Mystro
Years ago

OKC Vs Grizzlies Game 6

Thunder cruise to victory with big games from Durant (36points) & Westbook (25 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists & 3 steals).
Huge game for Steven Adams defensively, team high 5 blocks 2 points (nice 2 handed alley oop dunk) & 3 rebounds.
Mike Conley pulled up with a hammy injury and returned to play a minute at the end before returning to the locker room.
Can OKC ride this victory into game 7 and close this out or is the 2seed in the West tracking an early vacation?

Topic #34370 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Zach Randolph has been suspended for game 7 by the NBA for Striking OKC's Steven Adams first with an elbow to the midsection and then followed it up with a punch to the jaw in the 4th quarter of game 6.

Reply #472735 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Reply #472737 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I will try that again, Mystro did you think that penalty was a bit harsh?

Adams didn't react like he had been punched and maybe a tech but a suspension in the play-offs??

Reply #472739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adams never acts likes he's been punched, look back at the Vince Carter incident.
Not his fault he doesn't act like a soccer player.

I think the penalty is more than fair. Randolph knows how important he is to Memphis and it's solely his fault he won't be playing.

Reply #472744 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Sorry Bear that was me on my phone.

Reply #472747 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, Adams is very cool and usually doesn't react much to heavy contact, got to admire a player that doesn't flop like some of the players going around.

Randolph may have been suckered into it by a savvy Adams who is starting to make a rep for himself as a bit of an antagonist, perhaps?

Anyway, this NBA finals series has been awesome...

Reply #472749 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

This 1st round of play offs has been epic so far.

Hopefully the Warriors down the Clips and Indiana make it past Atlanta and OKC get the W against Memphis.

Reply #472750 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

yeah Adams is the anti-flop

Reply #472751 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Spurs are in for one hell of a fight at Dallas with the Mavs leading at the half.

Sitting back watching this game waiting for the Rockets v Blazers, you just gotta love the NBA!

This is why I would love to see the NBL go to at least a 5 game finals series for all finals, what do you think?

Reply #472752 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Perth aren't that exciting to watch a 5 game series ;)

Reply #472774 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Five game series potentially makes more money for the clubs and the NBL. Should be seriously considered from that aspect alone.

Reply #472775 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Come on Mystro, think outside the square brother, the NBA want to expand and they should. Enter a second Melbourne team, one from Tassie and maybe down the track Brisbane and another NZ team.

Perth may not be the only team people want to watch, but a 5 game finals series for any teams involved just adds that bit more interest.

Who know, as Isaac said, more money, maybe more publicity and media for the sport too??

Reply #472818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:09 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754