hoopie
Years ago

best European team

I read some recent articles which looked at a dream team of Europeans you could put up in the NBA.

Jeez, I'd love to see an NBA team with these players in their prime:
(starters) Marc Gasol, Dirk Nowitzki, Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic and Tony Parker

(bench) Arvydas Sabonis, Pau Gasol, Jose Calderon, Peja Stojakovic, Sarunas Jasikevicius, Sarunas Marciulionis, Dino Radja, Danilo Galinari

(smokies) Vlade Divac, Juan Carlos Navarro, Marco Belinelli.

How far do you reckon it would go in the play-offs?

Anyone I've missed who deserves to be in there?

Topic #34445 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sabonis in his prime does not sit on the bench.

Reply #474052 | Report this post

phillip  
Years ago

No bargnani or okur? What about muursepp?

Reply #474065 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

Kukoc would not start.. Hes a defensive liability at the 3..

Reply #474090 | Report this post

Step back  
Years ago

Pao, Dragic,

Reply #474097 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

Sabonis in his prime destroyed the US team. Google some of the grainy footage they have on youtube, guy was so athletic. Absolute opposite of the guy we saw in the NBA, would have loved to have seen him in his prime going against Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing and Shaq

Reply #474120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alexander Volkov & Detlef Schremf.
Sabonis probably first picked

Reply #474138 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Sabonis in his prime was brilliant, but I thought I'd hedge my bets given how the game has developed.

Dragic hasn't had long enough compared to some of the others I picked.

Diaw hasn't ever given me the thrills that some of the others have. Same with Volkov and Shrempf - highly rated by some, but maybe I didn't see them at their best. Similar with Bargnani or Okur.

My all-time favourite was Toni Kukoc. At 6' 11" (from memory), in his prime he could play nearly every position. He was probably better at SG than SF, but I just threw him in there so that I could start with Petrovic and Parker. I don't remember him being a defensive liability but ...

Jeez, I like the look of Sabonis, Nowitzki, Kukoc, Petrovic and Parker.

Reply #474233 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

It would be good to add in some Sth Americans to think about..., Oscar Schmidt and Manu Ginobili ...

Reply #474274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People here obviously forgot to mention....

Galis
Spanoulis
S. Belov
Dalipagic
Bodiroga
E. Rodriguez
Kosic
Korac

Above list is players that it is simply inexcusable for anyone that calls themselves a basketball fan to leave them off any list of "best European players" list, or "best Europeans team" list. It's like sacrilegious.

To a lesser extent guys like,

Delibasic
Danilovic
Kicanovic
Epi
Berkovich
Brabender
Djordevic
Myers
Papaloukas
Diamantidis
Siskauskas
Corbalan
D. Meneghin
Luyk

etc., etc., some 5-10 more such guys.

Reply #474490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maccabi Tel Aviv!

Reply #475106 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754