Anonymous
Years ago

Seabl round 3

Two big results to start the round, the pioneers thumping dandenomg by 27 who had dq and harms back on the floor and nwt handing out 30 point schallacking to Hobart.

Dandenomg now start 0 and 3 not the best start to a title defence meanwhile there grand final oppenent, the pioneers are 4-0.

Topic #34153 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NW Tas look like they will be tougher than expected, good imports and Kyle Clarke looks like he is the best young player in the league!

Hobart clearly had a bad day at the office.

Dandenong played without Hobba and Odigie plus Harms and DQ are fresh off weeks out with injury. Doubt the will be to stressed about things. The went 14-14 last year then won it all.

Mt Gambier looking pretty much as expected. They are the team to beat in their conference.

Reply #467459 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

CoE debuts in review on PnR:

Centre of Excellence SEABL Debut in Review

Reply #467468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hobart didn't have a bad day at the office. Its a bit like NWT, They were lucky to beat spectres and have played albury and Knox.
Hobart have played franga and dandy both pretty bad sides and lost to spectres.
NWT beating Chargers by 30 is terrible. How good NWT is yet to be determined.
Polk will be regretting moving to Frankston I reckon and Chargers rueing the day they let him go, 2 soft imports

Reply #467501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of big name teams really look to be struggling so far this year.

Reply #467594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love to know peoples thoughts,are you better to play local talent and develop your own players or bring in a player for a quick stint in the hope you will win some games?Not that it seemed to work for knox with Magden

Reply #467600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Madgen is a FiFo?

Reply #467601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ has his way with his old team Knox..!

Reply #467603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How has Knox managed to sign Madgen when they already have Wilson and Richards as restricted players? Wilson played tonight, so what is the go with Richards?

Reply #467605 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

Nice crowd at Ballarat, 1112.

Reply #467609 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

Gabe richards is on a injury waver at the moment to allow tess madgen to play

Reply #467611 | Report this post

Big V Coach.  
Years ago

Shanahan was handed his ass on a plate tonight by CJ. No one could guard him - he was out to prove a point. 5 times leading scorer, 2 MVP and starting 5 in the 30 years anniversary team.

Why would you cut him Matt?

Knox lost on the boards - big Lester was sitting in the stands. Karma's a bitch. He would have not let this happen.

Shanahan failed to front the after match? Is it because of the unusual large crowd that turned out to welcome CJ back home. CJ was absolutely swamped with knox people wanting to chat with him in the after match.

I'm guessing Shanahan couldn't handle the embarrassment of seeing CJ and Lester being so popular amongst the loyal Knox people.

Reply #467613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ did rack up some numbers, 33pts 6reb 4ast 8t/os. Kenny also shot the ball well for Brisbane and added 26pts. For Knox, 1st gamer Adam Doyle had 29pts and import Jones had 19pts. Sure was a gurnards game! Interesting to note there were 53 fouls called!

Nunawading got the expected win over Ballarat, with the big 3 Cameron, Conn and McDonald getting it done again.

Sandringham won again, beating Albury who must be getting concerned now.

Frankston pulled off the upset of the round thus far beating Bendigo. The four imports did the bulk of the work.

Reply #467621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Guards

Reply #467622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Canberra beating the red hot Kilsyth may be a bigger upset than Frankston over Bendigo! Tad Dufelmier making his case for best youth player in the league. 1st win for coach McEachin. Some great names from the NBL days!

Reply #467624 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Add Reece Carter to Knox and they won't be so bad.

Reply #467675 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Knox with a pretty good performance against Gee long today.

It's getting harder to pick results this season.

Reply #467679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox have a very good list! Not sure why people think they won't be good. They are not going with a bunch of kids and an import as suggested pre-season.

Two highly credentialed imports, two very talented guards from 36ers and 7ft Justin Brown. Then you add Diamond Valkey/Melbourne Tigers player Greg Page before we get to the Knox "kids" Hare, Aver, Grant and Waterhouse.

