt guards who are all bigger and better players.

Reply #465790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I noted that Centrals zoned for the whole of the grand final (and Sturt could not consistenly beat it, so no slur on the coach at all). Maybe the state coach is looking for players who can defend man-to-man?

Reply #465792 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Coaches obviously knew what they were looking for. Better luck next time. If you're whinging, deal with it and move on!!!

Reply #465800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe we also need coaches and players who can handle a zone?

Reply #465804 | Report this post

Bball is fun  
Years ago

As a parent of one of those cut - and heavily involved with Centrals, some of these comments are once again very funny .
I love people hiding behind 'anonymous' but happy to cast comments about Centrals parents being sooks etc.
As per my previous comment on here players (like my son)will just need to work harder if they have future aspirations. There are many hard luck stories and there will be more to come.
I'm impressed with where Centrals are at the moment as a club and are proud to be an ongoing part of it and watch my boys progress within a positive, successful club.

Reply #466054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does any one have a list of boys still in the squad

Reply #466087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bball is fun - Centrals parents are cast as sooks primarily as they often come on here and sook! When they aren't they are chest-beating. This thread was started by a Centrals person - so it's funny with trying to play the victim card on behalf of Centrals.

Reply #466121 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I agree anonymous. Centrals parents start it then want sympathy lol. Probably the same person writing the posts. Very amusing!!

Reply #466188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha yeah and Sturt never talk themselves up on here hey!

Reply #466302 | Report this post

Juno70  
Years ago

Bball is fun - classy post. Good luck to you, your sons and your club.

Reply #466303 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Perhaps we follow the AFL new directive but go a bit further and 'disallow' all scores and Premiership Tables for groups below U18
Would save parents having to 'hide' instead of fronting up for scoring roster duties.

Come to think of it, 3/4 of posts here would disappear, so disregard that and get into the poachers and umpires friends as usual!

Reply #466304 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Perhaps we follow the AFL new directive but go a bit further and 'disallow' all scores and Premiership Tables for groups below U18
Would save parents having to 'hide' instead of fronting up for scoring roster duties.

Come to think of it, 3/4 of posts here would disappear, so disregard that and get into the poachers and umpires friends as usual!

Reply #466305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Bball is fun.

Reply #466363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BBall is fun - perhaps tell this to your fellow Centrals parents on Friday night!

Reply #466542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Centrals need to get their coaches in the state program or NITP and then this obvious selection error will be rectified in the future

Reply #466626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except that if you talked to most people they would say it isn't a selection error at all. Just a parent who doesnt accept that their kid isn't good enough.

Reply #466667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course if you ask people south of Greenhill Rd they will say that!!

Reply #466671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals having more coaches in NITP won't change anything. That has no bearing on the kids selected in a state team.

Reply #466674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speak to most people north of Greehill Road and you will get the same response. Just not from a parent!

Reply #466675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The OP will no doubt still sook.

Reply #466695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive just stumbled on this and all I can say is... WOW. Especially to the original OP.

Having been involved in this process before I just want to say well done to the super talented kids in the squad, the hard working volunteer coaches. Representing your state is an honour and amazing experience. To the kids in particular none of the petty club crap perpetuated these sad souls matters. Play hard, play your best and have an amazing experience with your team mates. Do your parents, family and the bulk of us back here proud!!!!!!

Reply #466713 | Report this post

aware  
Years ago

WOW = sturt

Put up the double blue flag on this on. Adelaide is who knows you and who you know combined with a squeaky wheel. Super talented no doubt but no new talent gets a look in, I would have thought a couple of centrals would have got in before some of the rangers. Where is the squad list?

Reply #466815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corrcet me if I'm wrong, but aren't there still 5 Centrals players in the squad? They had eight players in the grand final which I assume is their full team. 5 out of 8 still in the squad is pretty impressive. What's all the fuss about?

Reply #466843 | Report this post

EnjoyTheGame!  
Years ago

It's obvious who started this thread. I wish you could understand how your comments have done nothing but hurt your son's chances of getting anywhere .. For two reasons. Firstly, you have not taught him to learn from disappointment and to realize that he just might need to work harder and do some thinking about what he needs to work on. Secondly, coaches see him as a whinger with a parent who does nothing but interfere and make waves. That will come back to haunt him as coaches get sick of this. He has made many squads and should be proud of his achievements, and also be proud of his fellow teammates who have made the squad.

Reply #466844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha it sounds like this ugly parent has been exposed. So glad you are not at my club causing issues!
Good luck to all the remaining players in the squad! Do your best, and don't worry - despite what whingy parents say you will be selected if you are good enough.

Reply #466855 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anyone have a list of whose still in it? Good luck to boys still participating. Disregard negativity of the sore losers. Coaches are not gonna choose boys who are above average. It's about who they think will cut it at State level and give South Aussie the best chance of winning.

Reply #467480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some super talented kids are just too much effort to make it worth selecting! team man - no, works hard both ends -no, parental feed ego - yes = TOO HARD

Reply #467493 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

fantastic insight 493...

we really need experts like yourself to select the team..

Reply #467515 | Report this post

dunkman  
Years ago

The kids that are in are fully deserving and this post has done nothing but insult the ones that have made it so far. Narrow minded parent that can't stand others suceeding. Sad story.

I think the team will do a great job! There is alot of talent there despite what our first post thinks!

Reply #468417 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754