NBL Fan
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers Could Play in Darwin Next Season

The 36ers are in talks with Basketball NT to play a game in Darwin next season after the idea of playing a game in Tasmainia was dumped.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/adelaide-36ers-could-play-nbl-match-in-darwin-next-season/story-fnk0b28u-1226895807151

Topic #34316 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

I like this idea as Perth have tried it in the past but I can't see the Wildcats wanting to take any home game away from their loyal supporters

Reply #471592 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

That's a clever idea that I hope pays off. Not bad flying to a sub tropical destination to see a game then spend a few days warming up the body

Reply #471595 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

As a fan living in Darwin, this is great news for pre-season games. Not supportive of losing one game for our loyal season ticket holders during the season, but it will add much needed cash flow into the club if we get a similar to better deal than what the wildcats got.

Definitely make a few of us that live here very happy. Hopefully Boti won't see the person driving him from the airport to his hotel room playing the sixers anytime soon again.

Reply #471597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would expect the cost of the season ticket to be reduced if we get 1 less game.

Reply #471614 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I don't think Darwin will go for it, they got on board the wildcats a few years back, but there's a bit of anti-Adelaide/South Australia history with Darwin. Taipans or Crocs on the other hand could think about a game in darwin.

Reply #471622 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Cairns or Townsville has a opportunity to capture the Darwin market.

Darwin's demographics is more aligned with Cairns. I would have thought Cairns was a lot closer, but Darwin to Adelaide is 3,037 km and Cairns is 2,850 km.

Darwin has hosted pre-season tournaments before. Is that their niche?

Reply #471627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOT HOT HOT

Reply #471640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully they don't hold the fact that (a) we use to govern the NT and (b) we knocked back their request for a team in the SANFL against us.

Reply #471675 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Can you imagine a game in Darwin in January or February? The court would flood and not because of the rain.

Reply #472196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754