This is a group that should make finals and are a legit list to challenge for the crown.

Reply #467686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice weekend for Brisbane! Beating Knox and Frankston on the road and still to add Teys.

Reply #467688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox have a great list, but they're still 0-5.

Reply #467701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have played 5 games without Carter, 3 games without Doyle, 3 games without Graham.
3 losses without 3 starters, not a shock.
2 losses without 1 starter but beaten by some prett good line ups.

Reply #467708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's all good and well but they're already behind the 8 ball, those 5 loss's will hurt them by seasons end.

Reply #467711 | Report this post

BigV  
Years ago

Shock to read the live stats today and see Justin Aver is getting no court time? Name is listed as a captain, last week he shot at 77% against Kilsyth and top scored for his team along with Jeff Jones both with 15.

Reply #467730 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

If you add Rhys back into this group. Aver is already getting no minutes, Hare is going to get junk time and Waterhouse even less. Page will get court time soon when his ankle is not troubling him, but that comes at no surprise for Page to get court time.

Grant is playing big minutes, as they are struggling for height. Good to see him playing well.

(If Doyle, Carter, Jones and Graham all play 30mpg, Brown 20mpg and Grant 20mpg, it leaves 40 mins for Hare, Page, Aver, Waterhouse to share. This would be best case you'd think. More likely the main 4 will play 35mpg.)
- add Rhys Carter into your mathematics.

Reply #467819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Justin is Capt and coming off a knee reco in a team stacked and top heavy with more credentialed guards, sorry but he's playing about as much as anyone else would reasonably expect.

Cant see him, or Waterhouse finding any substantial mins while they have Doyle/Carter/Page in the guard rotation.
Those guys opportunities will come when players are missing or injured.

Reply #467821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another SEABL thread masked as a Knox thread

Reply #467823 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

I'm glad somebody feels bad for these knox kids. They go through the whole preseason working hard on the premise that they are going to get court time only to have late signings that come in and play over the top of them.

Aver, Hare, Grant, Waterhouse. I feel sorry for you boys. Tough situation.

Reply #467804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to move on Graham and Scott.

Reply #467809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grant is playing big minutes, Hare is getting a decent run. Waterhouse is the player suffering the most. You'd think Aver and Page will get more time soon?

If Doyle, Carter, Jones and Graham all play 30mpg, Brown 20mpg and Grant 20mpg, it leaves 40 mins for Hare, Page, Aver, Waterhouse to share. This would be best case you'd think. More likely the main 4 will play 35mpg.

Reply #467812 | Report this post

BigV  
Years ago

Funny people would assume this is Graham or Scott. Couldn't be more wrong. Justin is an outstanding player without any question, he plays with poise and is a smooth shooter.

Reply #467816 | Report this post

amazed  
Years ago

Is Justin Avers Knee reco seriously going to be the excuse for getting no minutes this weekend or just are you just a complete novice about ACLs? He proved himself worthy last weekend and showed hes 100% fine. Considering he did his knee in 2012, that excuse doesn't float with me and no doubt the many players in the league who have done their ACL.

Justin, get out now and find a club who knows your worth!

Reply #467840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are COE playing at just a slow pace?

They should be pushing the ball and running every time.... Like the Grand Valley Vipers in the D League.

Wins/making playoffs aren't the main objective for this team, so why not use the athletes they have, play fast and rotate all 10 players....

What is Lemanis trying to do here?

My basic understanding is that more possessions equals quicker development for each player on the roster....

They are yet to score in the 70s.....

I hope this isn't the future direction of Australian hoops with all the talent we have coming through...

Reply #467845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

h

Reply #467858 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Maybe Aver should have gone with the blue uniform (pardon the pun)when he had the chance.

Reply #467869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then who is it then Big V? By the sounds of it you know the other people having a crack at Shanahan. You're all gutless wonders have the balls to stand up and say who you are.

