Moneyballer
Years ago

Should the 36ers get Chris Warren back?

Remember him when he was at the 36ers. Thought he was pretty entertaining to watch. I wouldn't mind him back next year. He gives Adelaide the shooter that we need. D isn't too flash though. What do you think?

Topic #34323 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

No. Would be a step back.

Reply #471637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely no.

Reply #471638 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

Do people prefer gibson as a pg or sg? His core role determines his starting guard partner..

Reply #471641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Devries would be better!!

Reply #471657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG for Gibbo

Reply #471670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Warren was a decent player and with the less physical league would probably do ok and can shoot the ball pretty well, but was seen to be more of a undersized sg than a true pg, so would prefer a Ervin type if go for a pg (Gibson at sg) or a Devries type if going for a sg over Warren, but at the right price could be decent for a team in the NBL, especially considering he was quite young when he came here and did quite well all things considered.

I like Gibson at PG and was also thinking of DeVries, who someone mentioned above being a good fit for this team, as our biggest weakness was a good outside shooter.

I wouldnt mind seeing them go for DeVries and import sf (who can handle the ball, shot the 3, rebound, play abit of PF)(KB 2.0)in the import spots.

Then id target a big guy who plays inside and works hard at both ends and creates a bit of a presence, the Reesy role, id target Bairstow and Jervis as my first choices for this spot.

Reply #471671 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

No! Step backwards.

The man was fast, but struggle strength wise with the taller blokes.

Reply #471686 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

He was ok but I think Ervin dominates him. No.. step backwards

Reply #471695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, but it depends. If Adelaide say were to sign a marquee player like Newley or import like Sam Young and Warren was the cheaper import option then I would consider it. Other than that, no and I really just don't see him ever playing here again.

Reply #471729 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Warren and Devries are both having very good seasons in Turkey, so it's likely the 36ers would have to use their marquee spot to afford them and that's not going to happen!

Reply #471750 | Report this post

Years ago

i liked warren

Reply #471821 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If the 36ers signed Sam Young, I think I'd probably stop watching games.

Reply #471832 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We got weigh, as a marque player.. From Perth's championship team. Played the League's most minutes. Got 10 points, which is insufficient for an import. We were bottom. An expensive lesson indeed.Stopped watching. 3 imports would be good.

Reply #471851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754