Happy Days
Years ago

Big V Season so far

Thumbs up to Sth Pen men as undefeated as proving us doubters wrong. Thumbs upto Ken Harrington for his impersonation of Lindsay Gaze. Only lasted a half before the top button was undone and the tie at half mast yapping at the refs. Pakenham talk the talk....losing to Mornington by plenty is embarassing.

Topic #34330 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a Rainbow sighting out Pakenham way I hear, only 2 pts on 1/9 shooting though...

Reply #471839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stingrays look to have made great choices with this years imports? They looks to be a balanced outfit that can score and react against the best in the league. Well done to the brains trust down there.

Reply #471930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen to make a huge run home. The team is stacked with talent and once Strong comes in, watch out! There won't be anyone that can guard the big fella in the league.

Ringwood is the best team in the league so far. Streaks above everyone.

Reply #471955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the Stingrays were making a big mistake not wanting to keep Eric Williams. However, Scooter looks like being a superstar in this leag

Reply #471977 | Report this post

fubr  
Years ago

Anon #955 Strong will need to be a superstar to bring them back from the hole they are in.

Reply #471981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strong was almost done at SEABL level, yes he will dominate BigV. LOL

Reply #471982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corio Bay have recruited well again, coaches and assistants have been very savvy, well done to them they will prove to be hard to beat again this season.

Also, nice to see the Supercats Facebook acknowledge the Stingrays coach of the month award, all Geelong should get behind both Associations, until they play each other on court of course, one day!

Reply #471988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see the Stingrays are top of the ABA?

Reply #471995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=872457232770893&id=141222725894351

Reply #471996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice^, so when will we see Jason Reardon in a Stingrays uniform in his official BigV pic, not an old Geelong one? Just asking!

Reply #472004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reardon came to play in a major way in R6

25pts, 15rbs, 6ast, 6 treys and 22pts, 17rbs, 7ast, 4 treys

Reply #472032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't seem to find the ABA ladder anywhere on the internet. I have seen a Big V ladder with Stingrays though, is this the same team? In two leagues?

Reply #472035 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

On top of the ABA!! Is it a ladder from 2006?

Reply #472036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, they claim today to be the hottest ABA team in the region. I guess that region is 2007...
Seems they are ashamed to represent Big V?

Reply #472039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Considering the ABA doesn't exist anymore its quite funny

Reply #472052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2008 was the final year of the ABA.

Reply #472054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like they just don't see the need to merk in with the many divisions of Big V, they are not alone there are they, been happening for a long time in SC level.
And as with many other State Championship clubs (and SEABL) it looks like they are promoting to have the true national championships back which would be fantastic for basketball.

Reply #472055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you talking about?? Don't want to be associated with Big V??

True national championships? We have that already, its called the NBL.

Reply #472073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The second tier obviously (flog)

Reply #472083 | Report this post

Anonymous X 2  
Years ago

Big V and SEABL poles apart. Hopefully they aren't going to have these leagues play off with Waratah, etc for the national title. SEABL winner is the true national champion as it is the true second tier (eg - best club level competition in the country) no questions asked. Big V is glorified domestic with a couple of has-been/never was imports (Occasionally a good import that got conned slips in for a season but then wakes up!)

Reply #472121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big V ain't the second tier "flog".

ABA doesn't exist "flog"

Nobody anywhere is asking for a third tier "national title", flog.

Reply #472144 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Anonymous X2. Ok, i admit I took the piss out of the ABA thing but....

a) SEABL teams couldn't win the last couple of ABA champs they played in, you might disrespect Waratah, but don't disrespect QBL.
b) You obviously see very little domestic, BigV at champ, D1 and D2 is better than domestic.

Reply #472155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Last 2 SEABL Teams to attend the ABA nationals weren't at full strength and treated the opportunity with contempt and were either pissed or hung-over most of the tournament.

Reply #472159 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Of course they were. From memory they said this every time there was an "upset" didn't they? It was always the SEABL line, "our teams don't take this seriously..."

Reply #472160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I can assure you they didn't take it seriously, well the last 2 anyway, just ask those involved. It was embarrassing.

Reply #472162 | Report this post

Anonymous X 2  
Years ago

QBL doesn't rate against SEABL and that is why the best of them want to play in the SEABL. The depth of the competition isn't there. The size of the state doesn't help either as the travel costs are too much for some teams to make it viable.

Reply #472504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:33 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754