Anonymous
Years ago

State Champs Seedings - Due 28/4?

How can the incompetent staff at BSA continue to fail in their service to the people who pay their wage? It clearly states that seedings will be released on April 28th. It's now past COB on April 29th & nothing has been published.

I know people will say clubs have been late with their nominations, so why wasn't there something posted to that effect on the 28th? At least then those looking for the information will understand why it's late.

This by itself is not a huge issue, but when the Competition Manager has not met a deadline in the last 12 months (even those he himself creates) surely questions must be asked about his level of competency for the role? Maybe it is time for BSA to move in a different direction with a capable administrator at the helm.

Topic #34346 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like yourself? Get a life!

Reply #472193 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Just maybe they are still waiting on some clubs to "confirm" so that people such as yourself don't go off when program is changed??
Contact BSA or offer your time.

Reply #472195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats why they call it a draft program so that logic goes out the window...… Clubs may have the seedings already

Reply #472197 | Report this post

Years ago

i was thinking that myself - they should say - "state champs pools and seedings released to clubs" otherwise you think it will be on sportingpulse.

Reply #472205 | Report this post

Years ago

what i would like to know is - a player can not play div 1 for 3 rounds prior if they want to play in reserves.
How can some of these pseudo div 1 teams down the bottom that nominate for reserves instead of state be allowed to do that then ?

Reply #472206 | Report this post

Years ago

more likely to be incompetent staff at club level

Reply #472207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares! Just turn up and beat whatever team you come up against and you should do well!!

Reply #472211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can we be organised if BSA aren't?

Reply #472299 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

Late team nominations are always an issue, which comes down to incompetence from clubs, not BSA.

I don't know this for a fact, but have to believe the delay might be due to late team registration forms (also due April 28th) from clubs. Until the the necessary registration forms are completed, clubs can hardly confirm the participation of their teams.

Ensuring team participation early may reduce the likelihood of re-scheduling games after the draft fixtures are released.

Besides, BSA is late on releasing the seedings and pools, not the draft fixtures. If the latter deadline wasn't met then that would be cause for frustration. Finding out what teams are in your pool is largely inconsequential to families planning their weekend.

Reply #472324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd be more shocked if BSA actually MADE a deadline!

Reply #472367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fine - but why put a deadline at all then? And again, if it's not being met due to the clubs not being organised, why not release something to that effect?

Reply #472373 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

373, I agree that communicating that there will be a delay is better than no communication: in this case I'd imagine that the clubs have been informed what's happening (hopefully). Again, the belated release of the seedings is largely inconsequential to the general public.

What should BSA communicate, anyway? Putting out a message that (certain) clubs haven't got their shit together doesn't help. Unless you're keen on a token, generic apologetic message with no substance I don't think BSA can do much more than prepare for State Champs.

Reply #472383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs not informed.

BSA competitions manager took holidays last week.

Only received a spreadsheet with nominations

Reply #472387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs were told that State Championship Nominations were due 22/4, the Calendar has been incorrectly edited by BSA staff. Any club which didn't have nominations in by the 22nd should have got a call to hurry up or miss out.

Why have a deadline if it isn't enforced?

Why not be proactive and make a call to a club secretary if its not in rather than sit back and blame someone else for lack of action?

That's the difference between good and poor management.

Delaying the release of something which generally causes some controversy such as seedings seems like typical BSA tactics. Too scared to manage the fallout or complaints so delay and release last minute so its too late to make changes. Happened last year, happened for Winter Grading and wouldn't surprise me if this is what is being done right now.

Reply #472401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said.

Reply #472472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cause everyone at BSA was on holidays after Easter.

Reply #472474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cause everyone at BSA was on holidays after Easter.

Reply #472475 | Report this post

These clubs like woodville, norwood, centrals and west believe bsa owes them. They are lazy and poorly run. They dont get nominations in ontime then whinge when they get penalised. Bsa are toothless and just keep bending over backwards to cater for incompetence. Just set a deadline and stick to it. If they havent got their nominations in ontime then badluck. Most of these clubs dont even value state champs anyway and dont understand the significance of it.

Reply #472482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the poster above can u give facts to your statements above? How do you know this?

I am part of one of those clubs and we had our nomination in on time. Also not only do we understand the importance of the champs , we had a team win div 1 and others make classics last year.

Reply #472483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hello centrals person.

Reply #472491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All hail the mighty Sturt and Forestville that always do everything right all the time. Don't believe they have ever committed a foul either, seeing they whinge and complain everytime they get called.

Reply #472493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ironic, considering that the biggest umpire complainer in SA is a Centrals boys coach.

Reply #472522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another stupid club bash. How surprisingly mature of everyone.

Reply #472524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's a week later & we have still heard nothing from BSA. Not even when we can expect them. They can't even release seedings, within a week of THEIR OWN deadline. So what chance is there that this "draft draw" will be out on Monday?

But hey, keep defending their incompetence & blaming the clubs. Just don't expect anything to chance while the current competitions manager is around.

Reply #472619 | Report this post

Ulliminat EYE  
Years ago

Who is the current competitions manager? how long in the job?

Reply #472639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been there since before BSA.

No excuses would be 7th or 8th State Champs he's been in charge of.

Reply #472650 | Report this post

Years ago

they are out - just go to website

Reply #472685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754