Anonymous
Years ago

Patty Mills' start to the playoffs

First two games he is averaging 3.5ppg at 18.2% from the field (15.5 minutes per game).

Definitely needs to lift, and I hope he does.

Topic #34310 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty chokes in big games. he is a hack and history proves it. Goes missing

Reply #471494 | Report this post

SSB  
Years ago

"Patty chokes in big games"

What 'big games' are you referring to?
How many games have you seen him play this season?

Patty has had a great season and a number of times he got the Spurs over the line when they were struggling. His first two post-season games are definitely no good, but I am confident that he will soon make the 'choke / hack' comments look stupid.

regarding: Patty's %
I haven't watched today's effort. But game 1 he was 1 of 4. 2 of those misses were long distant launches in the dying seconds of the quarter time buzzer.

Go Patty Mills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #471496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today he was 1/7

Reply #471497 | Report this post

SSB  
Years ago

Like I said, haven't seen the game yet and you can't judge his game on that stat alone.

It's reasonable to expect that the Spurs will go deep into the playoffs, so its still just the beginning. (for whatever reason Patty has not done very well against the Mav's this season, everyone has a bogey team)

Reply #471498 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I wouldn't call a 2 game sample an accurate guide. He had a shocker today but so did the team, see how he goes over the whole series.

Reply #471499 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's never played in the playoffs before. Wait until their run is over or his poor production is actually hurting his team before you judge him.

Reply #471501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick,

Patty's played more than 20 playoff games before with the Spurs & Blazers but this is the first time he's played meaningful minutes in the playoffs.

Reply #471503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty chokes in big games?! You obviously haven't watched him in th Olypics/World Championships and College!

Reply #471504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The spurs championships hopes rests with Patty

Reply #471505 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

That's what I meant anon. He's never actually been in games before with a definable role and something at stake.

Reply #471512 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Its Patty's team, TD and TP are just decoys.... Please just let the guy play his role. He isnt a superstar but he is decent in spurts. So many threads on his every move.

Reply #471513 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

kobe24: considering he is the only Australian playing minutes in these playoffs, wouldn't it be par for the course that he is a trending topic on an aussie hoops forum?

Reply #471522 | Report this post

Fill Smythe  
Years ago

Anonymous posters should not be allowed

Reply #471532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, Fill Smythe.

Reply #471534 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Mick its not just the playoffs, its when he brushes his teeth... IN THE OFFSEASON! Its a bit much, ok player, but just had enough of sifting through the Mills threads.

Reply #471547 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If people are sick of seeing Mills threads no one is forcing them to read them.

Reply #471548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fill Smythe - can you please explain what the difference is between an anonymous post and posting with a made up name?

Reply #471556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some handles are also anonamous, however an email account can be registered with the provider therefore not quite anonymous. If there is an image as well then the authority behind the site knows the identity by email and possibly name as well.

Reply #471568 | Report this post

kason jidd  
Years ago

Patty is the man. Always at least one hater on here. 2 game sample is ridiculous he has been insane this season.

Reply #471573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of you should be ashamed with your posts.

Patty is a great ambassador for our game here in Australia.

Regardless of who you follow in the NBA, we should give him our unwavering support.

He brings a lot of exposure to Basketball in Australia.

Go Patty.

Reply #471613 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Better game today from Patty. 10 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals in 20 minutes. Road win in Dallas.

Reply #472113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty was super solid. Nice play Patty.

Reply #472120 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Very good game by Patty and the Spurs. Way to bounce back.

Reply #472157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754