Karma's a bitch BIG V Coach?? WOW really strong words. Especially from someone who says he is in the coaching fertility.
Shanahan has made change and nobody likes change. The group that was there were complacent and it needed to be done. That group for the last 5-6 years had a budget 3 times more than most other SEABL teams and won the championship once!!! They should of won a lot more than that. CJ is a great player and yes I heard he did give it to Knox on Saturday night. But is he someone thats going to lead your team to a championship? No! CJ is about CJ ask any of his teammates. Listen to Simon Grants interview on SEABL when he is asked the best player he has played with. He answers - Rhys Carter. A guy who only played a handful of games last year. Not Mick Hill, not Sean Carroll, not Lester, not CJ.

You mention Lester, if you knew anything you would know Lester left the club by his choice. Shanahan offered him a spot and he decided and went to Bulleen.
Aver had 15 in garbage time against Kilsyth. He is playing behind Jones, Hare, Carter, Page, Waterhouse hard to find minutes for all. Offensively good. Defensively?

Shanahan has he has put together a nice group. 0-5 isn't a great start but I went to the game yesterday in Geelong and they were the better team for 3 and a half quarters but struggled to deliver in the last 2 mins as they looked like a group that hadn't played together long which is apparently the truth. Once this team gets there full compliment together and they learn Shanahans system they will be a team to watch out for.

Big V Coach reading some of your post you obviously don't have a life and get your rocks off on putting other people down. Is it jealously maybe? What do you coach in the Big V Div 3? I feel sorry for whatever club your with. Instead of just complimenting CJs game you decide to lay the boot into Shanahan. Why? I seriously hope your not involved with my club.

Reply #467874 | Report this post

Well said anonymous. nobody at Knox copes with any sort of change!! I dont have an opinion on Shanahan as a coach but what I know is no matter what he does or what good he brings the haters wont stop hating. That's how they treat em at Knox.

Reply #467876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Dale Ryan is a sneaky smart basketball mind. With him onboard Knox will be ok.

Although man oh man, they have a lot of haters (or one hater over and over again) on this forum.

I'm sick of hearing about their internal issues.

Reply #467877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going to one: note that you are calling people gutless for not saying their name but you did not provide yours?
two: Its not the change that's being hated, from my awareness its the fact he's power hungry and its his way or no way at all, nobody is going to like that no matter what club you are from.

He may have all these great ideas, but has the execution ever happened? why is it he never lasts at any club very long?

That's not Knox talking.
Hes been a club hopper for a reason.

I suggest Matt has a good hard look at himself and how he treats others. That may be the reason he gets so many people offside.

As whoever wrote the comment supporting Matt, is either Matt himself or one of the extreme minority that actually support Matt. As of right now, I don't know many people who actually do. As all the stories over the years have been near the same as to why they are happy to see Matt no longer at their club.

Good riddance.

Reply #467879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox will be better off without CJ, without Lester and without Carroll. it had to be done...time will tell now, they'll be fine.

Reply #467882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shanahan has brought great resources to try and turn the club around. Al Westover boys coordinator, Dale Ryan ass coach and delivering coach the coaches sessions. Senior players adopting Raiders Jnr teamed and Domestic Clubs. Great development programs Morning sessions with young kids etc. Brought back introducing the Jnr Raider team before SEABL games. Im one of the positive Knox people and I have been here for over 15 years. Shanahan comes from a great club in Nunawading which was a club who produce so many great players who went on to play Nationally and internationally in the 80s and 90s. He knows what it takes. Knox best basketball product is David Stiff. Wake up Knox people and start working together and support what you have.
Well done Matt.

Reply #467884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt does have great ideas and that's not the reason people are put off by Matt. He has poor social and communication skills, the ideas are great his treatment towards people isn't as much. This isn't about CJ or Lester. Its about how Matt carries himself.

Reply #467887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should rename this place Knox Sledge Hoops.

