Whitey
Years ago

K Love leaving Wolves

Love's management have told the Wolves to trade him or he will leave via free agency at the end of next season.

A lot of people are saying the Lakers are the most likely team to nab the superstar. I would have to think Chicago, Houston and Boston would also be happy to give up almost anything to grab him.

My question is if the Lakers were to try and trade for him now, what would it take on top of this years high high pick?

Is the ball in the Wolves court having up to next seasons trade deadline to find the right deal, or can teams low ball them to the point he walks?

Topic #34477 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I was K Love I would try force my way to Golden State. Golden State should do everything possible to get him.

Lee/Barnes/pick or cash for Love

Curry
Thompson
Iguodala
Love
Bogut

Green
Sessions
Morrow
Ezeli
Speights
Pick (bought on draft night)
O'Neal (if not retired)
Nedovic

Looks a dangerous team led by Steve Kerr

Reply #474651 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I just don't know the Lakers have anything else to chuck in with the high draft pick to be able to create an attractive offer.

Surely Houston wouldn't be able to afford him (especially with Lin coming to the back-loaded part of his deal i believe).

Boston would have a lot of room. Who could they offer? Green + picks?

Would really like to see him go to Phoenix.
Clear out 1 of the Morris twins and others plus cash.

Build around Dragic, Bledsloe, Len and Love.
Play an up-tempo style with mobility and athleticism all around the floor.

Reply #474654 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anon, GS wouldn't have the $ me thinks.

Bogut is on a big contract, Currys big money starts to kick in about now and Iggy wouldn't be too cheap.

Reply #474655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why I think K Love should do try force his way to Golden State, great team, great fans, great place to live, and management that is in win now mode.

He will get there if he wants to and Golden state put up a good enough offer

Reply #474656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they clear out Lee plus Barnes they will be fine

Reply #474657 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah it would be good.

Mind you their major weakness this year was their bench.

They desperately need a PG ( a very good backup in the mould of a Mills).

You can take away Lee and Barnes to get Love..probably strengthens their starters.

But diminishes the rotations even more. They went what 7 deep in the playoffs.

Reply #474660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, very good point,

That's why above I added Sessions, Morrow and a pick to the bench, who are upgrades over Blake and Crawford and the pick replaces Barnes.

But this is an opportunity for the Dubs to get better in the short term and I think they should seriously explore it.

Reply #474661 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

I think Lakers. If they are unable to work the sign & trade, he will go to Lakers at contract end as a free agent.

Reply #474665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will go to the Lakers but If I were him I would force my way to Golden State

Reply #474672 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I was originally thinking that Love may want to go to a contender now, because his time may be running out.

Then checked and saw he is only 25! Incredible.

Its the beard!

Reply #474691 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Westbrook and Love to the Lakers in 2015 ??

Reply #474693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same age as Steph, can grow together and become one of the leagues best one-two punches. Get it done GSW, at least have a crack, up other teams offers

Reply #474697 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Just so we're clear, anon... You're saying he should go to Golden State right?

Reply #474701 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

GSW getting some love in this thread but I don't think they'll get K.Love.

Reply #474718 | Report this post

Billy Hoyle  
Years ago

It will always be the Lakers. I'm thinking straight up trade for the draft pick as long as its pick 4 - 9. The Wolves would be stupid to try and hard bargain with any team knowing he will walk in 12 months.

If LA get pick 1,2 or 3 ( highly unlikely ) they will keep it and build around them to make the next Franchise player.

As above said though, K Love in GSW would look nice if they unload Lee and Barnes or Lee and someone else. He would fit nicely with Steph, Thompson, Iggy and Bogut.

I feel sorry for these teams in America that struggle to keep or acquire stars (Minnesota, Cleveland, Milwaukee) etc etc

Reply #474725 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Would be nice if GSW got Love, but I think Minny will get better offers than Lee, Barnes and a mid-20s first rounder, just because Lee is too old for the Wolves to rebuild with.

Not sure Love would want to come to Boston, but they could offer up Sully (shows some signs he could be K-Love light) plus major cap space (via trade exception for Pierce), a high pick this year and another first rounder from 2015 or 2016. Celtics could also offer Green instead, but then it would just be Rondo, Love and a bunch of scrubs, which gets them nowhere.

Phoenix sounds like an interesting idea. They would have trouble getting the salaries to match as they don't have any big contracts, but if they could overcome that hurdle they could offer say Bledsoe, a Morris, their top pick this year and the top 5 protected Lakers pick next year. That would have to be an interesting offer for the Wolves.

Reply #474726 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Billy, same. You get Miami with three franchise players (other teams loading up too) while some places struggle to keep a star or be competitive. Once upon a time, Cleveland had LeBron and Minnesota had Garnett (or even Love now).

Milwaukee hasn't really had anyone of note in years.

Reply #474729 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Article headline I just spotted suggests he's interested in the Warriors and Bulls. Houston and Boston have also been mentioned elsewhere.

Reply #474750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So not the lakers :(

Reply #474759 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

GSW - could get Love for Barnes/Lee

If they want to streghen the bench look no further than LAC's current bench as a few guys will be looking to sign else where while staying on the west coast for the minimum.

Bench Support Humphries/Marion - Might be to $$$ but could be great to add depth

Turner – poor play for the Pacers so might get him cheap.

Brooks – Will play on the min and be serviceable.

If GSW are smart and get Love they could be a real force if they recruit the right bench.

Reply #474764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Houston should be in with a pretty big chance. A package of Parsons, T.Jones, Asik, Lin & picks could be of interest to the wolves. Asik & Lin are expiring contracts who could be used as trade chips at the deadline.

Also of note, the salary cap is rising this year so they would definately have space providing Lin/Asik are on the way out.

Reply #474783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The T Wolves should draft Johnny Flynn.

Also, has anyone mentioned a K Love / Warriors connection? If not I was going to say that the Warriors should try to get him.

Reply #474792 | Report this post

Socal Local  
Years ago

Teams need to be mindful he doesn't do a "Dwight Howard" and opt out after a year. So I think you can count out Houston and Phoenix, even Boston.

Chicago would be great as he will be in the watered down Eastern Conference and contending straight away.

My prediction is the Lakers will sign him via free agency next year. K Love wants to play in LA or a large market team so it will be the bright lights of the Lake show or in the Bay Area for the warriors.
As these two teams are my all time favourite, I'm happy either way ;)

Looks like an exciting 18 months of NBA with the likes of Westbrook, Durant, LeBron, Melo all up for new contracts.

Reply #474912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should 100% be a Warrior next year, do it Kevin

Reply #474937 | Report this post

Paul  
Years ago

Indiana pacers would probably be a good team for him who are already contenders. Won't have any good draft picks but could trade the trouble maker Stephenson and a couple of fringe players.

Reply #474938 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

Wizards

Reply #474979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:59 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754