anonymous
Years ago

U16 SA state?

Any word?

Topic #34424 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep.. Apparantly the locked in the final 10 yestdee!

Reply #473730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA have posted the teams.

Well done to all the players that made it!

GO SA

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=62&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=944&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=1&cHash=38fe631368

Reply #473847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good club representation not
I assume then all the other kids are not up to it except for macs as they would be country
This is the girls side

Reply #473853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry mavs

Reply #473854 | Report this post

Years ago

best and most appropriate get selected - wouldn't matter if they came from one club - they are representing the state not the club.
why they even bother mentioning the club - I don't know - cause it only starts the snipes.

Reply #473855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This standard gripe helps people feel better about why they (theirs) missed out, avoids self analysis, avoids getting to the core issues. Avoids having to look for solutions, avoids having to listen and learn.

Avoidance, avoidance, avoidance. Ignorance is bliss, stupidity is obvious to all, except the ignorant.

Refer to the similar gripe a month ago.

Reply #473857 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

2 teams don't make a State side..

oops...they do in SA

Reply #473866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be interesting to know how many started at other clubs !!

Reply #473868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of the four centrals boys, one didn't start at the club

Reply #473869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done wherever the players come from and to the others that are not in the team they are part of a squad that has been training hard and committing so much of theirs and their parents time. Well done to everyone. GO SA.....

Reply #473872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think at least one at Sturt and one from West as well!!

Reply #473879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

879, what r u referring to?

Reply #473883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kids who didn't start at the club they now play for who made state

Reply #473884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee, it seems Centrals boys are pretty well represented considering the gigantic SOOK they had on here about a month ago...

Reply #473907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the state girls team is a blight on basketball in SA, and clubs apart from sturt and forestville and probably the Mavs should be ashamed at how they have let girls basketball slide in this state.

Comittees need to be doing more in girls programmes

Reply #473910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that both Sturt & Forestville have lost in the past few weeks. One to Mavs one to Tigers.

Reply #473913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the selection process for the girls team is a blight on basketball in SA, and selectors should see beyond just sturt and forestville and probably the Mavs should be ashamed at how they have let girls selection process slide in this state.

Selectors need to be looking at more than two girls programmes

Reply #473915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps the other girls programs need to give them a reason to look elsewhere! I note there are no Sturt coaches on the staff.
And if the U/14 results last year where anything to go by - I'd say next year it might be even more lopsided to those two clubs. 3rd and 4th at Nationals, then daylight.

Reply #473926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do know a large number of the Mavs girls are actually country players who made the SA Country state team?

Nothing wrong with the process. More wrong with the development!

Reply #473949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This shows what well run clubs that are concerned with player development first and foremost can achieve. Perhaps other clubs should copy this model, I know of one club that will take any player that comes through it's doors in order for the sale of a uniform to occur, the uniform supplier just happens to be the presidents own company.

Reply #473962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if thats true then thats just disgraceful

Reply #473969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a matter of interest I asked around and think club of origin would be

Girls:
Forestville 6
Norwood 1
Sturt 3

Boys:
Centrals 3
Norwood 1
Southern 1
Sturt 1
West 1
Western 1
Woodville 2

Reply #473999 | Report this post

Barry  
Years ago

I don't see what the drama is with the girls team selection , metro and country all came from the top 4 metro teams and 4 country girls from the strong south -east region .
Probably the most surprising feature of the metro team is it has 5 'bottom-agers ' !

Reply #474064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are the country teams listed anywhere?

Reply #474236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sa country website !!!

Reply #474240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754