Tom
Years ago

Will Jamar Wilson be in the NBL next season

Do you think he would be a fit on any teams. If only he was naturalised.

Topic #34345 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a 9 points wise which will help

Reply #472166 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

with the NBL Vegas Summer League happening this year most clubs will prob be shopping around on their Imports looking for that stud that'll be able to carry their team over the line. Some teams may not want to gamble on a rookie but I don't see Wilson in the same league as Ervin/Jackson/Ennis/Beale/Clark so don't rate his chances of staying in the league unless Cairns want to keep him on in much the same role as he had this season as a 6th man off the bench.

Reply #472172 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm not sure there will be many studs in the NBL Summer League, and it will be tough to get someone above the level of Wilson to compete in a tourny like that.

Reply #472181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul.....really???? there would be no point if you couldn't get players better than Wilson. Wilson's are a 'dime a dozen' in the states mate.

Reply #472190 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am not sure about NBL Summer League itself but the NBL scouts WILL get a better look at NBA Summer League. With Marquee rule coming in etc etc.. I would like to think we could get better imports in the league then Jamar Wilson. No hate on the guy, hes a good player.. But I feel like we should be aiming for the league of players Mystro mentioned at least.. and certainly nothing lower. As a second import he might find a spot.. But I don't like the idea of he is going to be some teams GUN guy. We should be looking above that level for the Marquee or even better import on every team

Reply #472192 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I think we're underestimating the abundance of those kind of guys mentioned above. They are special players on any stage in the world. Mo' money don't mean mo' buckets

Reply #472198 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Overestimating*

Reply #472200 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

That should be the quality of import we are chasing though and not just settling for someone because they are ok not terrible.

Reply #472209 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"I would like to think we could get better imports in the league then Jamar Wilson."

You are talking about a guy who was NCAA Mid-Major Team of the Decade, leading scorer in the VTB United League (third best in Europe) and runner-up MVP here.

Marquee money won't really get better guards than Wilson, the guards in the NBL are already world class, but it might enable more frontcourt players of a similar standard who command more.

Reply #472210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think some have forgotten how good Wilson actually is...

Reply #472218 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree with anons comment and I am one of them.

Reply #472227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will depend on the salary he demands.

It sounds like he won't be back at Cairns. Although I'm not sure what the situation is there.

Wollongong usually go for straight out of college types (salary based).

36ers will probably bring back Ervin.

Perth will try for Beal, after that I wouldn't think they'd look at Wilson (although he has played well against them in the past).

He could be an upgrade over Pace at Tville although Pace was cheap, so that will play a factor. They also already have Norton and Markovic.

Kings will go after Cadee potentially and points wise he could fit as a time share (although salary demands will play a factor).

Tigers have Nate signed I think and Dennis to look at after his injury.

NZ will look at Ced Jackson.

If there is one position with depth in this country it is pg. I'm not sure where he fits without expansion this season.

He perhaps should have stayed and played seabl or gone to the NZ league (for citizenship) although often players don't step down leagues.

Reply #472228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

36ers will probably bring back Ervin.
Goes against what Boti's written up and you'd think he's talked to Wright before writing...

Reply #472241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see Wilson in Adelaide. A great fit for both.

Reply #472249 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Wilson is a great basketball player,his handle on the ball is world class but his decision making at times is woeful.
Fact is he no longer fits the on court style of team that the Taipans are putting together/can afford
(i.e aging aussie/over achieving rookie)

Wilsons on court determination is one of his biggest strengths......it actually turned into his biggest weakness on this roster.

Reply #472251 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think with Adelaide potentially being squeezed by the points cap, a 9pt import like Wilson who is happy to defer to others but act as a finisher down the stretch is a very good fit for them. He's also a good character off the court which might well be on the 36ers' shopping list by the sounds of it.

Reply #472257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Wilson but does he address the issues we faced with Ervin steering the ship...outside shooting?

He does have an uncanny knack of getting to the rim though...

Reply #472265 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

The minute Wilson started on the bench he was never coming back to Cairns. I'm sure he would do well at another team.

Reply #472284 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

The Wilson/McCamey combo never worked and I think that had a great deal to do with Wilson's relatively poor season. No one seemed to know who the go-to guy was in Cairns, with their current guard signings Wilson wouldn't be a bad fit as it would be pretty clear that he would be the man again. But it's not like Fearne to swallow his pride.

Reply #472345 | Report this post

players  
Years ago

Wilson should be a no no for the Sixers, this guy is ruuning away from the sun rather than to it. He is on the downward slope now and you could only expect he would not start to get better, but rather start to decline in ability and skill.

Reply #472348 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

He had a baby last year, I think that'll play a major part in where he ends up. I heard his wife loving Cairns was one of the main reasons he stayed so long up here, but I think they both want to be closer to family.

Great guy though.

Reply #472585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754