Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers Fan Sent Racist Tweets

From Nine News Perth's Twitter:
An Adelaide 36ers fan has been reprimanded, after sending a racist tweet to star @PerthWildcats player James Ennis. #TodayPerth #9News

Topic #34205 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

More classy behaviour from sixer supporters. I guess it fits well with the Club i.e. Wright's and Ervin's behaviour.

Reply #468765 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"More classy behaviour from sixer supporters. I guess it fits well with the Club i.e. Wright's and Ervin's behaviour."

Not sure if troll, or just stupid.

Reply #468768 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Yeah, because the club can really control the actions of its fans.

Reply #468769 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Let's not lump all fans in the same basket just because one bonehead doesn't know right from wrong.

Reply #468770 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers Fan Sent Racist Tweets
More classy behaviour from sixer supporters

Singular/plural struggletown!

Reply #468771 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

Dont need that crap in the game regardless of who u follow. Any perth fans coming over will hear plenty of non racist heckling tho. Come on 6ers!!!!

Reply #468781 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

Typical

Reply #468782 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

It wasn't all sixers fans just one stupid moron. #765.
"not sure if stupid or troll" the answer is both.

Reply #468783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I used the plural form Isaac as I have heard racist comments at a game before from more than 1 supporter - not sure why you chose to query that considering the grammatical mistakes I see on this forum.

Reply #468785 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, everyone's heard unnecessary comments from all sorts of fans. Doesn't mean they start new topics about it or extrapolate for the mention of one story. Lots to focus on with the game itself, IMO.

Reply #468791 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Idiots ....all clubs have them

Reply #468792 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

funny how no other news service got hold of it nor is there a link of what was said. media are scum and only tell half the story. u believe that rubbish, goodluck to ya I say

Reply #468793 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I agree, we shouldn't believe things that appear in local media, or originate from a local media identities who only tell half a story (intentionally), and we shouldn't believe things that are just hearsay, without proof, or from unnamed sources. We especially shouldn't make massive issues out of such unproved allegations when there are much more important things to worry about, like the on court action.

Reply #468798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how some people on here play the "grammatical mistakes"card as to undermind other people on this forum. Its not High school you wont get a good work stamp on your page.
Wankers!!!

Reply #468799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't start the topic but made a comment on the topic and you felt the need to criticise my use of the plural form from an earlier post - just pointing out that it wasn't a case of 'struggletownm' (I'll use your words).

Reply #468800 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

You spelt "struggletown" wrong ;-)

Reply #468801 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

Anon makes a decent point, actually.

Reply #468805 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Just like he threw the trophy? No one seen him do it? Same as the poof that can say that! Pathetic, even perth fans have not done a low blow like that! Extra emotion 4 the boyz to have, just picture game 2. Sad day for the nbl, no one deserves that! No one! That is his job(ennis) he gets paid to win and entertain!

Reply #468807 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I agree about the media 'packaging' their stories in a way to portray people in a negative light. Such as the muck raking journalism about ennis and his trophy. I think he has been treated poorly in recent times and so misunderstood. Dont mistake showmanship with selfishness or arrogance. He was asked to come to this league and put on a show and fill stadiums and he has exceeded all expectations. He has been so good for this league! Hopefully this tweet doesn't taint his impression about aussies and our league and more exciting players of his caliber will want to come here in the future.

Reply #468808 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

At least no one can accuse Cats 4 life of being racist, mainly because no one can understand anything he says.

Reply #468810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is more about how the league is treating Ennis like a protected species in relation to calls and the inconsistency. Then how he revs it up when it is obvious he has been given a free ride. He doesn't need that as he is great. The league has done him and our home grown players a disservice to not only Ennis but Goulding amongst others by glorifying them and giving them a green light to push past the rules that other are made to play by. Their coaches should be demanding that they are treated equally out of respect for the entire league and all the other players who deserve respect too....

Reply #468811 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Get enough people together and there will always be at least one douchebag.

Not cool whoever it was; not cool.

Reply #468816 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Why? U no what i mean cheif! I havnt got spell check unlike u!

Reply #468817 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

^^^ Cant agree with your comment

I have seen games where ennis has been absolutely man handled by two or three players stopping him from getting to the rim and there was no call. Like he should be good enough to make the shot regardless. Also he is so often obviously intentionally fouled to stop him making a spectacular play because the opposition know it will spark the crowd or create momentum for the team. I agree that refs calls should be equal and consistent for all players but to say ennis is a protected species is ridiculous

Reply #468820 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I know what you mean Cats4life!

Reply #468822 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

^^^ most of the time

Reply #468823 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Plenty of bandwagon jumpers come finals; bound to increase the idiot ratio.

Why give it more air time?

Focus on the game.

Reply #468832 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

If that was a perth fan, u guy's would go balistic! Guess we are not that ferral are we? U guy's take the cake, punch ups, kneeinga guy with one testi and now this. Great season, il just get the broom ready i think, don't like ure chances foq tomorow night if the boyz come out switched on.

Reply #468837 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cats4life, this tweeting incident as has been pointed numerous times is an isolated incident and has nothing to do with Adelaide fans.
personally I would like a series sweep but don't expect Adelaide to just hand us the game.

Reply #468841 | Report this post

Rashad- Perth  
Years ago

The last thing you wanna do is make James Ennis and/or any of the wildcats pissed off, its what they thrive on to win.

I agree though, just cause of one idiot doesn't mean the whole 36er fans are a bunch of ferals. Great history and rilvarly between the clubs, just wish the sixer fans would sell out their stadium every game, not just for a grand final!

Reply #468844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ballistic,feral,You,testicle,I'll,your,for,tomorrow, boys

See 'Cats 4 life', English can be fun.

Reply #468845 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Obviously the guy who sent the tweet is an ignorant idiot, but to lump all sixers fans as racist is just as ignorant.
Both teams have moronic fans, posts on this site & twitter shows them in all their glory.
Some banter is all in good fun but a lot of it is cringe worthy.
We're all one eyed supporters of our teams but some just take it overboard.

Reply #468849 | Report this post

Poker  
Years ago

^^^ LOL

Reply #468850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

undermine not undermind

Reply #468894 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The internet is full of racism and stupid comments. There's plenty of stupid posts in this thread alone.

I love how fan bases can supposedly encompass "classy" or "not classy". Adelaide 36ers represents South Australia, Perth Wild Cats represent Western Australia. It's not like AFL where there's 10 clubs representing more micro areas of Victoria where some will be socio-economically lower than others. Both SA and WA, and both clubs would encompass all types of people.

And people appreciate good grammar because when we are reading posts, it's generally better to be able to read with ease. Excessive abbreviations or typos just become a pain.

Reply #468918 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Cats?

*sniff*

Smells like fear.

Reply #468958 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

No Loco - I think Joey might of soiled himself

Reply #468959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kett good grammar important man.
ret ro rildcat ret roe

Reply #468981 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Should just read fan sends racist tweet. Nothing to do with the 36ers... good try though.

Reply #469085 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Joey can't soil himself - he'd ruin one of those spectacular suits and accompanying French cuffed shirts.

Reply #469086 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I agree with you on something Kobe24.

Reply #469088 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

The only thing that annoys me more than racist tweets is anonymous posters!

Reply #469543 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I wonder if the fan who sent the racist tweet is the same dolt who said that watching. Redhage dislocate his hip was "glorious"?

Not judging all Sixers fans the same or saying stupidity is exclusive to one team, just some people need to pull their heads in.

Reply #470001 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:04 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754