Clips
Years ago

The call...lac v okc game 5

I'm not going to blame the out of bounds call off Matt Barnes for our loss last night.

In docs post game interview he was obviously fuming about the call saying if it went our way we would win the game.

It was a crucial call and they called it because they may of missed a foul that Barnes committed on Jackson on the same play.

Honestly I don't know if he fouled or not.it was a slight hand check that propped the ball out of bounds of Jackson. In which case by the rules it would be OKC ball.

But in the playoffs I hope everyone realises calls go both ways. Blaming officials is a low call. I' love doc but when he watches over the tape he might see both teams had controversial calls through the game.

The only thing you can rely on in playoff basketball is your free throws and taking care of the ball. Officials and there bad or good whistles need to be takin out of the equation.

Everyone's thoughts?

Topic #34456 | Report this topic

scott  
Years ago

the clips should of been given the ball and that would mean they probably of won the game. but doc while fuming about the call, also said despite the call they should of the won the game, he didnt account for chris paul playing the worst minute of basketball in his life.

Reply #474299 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

It should have been a foul, doc cry me a river

Reply #474319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should of been a foul for sure

But isn't the rule if the defender hits the offensive players hand and the ball goes out, it's is deemed out on defense? Therefore ball goes back to offense..

Reply #474333 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

My thoughts on that game were, how amazing the final minute was. I gave OKC no chance whatsoever, but it didn't come down to one call, I agree it was more than that and the Clips should have secured that win much earlier.

Having said that, you can't keep a champion down and the 3 pointer by KD then the steal and the risks they took while the Clips just choked, well that's basketball...

Reply #474340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754