RazzieMagoo
Years ago

36ers poisoned!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/sick-adelaide-36ers-mitch-creek-rhys-carter-brendan-teys-expected-to-be-fit-for-game-2-of-grand-final/story-fnii09ki-1226877998784

ADELAIDE is confident a trio of 36ers players affected by gastro in their NBL Grand Final opening-game loss to Perth will be fit for Friday night's must-win Game 2 at Adelaide Arena.

Mitch Creek, Rhys Carter and Brendan Teys were affected by a bug in the 24 hours before the 92-85 loss at Perth Arena.

Creek was the worst hit and played only four minutes, failing to register a stat other than committing two fouls.

Carter was able to contribute at various times, while Teys had a good night, scoring 14 points — nine of them to help keep the Sixers in the contest in the opening half.

"They better be,’’ Adelaide coach Joey Wright joked when asked if the trio would be right for Friday night.

“We had a couple of guys come down which really affect our rotations on our bench.

“It’s a bit disappointing but it happens."

Topic #34190 | Report this topic

Loco  
Years ago

So the rumours were true. Creek looked like a character from the Walking Dead.

Reply #468501 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I can see the Novotel hotel from my balcony....wait, I've said too much.

Reply #468508 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Even more bad news for Perth, Creek who was a dead man barely walking will be alot stronger for the rest of the series. I love the 6ers odds to win game 2 on a side note, the lack of respect makes me rich!

Reply #468509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think poisoned is a bit rich, if it was targeted they picked the wrong guys.

Reply #468517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats rich is the price of food in Perth!

Reply #468529 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You're telling me. Prices of everything are ridiculous. Lucky we're all loaded.

Reply #468531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Kobe24 - I hope you got rich backing the 36ers every week over the last few years.

Reply #468532 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Remember a few years ago the Sixers got stuck in a lift during the Perth heat on game day........where were you that night Situation?!

Reply #468534 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

;-)

Reply #468535 | Report this post

+ -  
Years ago

@situation, you're broke as fuck and you know it. It's always the ones who talk money have none ha ha

Reply #468540 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Interesting.

Reply #468542 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Everyone knows you bet AGAINST a Clarke Radford team! Ahh so many loaded douche bags oin the world, always the way... enjoy your $25 sandwiches.

Reply #468546 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Why would Creek be stronger for the rest of the series? He's coming off a bad bout of gastro, that sort of thing has lingering effects. Won't be helped by the two short turn arounds/3 games between Mon-Sun. Pretty unlucky, really, especially given the decision to replace Frye with Carter.

Reply #468551 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Enjoy your $25 weekly rent assistance.

Reply #468552 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Now some of the sixers fans have verbal diarrhoea

Reply #468553 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

If Carter is going to again guard Ennis - let me be the first to wish him a speedy recovery.

Reply #468556 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Hopefully it _WAS_ (food) poisoning really. last thing we want is a viral stomach bug through the whole team... (possibly both Adelaide AND Wildcats even). Court sweepers would get a work out that's for sure :-|

Reply #468581 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Gatstro hardly has lingering effetcs. Point is he was a non factor in gamke 1 and now he will be well health wise, he becomes a factor hence will have a stronger performance than game 1.

Reply #468584 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Gary Ervin was a non factor in game 1 and he didn't suffer food poisoning. The reality is in a grand final everyone needs to contribute and for the sixers they need more than just Teys and DJ. For Perth we need Damo to stay out of foul trouble. I'm sure Ennis will thrive on the attention the sixers crowd give him.

Reply #468589 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Why will Ennis thrive on the attention? He hasnt been booed yet all season, so who knows how he will respond. Didnt seem to respond to well to the news he was 3rd in MVP voting. Someone who thorws a tiff like that, may care more than you give him credit for as to how his status is percieved.

As for Ervin, yeah not due to gastro, but would be rare for him to have 2 bad ones. 6ers have to feel very good about themselves falling by 7 and having so many key players playing like dogs!

Reply #468591 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

What are the odds on Adelaide winning the next two anyway?

I plan to bet the house, triple up and buy a smaller place in Perth.

Near the Novatel.

And keep a watchful eye...

Reply #468594 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

At the start of the series, the Sixers were paying $6.75 to win 2-1. I don't know if they will take that bet now that the series has started though (not much of a gambler).

Reply #468596 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

sixers paying only $5.00 to win the title

Reply #468599 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Best bet on any of the remaining games into go eith team, choose your poison, to get within single digits. 6ers covered the line in game 1, cant see any of the next 2 as blowouts.

Reply #468603 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

hmmmm I always suspected it was Situation in the Kitchen with the tainted salami..........

Reply #468607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

line was -6.5 Wildcats & Sixers +6.5 for Game 1 so how did Sixers cover the Cats did

Reply #468614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"36ers poisoned" sounds like a Sixers fans version of "they turk our jerbs!"

Reply #468622 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I saw them at 7.5 on sportsbet mustve come in.

Reply #468688 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Poison" would be a fitting song to play for the team intros. Would get the team pumped, and also most Adelaide women look like Alice Cooper.

Reply #468690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because a person who has the nickname 'the situation' and acts in such glas hlaf empty way towards life, has the audacity to even consider dogging any woman. Your a lost cause champ, you internet warrior you!

Reply #468699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'VE been to Adelaide a few times and in my honest opinion the women look more like Dame Edna than Alice Cooper

Reply #468700 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Watch out Adelaide - All your base are belong to us

Reply #468707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see The Situations girl......
To quote Homer Simpson;
Zooooooowey Zooooooooowey

Reply #468710 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

I posted this for a good read. You guys are great.

Reply #468713 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Food poisoning in Perth would be a one-off. Food poisoning in Adelaide can be ordered from the menu. In all honesty, it is good to see a country town do so well at the National Level. Two country towns could own the women's and men's crown. Bendigo and Adelaide. In fairness to Bendigo people, by no means am I trying to put you in the same basket as Adelaide.

Reply #468720 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I must say, some of the best steak I've ever eaten has been at The Stag and Sosta.

Reply #468721 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

"Food poisoning in Adelaide can be ordered from the menu."

You can't order it in Perth, it's only fed to the opposition.

:P

Reply #468723 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I heard Perth flew in a chef from Utah to cater for the Sixers.

Reply #468760 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Anonymous....you are very clever putting the same post on two different streams...try a third, go on, dare ya??

Reply #468778 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

This thread has delivered.

I've not enjoyed the Perth rivalry this much since my brother wore his Grace jersey to the member's section, had food thrown at him and Dad physically separated us before I committed fratricide.

That, and hurling the crucifix chain Mum bought me on the floor and yelling "There is NO GOD!" after Jo-Jo English was mauled by Fisher and Vlahov for the no call.

Oh, the memories.

Reply #468834 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Feel free to disrespect our sporting teams but don't start talking slick about the food here.
The Situation all you need to try is Gaucho's & Norberto's Buenos Aires Restaurant

Reply #468852 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

on the subject of Perth v Adelaide ladies..

have you ever wondered why that pile of high vis wear keeps growing in your girlfriends bedroom Situation?

just can't trust those FIFO loving ladies of WA

Reply #468853 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Terrible joke.

Reply #468855 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

about on par with Alice Cooper and Dame Edna jibes...

Reply #468866 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

(thinks: "I actually _DO_ know a lady who looks like Alice Cooper")

(also thinks: "Am i saying this out loud")

oh god I think I am :-

Reply #468877 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:19 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754