phillip
Years ago

klitchko vs leapai heavyweight world title fight

Not every day we have an aussie fighting for the biggest prize in boxing. Will be a packed house in Germany against Wladimir Klitchko. All fightnight talk can go in here with it on about 8am our time this Sunday.

Can our boy Alex cause an upset?

Lets hope he can take it home..

Topic #34307 | Report this topic

phillip  
Years ago

Who would have thought a former inmate from Logan could become a national hero..

He is truely a role model for young men and is very humble / hardworking.

He also spent a training session with the Logan Thunder Wnbl last season. Photo of him and veal in paper..

Reply #471446 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Ive been looking forward to this fight for ages. Klitschko has a phenomenal record of 61-3 and a far superior reach which is a massive advantage. But he has no chin and despite being undefeated for a decade he cant absorb hits to the head like lesser fighters can. So if Leapai can find a way in and connect with one of his right uppercuts there could be a huge upset on the cards. But its a big IF! Lepai will need to go to work with some liver hits as its his only chance to get close enough and Klitschko will no doubt grapple and hold every chance he gets. It could be an ugly fight but leapai needs to go for the KO to have a chance of victory.
The head says Klitschko in an easy victory but the heart says the underdog Leapai has a chance if he can connect with his sledgehammer for a fist. The only hope for this to occur is if klitschko's preparation in the ritzy austrian alps ski resort finally turned him into a softer version of peter mcnealy and his complacency is his biggest weakness.

Reply #471448 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

To be honest if you hadn't have told us, I wouldn't have known 1) that there's a fight on 2) what the "championship" or whatever is called 3) that there is a good aussie boxer and 4) which of the two blokes is the aussie boxer.

Nonetheless, hope the Aussie wins.

Reply #471452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leapai is just a warm body and will do well if he lasts more than five minutes.

In saying that Hasim Rahman proved anyone can beat the best if like Lennox Lewis did Klitschko treats it as a glorified training session.

I just hope Leapai doesn't do something shameful and take a dive as soon as he gets hit with a good one like Clifford Etienne did against Tyson.

Undercard starts at around 6:30am Sunday with the big one at 7:30am.

Reply #471457 | Report this post

Dane Suttle  
Years ago

Take a dive? You obviously don't follow the fight game at all! Alex wouldn't shame himself by giving anything but his best. He's the most humble and hardworking fighter you'll ever see and fighting for legitimate belts.

Reply #471488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I doubt he would too but what I'm saying is the glare of the world's spotlight can do things to people when contending for the heavyweight championships.

Etienne taking a dive against Tyson, Tyson biting Holyfield, McCall breaking down and crying mid-fight etc. We've already seen the farcical scenes of Briggs trying to 'crash' Klitschko's press conference. Heavyweight boxing these days is more WWF wrestling than boxing.

Good luck to Leapai though $1.5 million if he loses or $6 million if he wins. I hope he has good people around him to give him advice on how to manage that kind of money given he's only a part-time boxer.

Reply #471502 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

oh wow with that kind of purse on offer for a loss
damn im in? where do i sign?
Leapai is a slugger so goodluck to him
may the lucky 1 hit ko gods be in his corner so we can all make some coin

Reply #471545 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

oh wow with that kind of purse on offer for a loss
damn im in? where do i sign?
Leapai is a slugger so goodluck to him
may the lucky 1 hit ko gods be in his corner so we can all make some coin

Reply #471546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/boxing/alex-leapai-destroyed-by-wladimir-klitschko-as-he-lands-just-10-punches-20140427-zr08z.html

Reply #471792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754