Isaac
Years ago

Joakim Noah is NBA's Defensive Player of the Year

Noah picked up 100 first-place votes and earned 555 of a possible 1,125 points; each first-place vote is worth five points, a second-place vote is worth three points and a third-place vote is worth one point.

Indiana's Roy Hibbert (166 points, eight first-place votes) and the Los Angeles Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (121 points, eight first-place votes) finished second and third, respectively.
Full story at ESPN

Anyone think it should've been someone else?

Topic #34295 | Report this topic

clarky  
Years ago

I'm a little bit surprised to see that he won by such a large margin as I was expecting a lot of votes to be given to Hibbert, but I agree with this pick.

Noah hasn't really been a defensive standout in terms of statistics (11.3 REB, 1.5 BLK, 1.2 STL) he has been the anchor of Thibodeau's defense all season.
His mobility around the floor, hustle and effort, voice from the baseline willingness to step out and guard players on the perimeter, along with his rebounding and overall defensive awareness and presence are what make him such a standout defensive player.

Reply #471249 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think he deserves it and it's good to see the NBA recognizing those things outside of recorded stats.

Reply #471251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron should have got it

Reply #471264 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Noah deserved to win.

Surprised that Ibaka wasn't in the top 3.
He throws block arties on a regular basis.

After watching James Hardens' 11 minutes of bad defense tape on Bleacher Report, I can say with 100% certainty that he was justifiably not in the running ;)

Reply #471313 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:06 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754