Years ago

GF will juniors still play ?

would seem such a pity if juniors missed out on our only GF for many years - surely we could squeeze the games in Sunday ?

Topic #34110 | Report this topic

CABL NEDIA REP  
Years ago

Contact
http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=13

Heres some supporting documentation
https://www.facebook.com/BasketballSA/photos/a.475831212505174.1073741826.475767922511503/613095405445420/?type=1&theater

Reply #466607 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Great use of social nedia.

Reply #466608 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #466617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#110 Except that weekend is start of school holidays and playing on a Sunday will cause some issues for those leaving on holidays and potentially for country players

Reply #466623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reschedule the games for later in the season!

By all means use the excuse for a regular season game that hardy any of the district players/parents attend NBL games, but for a grand final!? Come on, BSA would have to be totally out of touch to play junior games on the same night as an NBL Grand Final.

If they can cancel or reschedule games for hot weather (usually a couple of days' notice) then they can surely cancel reschedule games for an NBL final (the game is 9 days away)!

Common-sense isn’t something BSA is well known for but, an NBL Grand Final is something nobody should forcefully miss.

Reply #466629 | Report this post

Years ago

seeing it is the first GF for a decade - I think it is worth it.

they rescheduled sat games for country cup and other games cause sa country kids had booked accommodation somewhere

Reply #466631 | Report this post

Just FYI  
Years ago

I know two teams that have already said they'll forfeit if the games aren't cancelled. #commonsensetime #dontbestubborn

Reply #466640 | Report this post

Years ago

whilst a choice - I don't think forfeiting is the answer

Reply #466641 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

My son is going to the Grand Final ,he says there is plenty of games of District every week and NBL Grand Final doesnt happen every week.Our District team has 9 players so one player not playing wont make any difference,my son gets the less court time and others get more .

Reply #466660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think rescheduling games creates too much extra work for BSA so they just can't be bothered.

Reply #466663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They cancel/re-schedule games during the summer for the heat rule, can't be that hard....

Reply #466676 | Report this post

CABL NEDIA REP  
Years ago

Someone should start a petition or facebook spam them with the demands - Boycott power to the people

Reply #466678 | Report this post

Years ago

they rescheduled junior games cause of the riverland junior carnival - surely the first home NBL GF for 10 years is bigger than that

Reply #466679 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You would think that it would be easy, but each time I mention it on here I get attacked by an anon poster.

Reply #466681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No its not easy to organise.

But yes in this case it should be done.

Reply #466685 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Paul's not going to post under his name on this forum Jack..!!

Reply #466686 | Report this post

happy larry  
Years ago

Bearing in mind that BSA specifically requested the local basketball fraternity get behind the 36ers finals campaign, how can they possibly not cancel the games?

Reply #466690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=62&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=932&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=0ad6ceee4d

Reply #466693 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

It may not be easy to organise the whole thing, but its very BL00dy simple to simply cancel the nights games NOW, and then take a month to work out when/where to reschedule them for.

Reply #466698 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

OK I stand embarrassed - I should have read the previous post -

QUOTE :-
District Basketball Games Postponed In Support of Adelaide 36ers Finals Campaign

The Adelaide 36ers will make their first appearance in the NBL Grand Final Series since 2002 and will play their only home game for the series at Adelaide Arena against the Perth Wildcats on Friday April 11 at 7pm.

Given the significance of this event to the South Australian Basketball Community, Basketball SA will postpone all District Basketball Games that are scheduled on Friday April 11 in order to enable as many of our members as possible to attend this historic game and support our State's elite men’s basketball team.

Basketball SA considers this event to be extremely significant to our entire basketball community and while we recognise this exceptional scheduling change may inconvenience some of our participants we hope that our members will embrace the occasion, put their support behind the Adelaide 36ers and help them win the championship for South Australia.

The postponed games will be re-scheduled for Sunday May 4 2014 and a full draw will be available soon.

Reply #466699 | Report this post

No fun  
Years ago

Damn BSA. They postponed the games (per link above). There goes my chance to bitch about it for the next fortnight. No fun. Not happy.

Reply #466701 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Great news.

Reply #466704 | Report this post

Years ago

YEAH

Reply #466706 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754