Anonymous
Years ago

Brisbane: Training sessions or camps for 35+ yo?

Hi there,

Just wondering, does anyone know of any training sessions or camps for people in the seniors or veterans levels of Basketball?
I am 39 and have started playing basketball comp again after not playing since my teenage years. Unfortunately all my skill and play knowledge of the game has gone. I play once a week veterans (over 35) comp and are improving slightly but need help. I've talked to the league and while there are training sessions and camps for the young I haven’t managed to find anything for the older age groups.

Like I said, while I’m playing ok, I really feel I could get a lot out of some professional help in all areas of the game.

Any help, advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Topic #34419 | Report this topic

?  
Years ago

Are you in Adelaide?

Reply #473588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, should have mentioned that I live in Brisbane.

Reply #473590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the US they have fantasy camps run by MJ, KD, LBJ where wealthy, old people get to play hoops in a camp envrionment hand hang out with the stars. Costs $20K or more in some cases to participate. MJs includes a function at his house depending on how much you are willing to spend!

Reply #473613 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Probably a small market in this for cult ex-NBL players (Reesy, Sapper, etc) to run a social basketball and beers night once a week. Pay however much in exchange for some skills work and scrimmaging followed by drinks at the stadium bar. Like a group personal training session where you aren't pushed that much.

Reply #473616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those 20K camps with NBA players would be awesome but way out of my price range - Ive got three kids to feed :)
Sounds like to get anything like this then Id have to travel to the US and at least go to some cheaper camp or something.
Would be great if there was something here in Aus like the US ones.

Reply #473621 | Report this post

Colours  
Years ago

In Melbourne you can find coaches who are connected to junior clubs, who offer one on one training for a fee per hour, something like $40 to $80 per hour is what I've seen, and they train groups too, if you wanted to split it. Brisbane is probably the same deal, and I don't see why they wouldn't coach adults . You should contact local clubs, or see if there's anybody listed on their websites. I think it's great that you're getting back into it.

Reply #473635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, I would suggest to try and find some more over 35'3 you play with who would also like a bit of extra coaching and just hire a coach for private group lessons. I would be interested but live to far away from any major city.

Reply #473842 | Report this post

mattwatson  
Years ago

Most interesting question I have ever seen. It is really hard for you to get a chance in the basket ball team in this competitive era, where the young ones are ready and eager to join the team, but the same is not impossible. You must practice hard to prove your efficiency and in this concern I am assisting you the name of Stay Strong PT who has a better experience in the field. Stay Strong PT can better assist you how to get an entry into the team along with special training as I have better experienced in a field with their assistance. Thanks for the conversation.

Reply #511164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754