Talk about sour grapes and bitterness.

Reply #467934 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Okay 80% of this thread about Knox. Any observations from other games coz this is getting boring.

Reply #467938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane and Geelong had good wins on the weekend.. oh wait... LOL

Reply #467943 | Report this post

sportsfan  
Years ago

anyone notice ballarat beat nunawading in seabl women i look and see some teams have only had wins so far i dont see with the stats theres really a dominate team yet

Reply #467947 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Simon Grant's comments about Rhys Carter over CJ!

C'mom read what its worth - Simon approached Matt S last season complaining about court time - he got to start next 2 games.

Simon trys hard and kisses asses - he has no idea about basketball smarts. His comment is because the guys and coaches he used to play with thought he was immature DH.

This is Simon paying back.

Simon - wake up CJ 5 times leading scorer, 2 times MVP and starting 5 in 30 year anniversary team.

You DH!!!!!! You don't have to keep kissing Matt's ass - its embarassing.

Reply #467980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much hate.

What year were you or your son cut from the Knox program?

Reply #467982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last year by the sounds of it!!!!

Reply #467995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I noticed Ballarat beat a full strength Nunawading women, was a blow out early, very good to watch the girls pull out a good lead but choked a bit in the last, Nunawading made some errors in the last few mins which cost them. Strange subbing and time outs.

Reply #467999 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

@Anonymous #467982.

I played with Simon. He was a rookie who had an immature opinion of his ability. He didn't like his coaches who wouldn't put up with BS. The playing group would hold him to account for his behaviour - and i must say this has been to his benefit given the way he is playing much better ball now.

CJ will call him out at training for sooking up. Simon hated this - he should be thanking CJ for getting to wake up to himself. Ask Simon about the tech foul he got against Dandy last year for being a sooky biatch. Pretty much cost us the game.

Simon has played maybe 10 games tops with Rhys. Yes Rhys is a good bloke - but a better player than CJ?

Maybe Simon got confused with the question - it seems it heard the question to be "who is the best player you have like to play with...?'

I have played with CJ and Rhys - both competent ballers, but CJ is probably the best import to play SEABL in the last 10 years.

His record stands up to this scrutiny - and despite all the myths about his character - I would never hestitate to say he was the guy I knew I could trust to give 100% on the floor whenever we had to play the big games.

Ask Grant Wallace and the Kilsyth boys.

Reply #468059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love Simon Grant,
I think he is a great bloke, has large work ethic. He's great to watch as he just has so much passion.
But I too watching that interview was like wow Simon!
Rhys Carter? He might of been nicer to you, cared more about your feelings. But he's not the best player, not even second best. With the minimal games he played with Knox its not like he did anything outstanding in that time to warrant that comment.

If this is how you get court time, someone should advise Justin to do the same (thats a joke) don't lower yourself Justin. You've proved yourself enough (both ends of the floor) and he's still ignorant.

I think its time some of his team mates and so called friends start sticking up for Justin and getting in Matts ear about why aren't you playing him. Don't be selfish.

Reply #468226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how someone posted "Time to move on Graham and Scott" when clearly the only positive comments about Shanahan on here sound like they are posted by Shanahan himself! Great job on the weekend CJ. As for Simon's interview - was clearly a dig at CJ and a suck up to the coach.

Reply #468254 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Round 3 SEABL Wrap Up up now on AndTheFoul.Net

http://andthefoul.net/archives/8222

Reply #468296 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice work Beth, I really enjoy these write-ups.

Reply #468297 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Cheers Paul!

Reply #468321 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Round 3 Recap is now up on PnR:

SEABL Round 3: Pioneers Take the GF Replay while Several Win Streaks Are Put On The Line

Round 3 kicked off with the Grand Final replay, this time being played on Mt.Gambier's home floor.

Reply #468439 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

You obviously need more Knox discussion on PnR if you want a thorough SEABL coverage LC ;)

Reply #468444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754