LC
Years ago

Big V Round 5 In Review

Big V action in round five saw one of the pre-season favourites in the men's competition, Bulleen, suffer two losses and slip to a 3-4 record as the rest of the title threats continued their strong start to the campaign in both leagues.

Big V Round 5: Big guns keep rolling as Bulleen men fall behind

Topic #34268 | Report this topic

Big T  
Years ago

Bulleen were awful Saturday night, hopefully having Lester in the line-up changes things.

Reply #470545 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Do they have the right coach at the helm at Bulleen?

Reply #470551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they don't. The Bulleen club can not be serious about results, the re-appointment of Kelvin Bowers clearly states that. The coach does his best but he simply does not get results. This is the Bulleen club showing it is not serious about itself and is not results driven.

Reply #470615 | Report this post

DB  
Years ago

Anon 470615

It sounds like you dont know anything about the Bulleen club or KB. I know them well.

This is a brand new team, without their best forward/player in the lineup with only 6 games under their belt. They have been competitive twice against Ringwood. Not bad.

DV game (I was there) was an abhorration but coach can't shoot the ball for the players who were 0-10 in threes until Thadds half time buzzer beater.

Too early to spin the BS about KB, he is a solid coach with a young inexperienced team (together that is. Harsh to judge him now.

That game was definitely on the players not the coach.......

Reply #470661 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I was at Melbourne in 1993. After 5 rounds we were 1-5 and ended up 21-5 in the remaining games winning the NBL title.New teams take time to gel and the worst thing you can do is push the panic button.

Reply #470665 | Report this post

fubr  
Years ago

As per the other posts on same topic ,, Bulleen Boomers take on an undefeated Waverley in the next game. Have been told Lester Strong will be playing.
8:00 PM / Sat 26 Apr at East Doncaster Secondary College (Bulleen home game)

Could be the start of a Bulleen winning run, all the way through to and including the grand final. Now wouldn't that be nice.

Reply #470696 | Report this post

Big T  
Years ago

I'll hopefully get down to that game on Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing what impact Lester can make.

Whitehead was the only player who showed any sense of urgency about the game last week, hopefully that can change. He's more of a coach than KB anyway, more vocal too.

Reply #470718 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754